• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

1. SEA only got 4 picks due to flukey tips. They had one legit pick or maybe it was two, the tips are not on Palmer so you can't anticipate him throwing a bunch again.

2. SF secondary is not as good as SEA's. Also, if our D dominates SF like they did SEA, SF wouldn't capitalize on turnovers near their own end zone either. It's hard to capitalize when you're starting from your own 10.

The two things the Niners have going for them besides players we have out is that Palmer is banged up, his ankle was jacked in the SEA game so he was even more immobile than usual. If they can get past our OL it's trouble but the OL did a decent job against SEA. The other thing is if our players get distracted looking at the NO game and lose motivation if NO really pulls ahead but I'd be disgusted if this were the case and I don't see Arians allowing them to get apathetic. These guys want the 11th win and the few original veterans always want to beat SF.

Dragon

Banned
Nice thread. I havent been able to tell you but the last few OP's have been amazing. So good to have you back doing these.

Edit: reposting this image in this thread so people will see it.

cutler-romo.jpg

That guy would be banned on GAF in like ten seconds.

jakncoke

Banned
Random thought, but aside from Futurevoid, I haven't really seen much of Giants-GAF at all in these threads in quite awhile.

No Wellington, No Frankman, nada. Even Falcons-GAF still posts despite the fact that our team sucks worse.

On the other hand, it feels nice to be Frankman-free. :)

Looked at his post history seem he went the way of the rorshache and only posts in the madden threads

Im rather curious how we could get ahead of Dolphins considering they beat us

If the Dolphins lose to the Jets, they become 8-8, but so do the Jets. And with that win, the Jets have a tiebreaker over the Dolphins. In a multiteam tie, they use division tiebreakers first to eliminate any teams in the same division, which would mean the Jets would be involved, not the Dolphins

At least, that's what I read anyway.

edit:
ok, here we go

If the Steelers win, Ravens lose, Dolphins lose, Chargers lose, everyone will be 8-8, but that will include the Jets too (they're 7-8 right now)

To break a tie for a wild card spot among 3+ teams, they apply division tie breaker to eliminate teams from the same division. In this scenario, Steelers would have tiebreaker over Ravens and the Jets would have tiebreaker over Dolphins, both because of division record. (Steelers-Ravens 4-2 vs 3-3, Jets-Dolphins 3-3 vs 2-4). So the 3 team tiebreak would be Steelers, Jets, Chargers. Again, in this scenario, Steelers would have the best conference record, and would get the 6 seed.

So basically, you're still alive not just because of the Ravens+Dolphins losses, but also because the Jets beat the Browns

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

829077438.gif

4zzDoOg.gif

That first throw was big, big time. With the pocket collapsing, Cam steps up (are you listening Collinsworth!) surveys the field, sees Ginn on the in-route and delivers the strike while being whacked in the helmet.

And on the second one, they left a free rusher from the secondary, but thankfully Cam was able to shrug him off and still put the ball in the place where only Hixon could catch it. That play could have ended very differently had the rusher connected solidly.

@ Squicken I laughed when I heard ESPN dropped us a rank. They hate us and refuse to ever acknowledge us. You'd think we'd finally earn respect by beating SEA in their house but do we see any coverage on the first team to beat them there in two years? Nope. Just 8 different ways of saying Peyton beat Bradys record. What a joke.

Places like ESPN have a hard time admitting when they're wrong. The narrative was supposed to be the Cardinals are way way behind Seattle and San Fran, and they are doing whatever they can to stick to the narrative for as long as possible. But ultimately quality rankings only matter in college football. Believe me, few fans of NFC teams want to see the Cards in the playoffs right now (except for Eagles fans for some strange reason)

WedgeX

Banned
Annnnnd I posted in the old thread:

I have never seen the three major Detroit sports sources agree on anything. Yet all three have come to the conclusion that Schwartz ought be fired. The Free Press by way of Drew Sharp, Dave Birkett, Mitch Albom, and Bill Simmons, the Detroit News by way of Terry Foster, John Niyo, Chris mccosky, John Katzenstein, and John wojnowoski, and mlive via Justin Rogers and Lyle Meinke.

I didn't listen to Dan Miller and Jim Brandstadder this past weekend, but I feel as though they'd be on the same page.

Fare thee well Schwartz. Goodbye's too good a word and all that.

Places like ESPN have a hard time admitting when they're wrong. The narrative was supposed to be the Cardinals are way way behind Seattle and San Fran, and they are doing whatever they can to stick to the narrative for as long as possible. But ultimately quality rankings only matter in college football. Believe me, few fans of NFC teams want to see the Cards in the playoffs right now (except for Eagles fans for some strange reason)

Yeah I know, it's pathetic. I feel like we're that scary dark horse team, the Giants that barely skated in and then beat everybody without anyone expecting them too except that we won't get in and have that chance :( I'd LOVE to play the Eagles again, it's the game I feel the refs fucked us on and we should have won it and be in the playoffs but I fully acknowledge that we had a couple turn overs including that Palmer pick in the end zone to Floyd and you can't do that on the road and expect to win but that was a fucking interception at the end and we'd have at least got a FG to win the game from it. Fuck you refs! Alright, enough excuse ranting.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Welcome back, Yankee!

@ Squicken I laughed when I heard ESPN dropped us a rank. They hate us and refuse to ever acknowledge us. You'd think we'd finally earn respect by beating SEA in their house but do we see any coverage on the first team to beat them there in two years? Nope. Just 8 different ways of saying Peyton beat Bradys record. What a joke.
Your problem here is that nobody actually watches Seattle play unless it's Sunday or Monday night. They're compelled to talk of us highly based on our record but they really can't be assed to do much else. That's why we're still near the top and you got dropped down. :(

Crisco

Banned
I just wanted to say that despite his flaws, Ted Ginn, Jr. has been absolutely huge for the Panthers this year. Yes, he's had some inexcusable drops, and he's made some pretty bone headed mistakes in both the passing and return game, but he's also played a vital role in every single one of the Panther's biggest wins. There was the TD vs New England, the punt return vs SF to setup to the game winning field goal (offense only got one first down after that return), and now that huge catch and run to help beat New Orleans. He also made a heady play to run up and catch the punt to give the offense decent field position. Dude is an enigma, and it's a shame he can't be more consistent catching the ball, but the Panthers wouldn't be where they are now without him.

JCizzle

Been a good Christmas Eve so far. Half day of work, then wrapped the last batch of shit that came in today from amazon while watching Arnold be a boss in jingle all the way.

Draxal

Random thought, but aside from Futurevoid, I haven't really seen much of Giants-GAF at all in these threads in quite awhile.

No Wellington, No Frankman, nada. Even Falcons-GAF still posts despite the fact that our team sucks worse.

Frankman has posted a good amount, and Striker and Bigat do post a bit. The mindnumbingly poor Rutgers season has crushed my soul.

ShaneB

Final week of the regular season =( It's flown by so fast.

As mentioned in the previous thread, I do agree the power rankings are all sorts of bizarre this week, which I do attributes to how even things have turned out. Come playoff time, it does feel like any team that makes it in can win it all.

Konka

Banned
Final week of the regular season =( It's flown by so fast.

As mentioned in the previous thread, I do agree the power rankings are all sorts of bizarre this week, which I do attributes to how even things have turned out. Come playoff time, it does feel like any team that makes it in can win it all.

LJ11

Scouts on NFL 14 Draft.

Some interesting comments. Explosive and fast is something I don't associate with Mosley, I'm not sure what I'm missing with him.

Sounds like everyone will love Greg Robinson after he declares.

Not sure why Bridgewater wasn't grouped with the pocket passers, don't think anyone considers him a run threat even though the scout seems to think observers do think so.

And Frankman posts every Sunday for the most part. People get older, have more responsibilities, or lose interest. They don't stop posting because their team sucks.

cdyhybrid

CLE @ PIT
WAS @ NYG
BAL @ CIN
HOU @ TEN
JAC @ IND
NYJ @ MIA
DET @ MIN
CAR @ ATL

TB @ NO
BUF @ NE
STL @ SEA
GB @ CHI
SF @ ARI
DEN @ OAK
KC @ SD

PHI @ DAL

Spinluck

Stay safe during the Holidays guys.

Especially my Florida bros (except Gata since he can't drive or afford tolls/Sun Pass, the gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas is when the shitty drivers of this state decide to say fuck it and drive when shittier.

I remember going north on Turnpike after Thanksgiving and I saw like 12 accidents. Turned a 4 hr drive into a 5 hr one. Crazy shit.

Anyway, go Jags!

Scouts on NFL 14 Draft.

Some interesting comments. Explosive and fast is something I don't associate with Mosley, I'm not sure what I'm missing with him.

Not sure why Bridgewater wasn't grouped with the pocket passers, don't think anyone considers him a run threat even though the scout seems to think observers do think so.

And Frankman posts every Sunday for the most part. People get older, have more responsibilities, or lose interest. They don't stop posting because their team sucks.

God I want Darqueze Dennard, but I'd rather get him in the second round than at #12.

BigAT

I can only post about your penis so frequently, sorry.

simples

Banned
i went to the movies with the family and theater was fucking packed wtf

this was the first time during the holidays that i did something like this and thought we were losers for doing so and the whole theatre would be empty. but holy shit do people not have anything better to do. then later found out it was 70% off (5$ tickets)........how sad. Doing that over the holidays. glad we took the family van and blended in with the commons, someone probably wouldve jacked my beemer from the lot

bet gata was there lining up for a free second screening

Scouts on NFL 14 Draft.

I would really like The Patriots to get Odell Beckham. Pats love guys who can run good routes.

Top Bottom