• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave. I feel you are in denial. It's all going to come on in a few days. I'm waiting for the explosion of emotions.

This won't destroy me.

I've only been destroyed once and that was in regards to a game 7 collapse that to this day I still refuse to watch or even talk about.

This is nothing compared to that.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Anti-Kubiak was my impression.

BcxKF4NCcAE03W5.png:large

Tha fuck.....lol
what the hell is this from?

Letting Cutler go would create two huge question marks over the offense. First, we have no idea who would replace him. There's no guarantee a suitable replacement can be obtained in the draft, and there will certainly be none on the free market. The second would be Brandon Marshall. If Cutler goes, what happens with him? He's been very clear that Cutler is his quarterback. Will he become toxic and try to force his way out of Chicago? While I'd like to think he would be on his best behavior, the guy's past really says otherwise.

Then there's the defense. Emery and Trestman need to focus on rebuilding the unit. To do this they'll need some free agents, but most importantly they'll need to use the team's high draft picks. The first three or even four rounds should be defense oriented, with them taking the best DT, DE, LB or CB available.

Unless they can tag and trade Cutler for a king's ransom, he needs to stay.
I'm hearing that Schaub, Matt will be available.

This Rodgers gay rumor is the worst.

Firstly, it's none of our business.

But secondly, and more importantly, regardless of whether it's true, you know he's going to go around fucking all the girls to prove a point now.

I have no chance at getting laid in the next 48 hours. Aaron's going to blink them all.

eznark

Banned
This Rodgers gay rumor is the worst.

Firstly, it's none of our business.

But secondly, and more importantly, regardless of whether it's true, you know he's going to go around fucking all the girls to prove a point now.

I have no chance at getting laid in the next 48 hours. Aaron's going to blink them all.

Ask Wilde to bring it up tomorrow!

Doorman

Why would the Lions fire Schwartz this year when so many other teams will be competing for coaching talent? Was he really that terrible that it had to happen this season?

Good God yes.

This year saw the team situation gradually spiral completely out of Schwartz's control. You could actually say that the team's pretty good 6-3 start hurt him in the long run, because it convinced people around here that the team had enough talent on the player-side of things to compete, especially with the rest of the division crumbling right in front of us. To see that perceived talent start to come up short time and time again, in frustrating fashion, started the questions. He did himself no favors by making any acknowledgment of problems (refusing to adequately address fundamental breakdowns, stupidly-timed penalties, the erosion of Stafford's mechanics and decision making) and by the end turned openly hostile against the fanbase.

Even if you thought he wasn't a terrible coach, bringing him back for another season would have been an utter disaster for fan support and media scrutiny, and the GM already confirmed today that he was ready to be done with Handshake Wonder. Whether this is a "good year for coaching candidates" or not, keeping Schwartz around yet again would've been throwing poison into the already-muddy waters here.

But it's not all bad.

6992722846_cc068293b1_c.jpg

(Yes, I know it seems very Gata-esque, but I promise you I was a fan of United well before Cristiano Ronaldo was there)

BLUUUUEEE IS THE COLOR! FOOOTBALL IS OUR GAMMMMEEE!

WE'RE ALL TOGETHER AND WINNING IS OUR AIM!

SO CHEERR US ON THROUGH THE SUN AND THE RAIN!

CAUSE CHELSEA! CHELSEA IS OUR NAME!

MRSA

Banned
Mariota is a fraud just like the other Samoan that shares the same name of "Marcus" out of Washington.

I hope the Browns draft him

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why would the Lions fire Schwartz this year when so many other teams will be competing for coaching talent? Was he really that terrible that it had to happen this season?

Please tell me this is a joke post.

Top Bottom