• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

rando14

That would break females hearts if true.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27616-1385412466-19.gif

Patriots7

...why would you need Mallett to leave with McDaniels again?
Don't need him to leave, but it makes sense if McD is leaving that he might lobby to get Mallet.
I believe his rookie contract is about to end, he is bound to garner some interest in the league, moreso than the Patriots would likely be able to/want to counter, and if McD is going to coach somewhere, why not take along a QB who has been studying under your system for the past couple of years?

Sanjuro

Don't need him to leave, but it makes sense if McD is leaving that he might lobby to get Mallet.
I believe his rookie contract is about to end, he is bound to garner some interest in the league, moreso than the Patriots would likely be able to/want to counter, and if McD is going to coach somewhere, why not take along a QB who has been studying under your system for the past couple of years?

I don't think Mallett is gimmicky enough to please McDaniels, unless he has changed his philosophy.

Sanjuro

Even if it's for a first round pick, I don't see the desire to trade Mallett. It would have to be something too good to be true, so you're looking at an Oakland deal.

So are there any Bears fans who want to get rid of Cutler? He played great yesterday, better than Rodgers. He played a McCown style game but still made some Cutler throws that only he can do. It is the first time Cutler has ever looked like a competent QB against the Packers. If Trestman can make McCown look good, why not give him another off season to iron out all the problems with Cutler.

Letting Cutler go would create two huge question marks over the offense. First, we have no idea who would replace him. There's no guarantee a suitable replacement can be obtained in the draft, and there will certainly be none on the free market. The second would be Brandon Marshall. If Cutler goes, what happens with him? He's been very clear that Cutler is his quarterback. Will he become toxic and try to force his way out of Chicago? While I'd like to think he would be on his best behavior, the guy's past really says otherwise.

Then there's the defense. Emery and Trestman need to focus on rebuilding the unit. To do this they'll need some free agents, but most importantly they'll need to use the team's high draft picks. The first three or even four rounds should be defense oriented, with them taking the best DT, DE, LB or CB available.

Unless they can tag and trade Cutler for a king's ransom, he needs to stay.

Letting Cutler go would create two huge question marks over the offense. First, we have no idea who would replace him. There's no guarantee a suitable replacement can be obtained in the draft, and there will certainly be none on the free market. The second would be Brandon Marshall. If Cutler goes, what happens with him? He's been very clear that Cutler is his quarterback. Will he become toxic and try to force his way out of Chicago? While I'd like to think he would be on his best behavior, the guy's past really says otherwise.

Then there's the defense. Emery and Trestman need to focus on rebuilding the unit. To do this they'll need some free agents, but most importantly they'll need to use the team's high draft picks. The first three or even four rounds should be defense oriented, with them taking the best DT, DE, LB or CB available.

Unless they can tag and trade Cutler for a king's ransom, he needs to stay.
If Cutler is available then he would fetch a king's ransom.

JABEE

$18m/year 30 year old diabetic coming off a season of injuries with a half dozen concussions in his career is probably not going to get the type of return the Bears would be willing to trade him for.
The Browns will not relent in their pursuit of Franchise QB James Willard Cutler.

$18m/year 30 year old diabetic coming off a season of injuries with a half dozen concussions in his career is probably not going to get the type of return the Bears would be willing to trade him for.
Tampa? Houston? Cleveland? Hell, Minnesota is starting a collection. Someone would give quite a bit for a guy like Cutler.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
kave has lived through years of tough football seasons, tough hockey seasons, several years of a drunken oaf crackhead mayor. one bad coaching hire/fire won't crush him. the fans and media will forget all of this if they nail the next hire. browns have a better young nucleus than most non-playoff teams

You forgot supporting a basketball team for the last 18 years that has only made the playoffs 5 times, only making it to the second round once. Also hasn't made the playoffs for the last 5 years.

Plus supporting a baseball team that since winning back to back World Series has not made the playoffs in 20 years.

ZbY5NmP.gif

JABEE

You forgot supporting a basketball team for the last 18 years that has only made the playoffs 5 times, only making it to the second round once. Also hasn't made the playoffs for the last 5 years.

Plus supporting a baseball team that since winning back to back World Series has not made the playoffs in 20 years.

ZbY5NmP.gif
Kave. I feel you are in denial. It's all going to come on in a few days. I'm waiting for the explosion of emotions.

rando14

[/QUOTE]

biiiitch at least you have a basketball team. And at least the brownies have rings, we aint got shit!

Oh and the Mariners are even shittier than the Blow Jays!!

#blessed

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Why would the Lions fire Schwartz this year when so many other teams will be competing for coaching talent? Was he really that terrible that it had to happen this season?

Syrinx

Why would the Lions fire Schwartz this year when so many other teams will be competing for coaching talent? Was he really that terrible that it had to happen this season?

As of right now they're only one of six teams looking for a head coach, which isn't all that many.

And them having their two biggest competitors in the division both losing their quarterbacks for significant time and yet still both finish above the Lions was proof that he needed to go.

slabrock

Banned
usually 5 or 6 coaches get fired every year on black monday. Also the lions job is probably the most attractive option. After the Lions monumental collapse at the end of the season Schwartz had to go.

Milchjon

Won't be much fewer next year, I assume.

I mean, the Browns are pretty much guaranteed already.

Gigglepoo

Peyton Manning's points scored in playoff losses:

19-16 vs Titans
23-17 at Dolphins
41-0 at Jets
24-14 at Patriots
20-3 at Patriots
21-18 vs Steelers
28-24 vs Chargers
23-17 at Chargers
31-17 Saints
17-16 vs Jets
38-35 vs Ravens

5 losses were at home (5 on the road, 1 neutral)
Average of 16 points scored per game

biiiitch at least you have a basketball team. And at least the brownies have rings, we aint got shit!

Oh and the Mariners are even shittier than the Blow Jays!!

#blessed

You wanna talk about pain?!

I've witnessed 2 Super Bowl losses to Eli Manning! Besides that we only have 3 Super Bowl wins, 3 World Series, 1 NBA Title and 1 Stanley Cup in the last 15 years!

Top Bottom