• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

RBH

BXCPC5hCMAATXI2.jpg

Lots of empties at Chargers-Jaguars. Maybe this game should have been the one played in London
https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/391970447656378368/photo/1

squicken

Bill Voth @billvoth 2m
mcdermott admitted "Kuechly is a poor mans bowman and a homeless mans willis"

Doubt anyone watches other games, but I would challenge the assertion of that there coach on what went on. STL lost b/c of turnovers, drops and penalties. None of which Kuechley or the DL forced

eznark

Banned
Doubt anyone watches other games, but I would challenge the assertion of that there coach on what went on. STL lost b/c of turnovers, drops and penalties. None of which Kuechley or the DL forced

PFF was saying Star dominated that game

Number 1 seed has won less often recently. Advantage to stay sharp for an offensive team by not having the bye.

As far as beating us, they got some gifts. Can't turn the ball over.
Just like in basketball. San Antonio is number one seed, they get backdoor swept by the Thunder. Go number two seed last year, reach the Finals. Seems to be a universal thing.

Bowser

Where does it say in those tweets that putting an extra man on Kuechly is what caused the Rams to lose? All it says it allowed the DL to shine, which, uh, they did:

Star Lotulelei (+4.1) vaulted himself right back to the head of the race for Defensive Rookie of the Year with a dominating performance in run defense, leading the way to hold the Rams to 3.0 YPC rushing. Predominantly lining up at DRT (27-of-43 snaps), the rookie gained a stop on 33% of his snaps in run defense, including two TFLs and two more tackles for short gain. That ridiculous number could’ve been even higher if not for a missed tackle in pursuit of a Zac Stacy run. Whether it was his quickness, as at 0:33 in the second, or his power, like at 0:19 in the third, the St. Louis OL simply couldn’t handle Lotulelei in the run game. He proved tough to handle as a pass rusher too, notching up two hurries and a hit on the day.

BYE WEEK!!!!!!!!

Get fucking hyped!

niners master plan is working brilliantly.

1. lose to ravens in the superbowl on purpose
2. ravens have to give flacco a contract that cripples the franchise for years to come
3. ravens suck complete dick
4. john harbaugh fired
5. jim hires john as special teams coach

oh god Freeman gets another primetime game?

Detroit vs Dallas is shaping up to be one of the better machups this week. I think it could go either way. The key will be if Dallas's D can shut down Reggie Bush like they did McCoy. If they do that, then they have a chance.

Well that and the offense needs to pick it up. But Garrett always goes into a shell when going on the road.

niners master plan is working brilliantly.

1. lose to ravens in the superbowl on purpose
2. ravens have to give flacco a contract that cripples the franchise for years to come
3. ravens suck complete dick
4. john harbaugh fired
5. jim hires john as special teams coach

You forgot the part where John Harbaugh sucks dick and Ray Lewis is a fucking swirling beacon of football inspiration. Get him back. Do whatever is necessary. I can't explain his witchcraft, but he is magic. Ray Lewis is magic.

Narag

You forgot the part where John Harbaugh sucks dick and Ray Lewis is a fucking swirling beacon of football inspiration. Get him back. Do whatever is necessary. I can't explain his witchcraft, but he is magic. Ray Lewis is magic.

Performing under duress of losing your life is a great way to stay motivated. That said, I don't know how Kyle Boller is still alive.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So my Browns/Packers recap:

I DROVE FUCKING 12 HOURS TO WATCH WEEDEN AND THE BROWNS PLAY SO TERRIBLY!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

But it was all worth it. I'd still do it again, absolutely fantastic to finally see my Brownies in person. Also amazed at how many Browns fans I saw there, the theme after the game seemed to be "well there's always next week..." :jnc

I will say Green Bay and the fans there are all classy as fuck. I got chirped of course but everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Highlights:

• One lady sitting next to me and my friend kept laughing at how much I was pained over my poor team. She even bought me a beer because she was impressed I would still follow this team.
  • I boarded a bus filled with only Packers fans, they all clapped and cheered at me for being brave enough to board.
  • Talking with a Browns fan outside of the washrooms and both of us shaking our heads over how little faith we have in Weeden. The goal was he'd give us at least 2 quarters of good football...
  • What I believed to be a sconi was on one of those red scooter things going down the street.

A photo from after the game:

WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU STILL WANT TO BELIEVE I'M A GREY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/realkaveman_zps217bd088.jpg

oh god Freeman gets another primetime game?

Detroit vs Dallas is shaping up to be one of the better machups this week. I think it could go either way. The key will be if Dallas's D can shut down Reggie Bush like they did McCoy. If they do that, then they have a chance.

Well that and the offense needs to pick it up. But Garrett always goes into a shell when going on the road.
Dallas loses and the Giants pull a win out of the Eagles (lol I know) but of they do they're only two back from the division. NFC Least.

So my Browns/Packers recap:

I DROVE FUCKING 12 HOURS TO WATCH WEEDEN AND THE BROWNS PLAY SO TERRIBLY!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

But it was all worth it. I'd still do it again, absolutely fantastic to finally see my Brownies in person. Also amazed at how many Browns fans I saw there, the theme after the game seemed to be "well there's always next week..." :jnc

I will say Green Bay and the fans there are all classy as fuck. I got chirped of course but everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Highlights:

• One lady sitting next to me and my friend kept laughing at how much I was pained over my poor team. She even bought me a beer because she was impressed I would still follow this team.
  • I boarded a bus filled with only Packers fans, they all clapped and cheered at me for being brave enough to board.
  • Talking with a Browns fan outside of the washrooms and both of us shaking our heads over how little faith we have in Weeden. The goal was he'd give us at least 2 quarters of good football...
  • What I believed to be a sconi was on one of those red scooter things going down the street.

A photo from after the game:

WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU STILL WANT TO BELIEVE I'M A GREY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/1377446_10100461937008210_2014341874_n_zps1a221452.jpg

holy fuck 12 hours?! sorry weeden did you that way bruh. btw where'd you get that browns sweater? i want a niners one like that!

xnipx

The ravens have sucked before. I've seen it. They don't suck this year, just a rough start. You'll see. Flacco is my boy. Harbaugh needs to stop fucking around tho

Dallas loses and the Giants pull a win out of the Eagles (lol I know) but of they do they're only two back from the division. NFC Least.

Heh I could see it happen. Its funny how in Dallas all the media goes "hm..Detroit, that's winnable". And I think, yea..they're saying the same thing.

I still think the division is converging to 8-8 winning it. And it could have multiple teams with that record. With Dallas's schedule and team character, I see a lot of win one/lose one for most of the year

DiscoJer

Where does it say in those tweets that putting an extra man on Kuechly is what caused the Rams to lose? All it says it allowed the DL to shine, which, uh, they did:

Considering how awful the OL is for the Rams, that's not really saying much.

I mean, the Rams are not quite the worst offensive team in the league, but close. And their rushing is really bad. 3.2 yards per carry.

The only way they can get any sort of blocking is using two tight ends. They did have some luck with that against the Jaguars, but they worse than the Rams. And even though they beat the Texans, it was mostly because the Texans made a lot of mistakes.

mr2xxx

Banned
So Rams get 3 YPC and that's something? They are pretty horrible running the ball, didn't someone hold them to 1 YPC?

squicken

sounds like fun kave. At least you fleeced the Colts on Trent 3.0 and probably watched the last start of Weeds career. Save the stub!

Top Bottom