• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

thanks for the thread, Coldplay

BOYKIN FUTURE

image.php

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This might be the worst/best insult I've ever seen.
Comparing someone to craig dahl should be a bannable offense.

craigh dahl taught us everything we needed to know about the rams defense this year. last year we couldn't beat them. this year we won in a laugher. coincidence!?

Heh I could see it happen. Its funny how in Dallas all the media goes "hm..Detroit, that's winnable". And I think, yea..they're saying the same thing.

I still think the division is converging to 8-8 winning it. And it could have multiple teams with that record. With Dallas's schedule and team character, I see a lot of win one/lose one for most of the year

We all know it's coming down to that last week game against the Eagles for the division. It's going to get flexed to Sunday night so everybody can laugh at Romo :(

Hunter S.

Lucky me I lost my avatar bet, but I am not getting one. Excellent. I never want to see Peyton play Indy again he obviously hates to do it.

squicken

So Rams get 3 YPC and that's something? They are pretty horrible running the ball, didn't someone hold them to 1 YPC?

Only team w/o a rushing TD, and they had like 16 yards on 19 carries vs SF. That is what I was saying earlier about good days vs bad opponents. All offensive players tear up the Rams. The offense at least was improving once they ditched the spread

KaYotiX

Banned
Nice Kave :) (Your still a grey cat on here though)

Glad you got to be blessed by the great and holy Lambeau field!!!

Hope you enjoyed the game and the state, sorry you had to put up with Weeden.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
glad you had a good time, Kave

I'm jealous a Browns fan got to visit Lambeau before me

Actually there was something there that I had to take a photo of just for you.

I'll link it tomorrow when I get the photo from my friend. It's on her iphone.

mr2xxx

Banned
Only team w/o a rushing TD, and they had like 16 yards on 19 carries vs SF. That is what I was saying earlier about good days vs bad opponents. All offensive players tear up the Rams. The offense at least was improving once they ditched the spread

Exactly same thing with the Skins D. Play us and get proclaimed a revolutionary offense.

Greg

Actually there was something there that I had to take a photo of just for you.

I'll link it tomorrow when I get the photo from my friend. It's on her iphone.
Yes!

And I'm probably late to this, but from Finley:

I want to thank my family, friends, teammates, fans and Packer Nation for the prayers and support over the past 24 hrs. I'm happy to report
that I have been transferred out of the intensive care unit and that I have full feeling in my arms and legs. As importantly,
I was able 2 walk to & from the shower today, which was badly needed after yesterday's victory! Thank u again 4 the support, and Go Packers!

MechDX

Been watching a mint in box Star Wars AT AT toy on Ebay for my boys as a Christmas present this year.

imgSoldCvi_96x96.png

Some bastard tried to snipe me at the last second but I slapped the bitch down by raising my max bid in the last minute.

Feels good man.

Greg

Been watching a mint in box Star Wars AT AT toy on Ebay for my boys as a Christmas present this year.

imgSoldCvi_96x96.png

Some bastard tried to snipe me at the last second but I slapped the bitch down by raising my max bid in the last minute.

Feels good man.
you bought nothing for a high price - that's why you won

Meier

glad you had a good time, Kave

I'm jealous a Browns fan got to visit Lambeau before me
I've never even been to an NFL game. Been to at least 50 college games between FSU (student and lived there a few years after) and UT (season tix the last 3 years) but no Bucs games when I lived in Orlando (no ride or money) and no Bears when in Chicago (too expensive). Some day I'll go to one. Surely.

imgSoldCvi_96x96.png

Feels good man.

Not thinking about selling your sealed figures any more?

I still don't understand why we decided Richardson was the starter after like 1 quarter of preseason play. Pretty sure they didn't even use Stacy against any first-stringers.

I still don't understand how our defense is this awful though. Unless you're a QB that's in his last year as a starter, you're basically guaranteed to complete 70%+ of your passes. Hope that Bradford's injury isn't an excuse to keep this coaching staff after our 3-13 season

MechDX

you bought nothing for a high price - that's why you won

I Schaubed the hot link.

Not thinking about selling your sealed figures any more?

Don't know. Kids will play with this. You can get a new release at TRU now for $130 but screw that. Got this one for $90 with shipping included. Some reason my kids are just now getting into Star Wars and all they talk about is that big AT AT toy

0308.9.2013.jpg

Already got them a POTF X Wing, POTF Vaders Tie Fighter and Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter. I spoil my kids

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
After tonight's garbage game, there's no way the NFL lets the Giants keep their two SNF games. Flex schedule to the rescue!

Too bad they can't stop this Sunday's game :/

squicken

Exactly same thing with the Skins D. Play us and get proclaimed a revolutionary offense.

Yeah. Rams aren't as bad on defense as the Bears or Skins, but it is very close. I think they allow like 70% of passes to be completed. Foster, Julio and Murray had 200 yards on then, Gore had 150. Ryan had a career day. Palmer had his best game of the year. Cam completed like 80% of his passes. It's gross, and unlike CHI and WAS, they can't blame injures or draft issues

Narag

After tonight's garbage game, there's no way the NFL lets the Giants keep their two SNF games. Flex schedule to the rescue!

Too bad they can't stop this Sunday's game :/

Think that's NBC's call and looking at the schedule, there's not much better for them to choose from. CBS and FOX would definitely protect DEN/KC and SF/NO.

I assume NYG/GB would do well in ratings regardless anyhow. Week 11 anyhow. No idea about week 13.

Greg

Very happy to see he's ok.
yeah, I don't think it will translate into football health any time soon (or ever), but it's good to know he's functioning

I've never even been to an NFL game. Been to at least 50 college games between FSU (student and lived there a few years after) and UT (season tix the last 3 years) but no Bucs games when I lived in Orlando (no ride or money) and no Bears when in Chicago (too expensive). Some day I'll go to one. Surely.
I've only been to one, and it was a Packers/Browns game (in Cleveland)

I actually prefer the atmosphere of a college game, but I'm not a huge fan of live football in general compared to something like hockey

it is a fun experience to take in if you're including tailgating though

squicken

I still don't understand why we decided Richardson was the starter after like 1 quarter of preseason play. Pretty sure they didn't even use Stacy against any first-stringers.

I still don't understand how our defense is this awful though. Unless you're a QB that's in his last year as a starter, you're basically guaranteed to complete 70%+ of your passes. Hope that Bradford's injury isn't an excuse to keep this coaching staff after our 3-13 season

Defensive staff has to go. Personnel department is bad as well and they need to figure out why players don't get better once drafted

Boose

Coaches saw something in Richardson last year when he was the change of pace back for SJ. He will never be more then that.

I would like to see Pead at least get a shot in Richardson's spot. I know he has had fumbling issues in the preseason. But he was a 2nd round pick for a freaking reason just give him a shot already.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Think that's NBC's call and looking at the schedule, there's not much better for them to choose from. CBS and FOX would definitely protect DEN/KC and SF/NO.

I assume NYG/GB would do well in ratings regardless anyhow. Week 11 anyhow. No idea about week 13.

Yeah. I didn't realize how weak that Sunday was overall. Green Bay's probably enough to save that game vs the competition. But that second Giants SNF... I don't think facing Washington is good enough to hold it. Perhaps CBS will be more willing to let go the 2nd DEN/KC game instead of wasting 1 of their 5 protections?

NYG/Wash is by far the most mediocre SNF of the season. Bleh. Everything but Jags vs Browns would be better Week 13.

So my Browns/Packers recap:

I DROVE FUCKING 12 HOURS TO WATCH WEEDEN AND THE BROWNS PLAY SO TERRIBLY!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

But it was all worth it. I'd still do it again, absolutely fantastic to finally see my Brownies in person. Also amazed at how many Browns fans I saw there, the theme after the game seemed to be "well there's always next week..." :jnc

I will say Green Bay and the fans there are all classy as fuck. I got chirped of course but everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Highlights:

• One lady sitting next to me and my friend kept laughing at how much I was pained over my poor team. She even bought me a beer because she was impressed I would still follow this team.
  • I boarded a bus filled with only Packers fans, they all clapped and cheered at me for being brave enough to board.
  • Talking with a Browns fan outside of the washrooms and both of us shaking our heads over how little faith we have in Weeden. The goal was he'd give us at least 2 quarters of good football...
  • What I believed to be a sconi was on one of those red scooter things going down the street.

A photo from after the game:

WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU STILL WANT TO BELIEVE I'M A GREY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/1377446_10100461937008210_2014341874_n_zps1a221452.jpg

The fact you're not some nerdy white kid is blowing my mind.

Top Bottom