• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

MechDX

ugh, plz no.

Some Jaguar fans feel Gus Bradley needs one more year.

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif

So apparently Rams attendance and ratings are worse than they were in St Louis. I know it's their first year back, but god damn I wish the NFL would just give up on having a team in LA.

TV ratings and attendance for L.A. Rams games aren't blowing anyone away

Throughout the history of expansion and relocated pro sports teams, a great first season at the gate has been a near certainty. Whether the team wins or loses, there’s a novelty for at least the first season.

The Los Angeles Rams aren’t really getting that grace period.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Dan Caesar broke down the television ratings numbers, and they’re a little surprising. The Rams, back in Los Angeles after 21 seasons in St. Louis, are not drawing huge ratings. They’re averaging a 9.4, or 9.8 when an early start game on Oct. 23 in London is not counted. Ratings in St. Louis were much better for Rams games. The Post-Dispatch said the worst rating for a Rams game in 21 seasons was a 10.6, and that came in 2013 when the St. Louis Cardinals were playing a World Series game at the same time.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/t...ames-arent-blowing-anyone-away-231611925.html

lol

Their pass defense sucks but to be fair their run defense is one of the best in the league.

And plus, by comparison, is there any other team even remotely as complete as them right now?

Their run defense only looks good statistically because it's so easy to pass on them, which teams often do because Cowboys are constantly playing ahead.

effzee

Had the Eagles not moved up for Wentz, they could have potentially traded up for Zeke, stayed put at 8 for the best available Tackle while also retaining DeMarco to be the best option at RB, nabbed Prescott in any round after the first, and still traded Bradford for a 1st round pick.

Fuck.

Hindl

Had the Eagles not moved up for Wentz, they could have potentially traded up for Zeke, stayed put at 8 for the best available Tackle while also retaining DeMarco to be the best option at RB, nabbed Prescott in any round after the first, and still traded Bradford for a 1st round pick.

Fuck.

Demarco didn't want to be an Eagle. The locker room hated him and he hated being here. As for the others, until we traded for Wentz I was all on the Zeke train and actually wanted Dak in the later rounds, but it wasn't a sure thing. I'm happy with Wentz

Texans should have gone with Jessica at QB

Sure, if you completely ignore defense. Even on the offensive side, Our WR Corp is average at best.

The whole team is overachieving basically. It's not a complete team by any measure.

Jerry Jones should win coach of the year.

This Bengals game is gonna be some real fuckery

If you listen to the Eagles eye in the sky podcast with Fran Duffy and Greg Cossel, they broke down the Bengals defense and they both think the Eagles should do well against them. The Bengals play nickel almost 70% of the time and almost never blitz, they just sit back and hope the front 4 will create pressure but they are 24th in sacks this year. Wentz should have all day to find open guys and the fact that they play zone means even the Eagles terrible WRs can get open. This should be an easy game for the Eagles.

Fuck.

Man I want to go to that timeline, fuck this shitty one.

So what Eagles trade up to 2 or 3 for Zeke? You guys would have shit all over them.

That is true. I was in the keep Murray and build the OL camp, not the trade up for zeke one. He looks good but it is impossible to actually judge him since he is playing on easy mode.

Hindl

If you listen to the Eagles eye in the sky podcast with Fran Duffy and Greg Cossel, they broke down the Bengals defense and they both think the Eagles should do well against them. The Bengals play nickel almost 70% of the time and almost never blitz, they just sit back and hope the front 4 will create pressure but they are 24th in sacks this year. Wentz should have all day to find open guys and the fact that they play zone means even the Eagles terrible WRs can get open. This should be an easy game for the Eagles.

Man I want to go to that timeline, fuck this shitty one.

People said the same thing about the Packers. Patchwork OL and a DL that couldn't get pressure to save its life. The Packers also sat in Zone coverage for the most part, although Wentz was pretty accurate. Hopefully Doug sticks with the run this time, Bengals have an awful run defense, but Dre Kirkpatrick and Pacman Jones would be able to pick off Wentz. And our DL SHOULD get pressure against Dalton, I think we just had a string of mobile QBs that made it difficult. Russ can run all over you, and Rodgers had the perfect gameplan to beat an aggressive 4-3 D; quick passes. There were passes were he got the ball out in under a second. Dalton is pretty good but he's not that good. We'll see.

So what Eagles trade up to 2 or 3 for Zeke? You guys would have shit all over them.

I wouldn't have wanted to trade up, I would've hoped he fell. Which before the draft was the smart move, no one was really expecting the Cowboys to take Zeke, it was all Ramsey or Bosa (Bosa would've been a nightmare on the Cowboys). Or there was the thought that Jerry Jones really liked Wentz and may have taken him. I wouldn't have wanted to trade up though, just because 2017 is so stacked, but if Zeke fell to 8 I would've loved him. Would've been a tough choice between him and Tunsil though. But with 2017, there's so many talented RBs that I think the Eagles can get a good 3 down back. I just hope they look for more than a back that can also catch, cuz that would prevent them from taking someone like D'Onta Foreman in the 2nd or 3rd.

Drakeon

Fuck.
Literally every team passed on Prescott multiple times. Every team could have had him, so playing that game is pretty pointless.

Dallas is one of the most complete teams in the league, especially in a year full of mediocre teams.

Kirk cousins just threw for 500 yards and maybe 1 of his passes were contested(other than the 2pt)

If Dallas loses a game by 50, the romo fans will blame dak but the defense is 100% the problem here

Zeke

Great O line and 3 good skill position players will do nothing but enhance a young QB's confidence. When the offense can be productive it helps the defense immensely. Broncos last year were the exception and far from the norm.

Example: texans defense is getting worse because the offense cant do shit. They are now breaking down because of it.

EDIT: Of for fucks sake Im defending/praising the fucking cowboys. End the season already!
and Weeden nor Cassel could do shit with this team last year thats how garbage those guys are.
Demarco didn't want to be an Eagle. The locker room hated him and he hated being here. As for the others, until we traded for Wentz I was all on the Zeke train and actually wanted Dak in the later rounds, but it wasn't a sure thing. I'm happy with Wentz
Y'all broke my boy Murray last season good to see him beasting in Tennessee. I'll never forget his Bradford stare down.

squicken

Now that the Vikings have lost a coach to injury I'm gonna say this is the most snakebit season I have watched a team have. Crazy year

Pff listed all the WR crops this season top 10 in order
1.pats
2.cowboys
3.Skins
4.raiders
5.Broncos
6.falcons
7.cards
8.saints
9.Steelers
10.giants
29.eagles
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-receiving-corps-this-season/

Cole Beasley has not been getting the credit he deserves on the Cowboys offense because of all of the other awesome pieces it has, but he really has been on fire. He's been incredible this year. Good to see PFF acknowledging this, though.

I'm gonna need you guys' emotional support on Saturday night when the Hokies lose to Clemson. Especially you, Floyd.
Depending on which teams show up.. the Hokies can win.

Is the team that got its ass kicked by Tenn going to show up or the one that beat a good UNC team..

God VT is annoying.. just show up.. that's their biggest problem.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Great O line and 3 good skill position players will do nothing but enhance a young QB's confidence. When the offense can be productive it helps the defense immensely. Broncos last year were the exception and far from the norm.

Example: texans defense is getting worse because the offense cant do shit. They are now breaking down because of it.

EDIT: Of for fucks sake Im defending/praising the fucking cowboys. End the season already!

Their pass defense sucks but to be fair their run defense is one of the best in the league.

And plus, by comparison, is there any other team even remotely as complete as them right now?

Yeah can anyone name two more complete teams than Dallas right now?

The only argument I see (as fucking always) are the Patriots in terms of where they are statistically.

Dallas also has the largest point differential in the league. I'm just hoping that they're this year's version of last year's Panthers. With a rookie QB, I think that's entirely possible.

Top Bottom