• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Tom Penny

I didn't realize Jeff Fisher has made 35 million dollars just coaching the Rams on top of his other 16 years of contracts..

I didn't realize Jeff Fisher has made 35 million dollars just coaching the Rams on top of his other 16 years of contracts..

If you really look at the teams he coached, none of them were big markets or football towns, just look at Tom Coughlin 2 time SB winning coach was forced to resign, Fisher hasn't made the playoffs since 2008..he's a in a big market now, if they don't fire him after this season another failing season in LA and he gone for sure..

Hindl

If you really look at the teams he coached, none of them were big markets or football towns, just look at Tom Coughlin 2 time SB winning coach was forced to resign, Fisher hasn't made the playoffs since 2008..he's a in a big market now, if they don't fire him after this season another failing season in LA and he gone for sure..

But the NY/NJ market cares about football. From my understanding most of LA doesn't give a fuck about the Rams, or really anything but the Lakers. He'd get fired sooner but I think he'll last more than one more season

Especially since ratings/attendance aren't setting record books on fire, So Cal has plenty else to do and other good teams to watch and spend money on before a shitty team.

Look at my avatars eyes and tell me I have no soul.

This is an unfair statement. Even if I wanted to, even if I becleved it,

image.php
image.php

I can only see your hair

Revisiting the Jenkins discussion...

Lowest DB burn rate (through Week 12):

Jenkins 40%
DRC 44%
Grimes 46%
Rhodes 46%
Newman 46%
Norman 48%
Bouye 48
McDougald 48

Scouting report was that he took too many chances with Rams. He admitted as much, but said he didn't feel pressure to do that with NYG.

Bitanator

Revisiting the Jenkins discussion...

I'm really impressed by the Giants secondary, some playmakers back there, now their pass rush is getting active more than it was in the sacks category where they have been disruptive but have not got home, run stopping is great. NFC East will be a tough out in the playoffs

EatDatPussy445
I've came to the conclusion that the eagles are losing on purpose and are getting paid to throw games

Jig's up EaglesGAF

Bitanator

nice write up on terrance newman and playing the game at 38. Its crazy to me the guy is still playing at a high level after all these years. He was beast in Dallas, was sad to see him leave.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/3...rnerback.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
also a little nostalgia some TNew highlights!
https://youtu.be/1zQwDUKOHgY

Towards the end there he would always tackle at the legs and people would leap over the guy, got a bit too much hate from the fan base during the last of his stay but hell Dallas has not had one of him since. Always liked him as a player

Hindl

Thanks Farooq.

Sometimes I wonder why there aren't more interceptions in football. Almost the entire drive was 12 personnel with the TE blocking backside. playside receivers run a rub or high low route concept. Pack sat in zone all drive. Capers probably coached the D to wait Wentz out and make him beat them with throws but not one attempt to drive on recognition? I'm just some schlub and I saw what was coming.

Hindl

Thanks Farooq.

Sometimes I wonder why there aren't more interceptions in football. Almost the entire drive was 12 personnel with the TE blocking backside. playside receivers run a rub or high low route concept. Pack sat in zone all drive. Capers probably coached the D to wait Wentz out and make him beat them with throws but not one attempt to drive on recognition? I'm just some schlub and I saw what was coming.

Could be that we have a birds eye view of the formations and are relaxed while viewing it, while the defenders have roughly around 25-30 seconds after the previous play to get lined up and only see what's directly in front of them. And they have assignments on where to go, especially in zone coverage like the gifs there. But that's also probably what separates the top tier defenders, they're able to process the formations even at ground level and have the instinct to make plays.

Could be that we have a birds eye view of the formations and are relaxed while viewing it, while the defenders have roughly around 25-30 seconds after the previous play to get lined up and only see what's directly in front of them. And they have assignments on where to go, especially in zone coverage like the gifs there. But that's also probably what separates the top tier defenders, they're able to process the formations even at ground level and have the instinct to make plays.

The defenders also have a full week of tape study and their athleticism to fall back on, not to mention years of experience.

It's a rhetorical question - no corner wants to be the guy who bailed on his assignment only to give up a 95 yard touchdown, especially when another player is itching to take his spot. Still though.

squicken

The Vikings have no chance to beat any good team. Early in the year they could beat anyone, but as the offensive injuries mounted it hit a breaking point. When they were 5-0 they had a top 5 passing offense by DVOA and EPA. Teams figured out they could keep two safeties deep and stop the run and that is what killed the offense

They have played 11 offensive linemen and tomorrow will start 3rd string tackles and a backup center. Both RBs average less than 3.3 YPC, with a longest run of 29 yards. What they are good at is shortening games so opponents don't run a lot of plays. As bad as the offense is they are 9th in plays per drive and 5th in TOP per drive

The numbers don't show this but they can be pretty shaky at run defense. Pass defense is right there with SEA as the league's best, but they need to play with a lead to really turn the pass rush loose.

Dallas 24-13

Bitanator

The Vikings have no chance to beat any good team. Early in the year they could beat anyone, but as the offensive injuries mounted it hit a breaking point. When they were 5-0 they had a top 5 passing offense by DVOA and EPA. Teams figured out they could keep two safeties deep and stop the run and that is what killed the offense

They have played 11 offensive linemen and tomorrow will start 3rd string tackles and a backup center. Both RBs average less than 3.3 YPC, with a longest run of 29 yards. What they are good at is shortening games so opponents don't run a lot of plays. As bad as the offense is they are 9th in plays per drive and 5th in TOP per drive

The numbers don't show this but they can be pretty shaky at run defense. Pass defense is right there with SEA as the league's best, but they need to play with a lead to really turn the pass rush loose.

Dallas 24-13

Dallas will still register no sacks so Vikings should be safe there even if they had a slip of rice paper holding the line in place, Dallas is going to be without their only hard hitting safety tomorrow, and only Sean Lee to defend at linebacker. Barry Church will probably be adverse to tacking since his arm is still in danger of breaking from a hard hit. I don't think tomorrow will be a loss, but I can see it happening this week or next against the Giants. Depth at secondary is all but gone, will be hard with good passing teams coming up after Vikings

squicken

Dallas will still register no sacks so Vikings should be safe there even if they had a slip of rice paper holding the line in place, Dallas is going to be without their only hard hitting safety tomorrow, and only Sean Lee to defend at linebacker. Barry Church will probably be adverse to tacking since his arm is still in danger of breaking from a hard hit. I don't think tomorrow will be a loss, but I can see it happening this week or next against the Giants. Depth at secondary is all but gone, will be hard with good passing teams coming up after Vikings

This isn't the Eyeore thing. The Vikings just cannot play offense b/c the offensive line is that bad. I have watched a lot of bad offensive line play and the only thing I have seen as bad is the 2011 Rams and the 2015 Chargers. Without Zimmer the defense is also going to take a big hit. He's the playcaller and one of the best

Bitanator

This isn't the Eyeore thing. The Vikings just cannot play offense b/c the offensive line is that bad. I have watched a lot of bad offensive line play and the only thing I have seen as bad is the 2011 Rams and the 2015 Chargers. Without Zimmer the defense is also going to take a big hit. He's the playcaller and one of the best

I hear you, I have also seen the Jaguars with David Garrard shred the Dallas Cowboys with more talent on the field than what we got out now, so anything can happen

Dallas 24-13
Poor Sammy B. Dude was playing as well as anyone first 5 weeks and then the entire ol just died. No doubt he is cursed.

You think there's any chance of Leary leaving after the season? The big talk was no team is going to pay him big money because of his knee condition. I'd love to keep Leary where he is now and have Collins take the RT spot.
I'd love to keep Leary and bounce Doug Free. Get Collins on the outside. I swear all of our sacks are on Free.

Jarnet87

My crystal ball says Backwards Jeff next destination is sunny Jacksonville.

It's the perfect fit. Bad QB, and use to below mediocrity. His brand of 7-9 bullshit will be a breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom