• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

effzee

Yeah, you get there by having your previous GM/HC trade away/cut all the black players.

I dunno why people expected them to make the playoffs when they started a rookie QB in Week 1 and play in the toughest division in football this season.

Never mind all the injuries.

Because way back when in Sept when everyone though Cowboys would go nowhere without Romo again and that the division was crap the Eagles started off 3-0 with a rookie coach and QB and beat a quality team in the Steelers. The D was holding opposition to less than 10 points and the Skin were 1-2 and Giants were mediocre.

Expectations went up and while I knew the offense would come back down to Earth, the D has had zero serious injuries but has just sucked more and more each week.

Also Howie traded or cut a bunch of black players. I guess he is a racist too?

effzee

I think this was a case of him being a rookie HC. Until that game he was 5/5 on 4th and short, and he had just lost a game in Dallas by being too conservative, so he over-corrected. The playcalling was baffling though.

As for your other post, Alshon is probably going to be out of our price range. There are a lot of other WR-needy teams that have way more cap space. Probably better to target the lower tier of WRs in FA like Floyd, and try to grab Corey Davis in the draft. The OL has been alright all things considered, the depth is being tested and they've held up relatively well. They did pretty decent against the Seahawks and Packers, considering 3 out of the 5 players were 2nd and 3rd stringers. And this isn't a great draft for OL, they shouldn't grab one before the 4th honestly.

Yeah I give slack to rookie QBs, not to coaches. Not to a coach who has played in the league and has coached as an assistant and OC for almost a decade now. He has the same issues Reid has which tells me he believes in the same concepts as Reid and his downfalls will be similar.

You don't just learn on the job what to do as a coach when playcalling. This isn't new to him or seeing it for the first time. The play calling, clock management, and situational football needs to 10x better and it doesn't matter if he is a rookie HC.

I really don't care about the cap, just get it done. Magic man messiah Howie will figure it out.

BigAT

3W0psEy.jpg

Eznark has a blog?

He just started it recently, I believe.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's time like this I wish I knew anything about college football. Should I be rooting for the Niners to lose out (and the Browns to win)? Is there a superstar in waiting at the top of the draft?

As far as I know not really BUT first pick you can choose whoever the heck you want with no "ragrets!"

cdyhybrid

It's time like this I wish I knew anything about college football. Should I be rooting for the Niners to lose out (and the Browns to win)? Is there a superstar in waiting at the top of the draft?
If you mean a QB, doesn't look like it. Doesn't mean there won't be one, but there's no Luck-esque prospect.

Line_HTX

Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanTPendergast 3h3 hours ago

Sean Pendergast Retweeted VICE Sports

BONG……. BONG…….. BONG…...

VICE Sports ‏@VICESports
The clock has struck midnight on Brock Osweiler. http://bit.ly/2gT3buf

CygVzaFVIAAQ6qH.jpg

Don't need no stinkin' ass VARMINT John Deere blog to state the obvious. We can do it ourselves.

BigAT

We bringing back #NFLGAFinthe90s ?!

C-I-T-Y you can see why
these guys, the neat guys, smart and streetwise.

Check the class from school to the playground.
You'll make it there if you just stay 'round
the right crowd. Come on, sign it loud.
Roll with the City Guys.

C-I-T-Y you can see why

City wide, roll with the City Guys.

C-I-T-Y you can see why

Check the class from school to the playground.
You'll make it there if you just stay 'round
the right crowd. Come on, sign it loud.
Roll with the City Guys.

C-I-T-Y you can see why

I totally watched that show, that and...

HANG TIME BROUGHT EM TOGETHER

PUTTIN IT ON THE LINE

WE'RE HOT
WE'RE IN THE ZONE

Mindlog

I've said all those things except the first one.

"way too sweet" is a weird concept to me.
I've done #1.
I quit drinking juices for a long time. When I came back I was assaulted by how sweet they were. I almost completely water down any juice I drink now. At least 4 parts water to 1 juice on average.

Top Bottom