• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

I think Villanueva being an actual combat vet changes the math a bit. They probably allowed him leeway because of his military service. I didn't think it made his teammates look worse, if anything it showed that the team respected the actual military vet in their midst.

All Villaneuva standing for it does is add fuel to the "kneeling for the anthem disrespects the troops" narrative, which is total bullshit.

You want to honor your country? Stand with your teammates and exercise your right to protest, you know, the very thing Americans gladly spout the troops are fighting for - only when it suits them.

Will be fun this Sunday. #FucktheBESF's

DKlnRJIW4AEd11I.jpg:large

CDY what the hell is this??

https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504

Ric Flair

Banned
I think Romo just really gets into those situational moment and roots for whomever in the heat of the moment. I'd much rather have an announcer who shows some life during a broadcast instead of the bland style that Joe Buck or Jim Nantz have.

Holding the Bengals to only 3 points in the second half was definitely something that caught my attention.

On a side note, I feel like the Packers should try to swing a trade for Adrian Peterson or something. Ty Montgomery isn't really working at running back in my opinion (124 yards over 3 games) and the dude doesn't seem like he's hitting holes with any kind of speed or power.

It isn't fair to judge his running right now when the offensive line is in such bad shape. The packers have arguably the weakest line right now in the whole league. both starting tackles are out and they're also missing Cobb, who is their main speed receiver for short passes which compliment the running game

Hindl

It isn't fair to judge his running right now when the offensive line is in such bad shape. The packers have arguably the weakest line right now in the whole league. both starting tackles are out and they're also missing Cobb, who is their main speed receiver for short passes which compliment the running game

No

DKlnRJIW4AEd11I.jpg:large

Sephzilla

You are right, the offensive line is pretty banged up. On that note I wish the Packers would move on from Bryan "I'm hurt more often than Clay Matthews" Bulaga

MechDX

MechDX

At least he was engaged with the pass rusher. Hawks OL look like they're just trying to make the other team feel bad for beating up on a JV unit

Engaged then tossed to the side like someone cutting in line at Golden Corral in front of Stafford

Man, as a Packer fan who likes to consider himself slightly unbiased, I don't think people (Packers fans) appreciate just how lucky we've gotten to spend the last 20+ years watching the two QB's we have..

Yesterday was the first game all season I had time to watch every snap and only two things kept coming to mind:

1. How terrible would we be without Aaron Rodgers?
2. How much better could Rodgers be/have been if he ever had a offensive line.

Sephzilla

Man, as a Packer fan who likes to consider himself slightly unbiased, I don't think people (Packers fans) appreciate just how lucky we've gotten to spend the last 20+ years watching the two QB's we have..

Yesterday was the first game all season I had time to watch every snap and only two things kept coming to mind:

I like to believe most Packer fans appreciate how lucky we've been to have Favre and Rodgers all these years, especially when we have two teams in our division that have basically had revolving doors for the QB position. That being said I think a lot of Packer fans are frustrated that we've had 20+ years of Hall of Fame quarterbacking and only 2 Super Bowls (and only 3 appearances in the big game) to show for it.

I'll throw a #3 into your mix as well

3- How much better would the Packers be if they actually had a consistently reliable defense. I wonder if Rodgers sometimes puts too much pressure on himself because he feels like he has to score on every drive in order to win big games

The Packers would be absolutely fucked if Rodgers went down with any kind of injury because the team puts all of their eggs in the Rodgers basket, and McCarthy has already been exposed as a Jeff Fischer tier head coach without Rodgers

Hindl

Engaged then tossed to the side like someone cutting in line at Golden Corral in front of Stafford
Oh yeah Texans are probably next worst, but Seahawks take the cake

The Packers have had a top tier pass protecting OL for the last several years. TJ Lang leaving hurt them though

Sephzilla

Even with a trash offensive line Rodgers can still make a lot of plays. The Achilles heel to the Packers is still their defense, because any team with a good offense can keep Rodgers off the field for extended periods of time. The last time Rodgers didn't have the pressure of needing 30+ points to win every game, he won a Super Bowl. The only other thing that can hold Rodgers back at that point is the McCarthy factor

As a Vikings fan I still get salty, that we didn't draft him and then drafted Tavaris Jackson the next year. Good lord how things would be different.....maybe....maybe not....probably not.

Pats let too many good defenders leave, and then replaced their salaries with offensive players.

Pretty much
Trying to do the we'll out score you with our beast offense

Terrible mentality

Lol Ben, and yet people say Brady is the worst person
Ben raped a woman
He's a garbage human being

Jesus fucking Christ I cant believe he is so out of touch, hell even Brady could see which ways the winds are blowing with this. Ben sounds totally clueless.

gutshot

Kneeling isn't even fucking disrespectful! It's like the ultimate sign of respect.

Do people forget that the kneel wasn't even Kaep's initial protest? And he switched to that because he wanted to be respectful of the military while still protesting racial inequality?

Top Bottom