• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

cdyhybrid

l3uIzi3.jpg

Hello darkness my old friend

Pretty much
Trying to do the we'll out score you with our beast offense

Terrible mentality

Back end of the Pats defense has more talent than last year. Hightower being hurt and losing their draft pick to season ending injury has left them weak at the front, but they will figure it out by week ten.

Statement from Bill Belichick: "I have immense respect and admiration for our players, for how they conduct themselves professionally as New England Patriots and for how they represent themselves, their families and community as men. I have coached football for over four decades and one of the greatest things about being in this environment is the diversity of people, backgrounds, viewpoints and relationships we are fortunate to experience. As with any large group of people, there is a variety of perspectives and opinions on many topics. Discussions occur between myself, individual players, groups and the entire team on an ongoing basis. They concern the team and other issues surrounding the team. I am going to keep the specifics of those conversations private. I will do what I feel is best for the team in my role as head coach and collectively, we will work together to find the best way to proceed."

Here is the full BB statement for those interested in reading a bunch of words with 0 real meaning.

Hindl

Les Bowen reporting he won't expect Cox to play against the Chargers, and Hicks is a question as well as McLeod. If they're all out Pip is gonna shred the Eagles D

Afrikan

Here is the full BB statement for those interested in reading a bunch of words with 0 real meaning.

"we will work together to find the best way to proceed"

It's not that hard...Some of these coaches are making things more complicated for themselves. Let the players sit, kneel, stand. Whichever each individual wants.

Chip Kelly set an easy example for them last year.. Just say you might not agree but they are exercising their rights as citizens. Simple as that, next question.

Fake edit- I will say that if I was a coach I would ask that they not sit, but either kneel or stand (be it fist or not)

If they want to sit to show how much social injustice awareness means to them.. then yeah I'm ok with it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
And here I thought Villanueva took the prize for throwing his teammates under the bus with his bs yesterday. Big Ben proves he's an even bigger asshole.

bionic77

Bionic's boy!
GET FUCKED.

I disavowed Ben and the entire NFL months ago.

Pretty sure you are still wearing your Brady jersey and it probably still has Trump's stink on it.

JCBs clean.

Don't try to put your dirt on us. Its too fucking clean on the rooftops for us to deal with your mess.

Afrikan

Kneeling isn't even fucking disrespectful! It's like the ultimate sign of respect.

Do people forget that the kneel wasn't even Kaep's initial protest? And he switched to that because he wanted to be respectful of the military while still protesting racial inequality?

They people who have a problem with "kneeling", who have a problem with anything outside of hand over heart and shutting the fuck up.

Let's say Kap never sat or kneeled... if he started his protest with a raised fist. Those same folks would've STILL went crazy!

If all the players compromised and all stood, but some raised their fists... same folks would eventually go crazy and want that gone too. Even though they are just demanding players to stand.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Despite the heartbreaking fashion of our loss there are still a lot of positives to take away as Lions fans. The Falcons are the #1 team on SI.com Power Rankings. Are the Falcons that much better than us?

We had to start a guy named Zac Kerin at Left Guard because our starting center Travis Swanson is out. I'm privy to the Lions roster and the moves we make but I had not heard of him until yesterdays game. We were also without our stud rookie MLB, Jarrad Davis, and it really showed as the Falcons ran all over us.

The positive is that Matthew Stafford has reached a level of play at QB that possibly only Tom Brady is playing at right now. He finally has free reign to run the offense as he see's fit and is running the offense from the line of scrimmage, Peyton Manning style.

Stafford makes some throws and reads that no person on this planet can make.

Watch this brilliant film breakdown of Matthew Stafford right now

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...youtube-detroit-lions-atlanta-falcons-preview

A film breakdown of some games from last season, against the Jaguars and Bears, where he's making what should be impossible throws. He made some brilliant throws yesterday. Stepping up into the pocket and avoiding pressure then passing the ball perfectly over a LB into triple coverage. Come playoff time bring on whoever.

d5f5a8b5b0e459a8dadd68514ba87a91

tocry.png

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man I hope more sponsors come out like this. Would be amazing for the business community to essentially tell Trump to stuff it.

They kinda already did when Charlottesville happened and his business leadership board all quit. I'm all for businesses shitting on him again though.

Kusagari

I don't know if would be possible to fuck up the situation worse than Tomlin did.

He should have just let players come out and kneel or stand if they couldn't 100% agree. Instead he has AV out there by himself and then Ben's rapist ass feeling the need to assure everyone he's still a patriotic good boy because he was being compared negatively to the former military man.

Dude better hope he can keep the locker room together.

More sponsors
PFT said:
Via SportsBusiness Daily, Ford and Nike have issued statements of support.

Said Ford: ”We respect individuals' rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share. That's part of what makes America great." Also, ”Nike supports athletes and their right to freedom of expression on issues that are of great importance to our society."

ZeoVGM

Banned
GET FUCKED.

I disavowed Ben and the entire NFL months ago.

Pretty sure you are still wearing your Brady jersey and it probably still has Trump's stink on it.

JCBs clean.

Don't try to put your dirt on us. Its too fucking clean on the rooftops for us to deal with your mess.

So I take it you haven't watched a single game this year?

Patriots defense might be bad but Flowers and Wise are gonna be great players.

Again, like every year, no reason to make any statements about who is good and who is bad in the league at week 3. Things change so much before the regular season ends.

Pats had few key injuries on D but the secondary is better (on paper) than last year. When they traded Collins last season the defense was mediocre and people made a big deal about the trade. By the end of the season they were much better.

Again, like every year, no reason to make any statements about who is good and who is bad in the league at week 3. Things change so much before the regular season ends.

Pats had few key injuries on D but the secondary is better (on paper) than last year. When they traded Collins last season the defense was mediocre and people made a big deal about the trade. By the end of the season they were much better.
Yeah the patriots defense always takes about a month or so to find itself.

bionic77

So I take it you haven't watched a single game this year?
Pay attention rook.

I am out. I have been saying that for months.

I only come in here to chat with my bois. Specially the Joy Con variety.

That and to remind BG that he is and always will remain a mark ass busta. I am sure he has mirrors in his house and knows this but it can't hurt to remind him.

Pay attention rook.

I am out. I have been saying that for months.

I only come in here to chat with my bois. Specially the Joy Con variety.

That and to remind BG that he is and always will remain a mark ass busta. I am sure he has mirrors in his house and knows this but it can't hurt to remind him.

Sup best friend!

bionic77

Sup best friend!
Its all good cuz.

Its always good when you doing the right thing like me and you have done since January!

I want to say that being good is enough. But to completely honest I also like the moral superiority and smugness that comes with it that you and me now own.

You're "out" or are you like Walter White "out?"
I am out.

I don't remember the last time I actually made about football. I have seen maybe a quarter and a half of football, not because I wanted to, just because I was at someones house and they were watching it.

Milchjon

See Deacon, THAT'S what a non-statement looks like:

And that's what a fucking awful statement looks like:

Fuck the Steelers.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't know if would be possible to fuck up the situation worse than Tomlin did.

He should have just let players come out and kneel or stand if they couldn't 100% agree. Instead he has AV out there by himself and then Ben's rapist ass feeling the need to assure everyone he's still a patriotic good boy because he was being compared negatively to the former military man.

Dude better hope he can keep the locker room together.

Tomlin put it to a team vote. Was he supposed to tell everybody what to do and force them to toe the line? You guys really want facism. Do as I tell you, just not what Trump tells you!

Villanueva really fucked it up. Don't say one thing, do another and then scurry out of the locker room after the game. You can run into enemy fire, stand and answer some questions. He put everyone else on the team in an awkward positon of trying to explain his actions when he had the opportunity to do it for his self.

Ben's allowed to have his opinion, also. The point of all of this should be to try and respect differing points of view, not just shit on the nearest available target. Dude should still retire tomorrow, but that's because he sucks.

Top Bottom