• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
DKdNJGZU8AAS0l0.jpg:small

Russell gonna be the only one standing.

Hunter S.

Are any of you liberal voting people from conservative areas? While I am. To get along with people, you have to look beyond politics. If I didn't than life would suck. The thing is I love my city and do not want to move away. Natural beauty is more important to me than living in some liberal, ugly city.

This thread is supposed to be about football. Yet, many of you have made it about politics too much. This thread has been horrible because of it. The Kaepernick topic has it's own thread. Maybe you should post there more often about politics . This thread used to be more about fun., laughing and the game. Now it is not. It is a shame.

cdyhybrid

Are any of you liberal voting people from conservative areas? While I am. To get along with people, you have to look beyond politics. If I didn't than life would suck. The thing is I love my city and do not want to move away. Natural beauty is more important to me than living in some liberal, ugly city.

This thread is supposed to be about football. Yet, many of you have made it about politics too much. This thread has been horrible because of it. The Kaepernick topic has it's own thread. Maybe you should pot there more often about politics . This thread used to be more about fun., laughing and the game. Now it is not. It is a shame.

Blame your boy Trump.

This thread is supposed to be about football. Yet, many of you have made it about politics too much. This thread has been horrible because of it. The Kaepernick topic has it's own thread. Maybe you should pot there more often about politics . This thread used to be more about fun., laughing and the game. Now it is not. It is a shame.

When the President calls out football players and owners, and players and owners respond, it becomes a football issue. Sticking your head in the sand is no longer an option. We're way beyond that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

This thread is supposed to be about football. Yet, many of you have made it about politics too much. This thread has been horrible because of it. The Kaepernick topic has it's own thread. Maybe you should post there more often about politics . This thread used to be more about fun., laughing and the game. Now it is not. It is a shame.

Motherfucker using the argument used against Kaep in a thread about football.

rokkerkory

Ur dumb president is to blame.

Don Jr. Pls

linkboy

If the moron currently occupying the office of president had kept his fucking mouth shut (or just not been a racist piece of shit), tomorrow would be about football.

He's single handily dividing this country to push his agenda. Fuck him and everything he stands for.

mjp2417

Banned

8.gif

Gee, why are people talking in the football thread like the fucking shitty president made a fucking shitty comment about football hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :thinkingemoji

effzee

Eagles statement might be weak sauce but Lurie can't be lumped into the same owners group that donated to Trump.

In fact just the other day he, with Goddell, and his players started engagement with Philly PD. Players includes Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Boldin.

Don't make this thread turn on Broncos GAF!

Oh, piss off.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Literally how the duck could we not talk about this when the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES has called out almost the entire sports world. Politics in unavoidable in anything in 2017.

gutshot

The point was not to avoid the topic, but not to make it the main topic. Which it is.

How can it not be the main topic when you have players and owners releasing statements every 30 mins?

If all you care about are the games, then just come back tomorrow.

JABEE

On one side, the players may actually respect the anthem on the Eagles. If Lurie spoke to them and they still kneel tomorrow which is not disrespectful. I'm not sure how to feel about Lurie.

It still feels like Lurie is trying to play both sides. I just wish there was more of a direct contradiction of the President's statements. More anger. I feel like there should be more defiance to what the President said about Kaepernick and the very few Eagles players who demonstrate or have demonstrated on the sidelines.

Lurie seems to be in contact with Torrey Smith and Malcolm Jenkins, two of the leaders of the protest on the Eagles. But it still seems like Lurie is trying to be a moderate.

The Eagles are a team that always has military people and police at their games. It's like he is afraid this will alienate him and like the President, he's too focused on criticizing the motives or the action itself without realizing the kneeling sparked the conversation.

In the video from earlier in the week, Lurie, Goodell, and other Eagles players toured the PPD and different criminal justice non-profits in the Philadelphia area. Lurie intimated that he's just learning about this problems of incarceration and treatment of black people now. Which I find kind of hard to believe. He's a well-educated man who produced the documentary "The Inside Job." He knows social policy.

I feel he's too comfortable toeing the league line. His statement was basically in line what Goodell said. Most teams are hovering around that point, some have gone further. Some haven't said anything at all. In the end, Lurie seems too defensive, which makes me worry he's one of the guys who was rattled by Kaepernick and not understanding.

He wants social progress on his terms with his own set of priorities. His players must prove they can bring about change within his parameters of right and wrong. I think his restrictions on never rattling any cages and selling out anyone who steps out of line damning in a very subtle, easily deniable way.

I just feel kind of "okay, bleh" reading and hearing Lurie talk about this issue.

The point was not to avoid the topic, but not to make it the main topic. Which it is.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM IT'S ALMOST LIKE IT'S A BIG TOPIC A LOT OF THE TEAMS ARE COMMENTING ON AND PUBLICLY ADDRESSING HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :increasingthinkingemoji

Also I thought you previously said "this thread's been horrible", in which case lol then get the fuck out of it, nobody's making you post here, especially if you clearly hate doing it

When the President calls out football players and owners, and players and owners respond, it becomes a football issue. Sticking your head in the sand is no longer an option. We're way beyond that.

Thank you.

Pepiope

Eagles statement might be weak sauce but Lurie can't be lumped into the same owners group that donated to Trump.

In fact just the other day he, with Goddell, and his players started engagement with Philly PD. Players includes Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Boldin.
I think Lurie just doesn't want to make any enemies.

JABEE

Sorta agree with Hunter tbh. This thread should be at least be 50% talking shit about pat fans.

Just wait until Kraft puts out a statement threatening penalties for anyone who disrespects Honorary Team Captain and Super Bowl LI Champion Donald Trump.

Dishwalla

Banned
What is there to talk about in the football world right now besides these political statements? Any injury reports that we've missed or anything? I mean all the people in here could just go back to yammering about the Switch and other nonsense(as it pertains to this thread's main topic), would that be better?

cdyhybrid

What is there to talk about in the football world right now besides these political statements? Any injury reports that we've missed or anything? I mean all the people in here could just go back to yammering about the Switch and other nonsense(as it pertains to this thread's main topic), would that be better?

Let's talk about how Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick gave Donald Trump a Super Bowl ring.

I hear the Patriots are cheaters. Let's discuss that.

Top Bottom