• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Fox318

A Colorado man with dreams of joining the NFL has made it his mission to become the first male cheerleader for the Denver Broncos.

Alongside more than 200 women, Sacha Heppell was the only man at the first round of the 2012 Denver Broncos Cheerleader tryouts on Sunday, local station KSDK reports.

"It's huge. I'm excited. I'm totally thrilled," Heppell told KSDK. "No male has ever made it through auditions."

Heppell says his love of dance is what encouraged him to try out.

"When I dance, I lose myself," he told KSDK. “I used to have a sign job where i would hold a sign on the street corner, and I would do so many dance routines for people."

Unfortunately, Heppell’s moves weren’t enough to wow the judges — he didn't make the cut.

"I'm a little disappointed. I gave it all I got," he told KSDK.

Heppell, who vows try return to tryouts next year, wasn't the only male who tried out for an NFL cheerleading squad over the weekend.

In Texas, Dixon Hernandez joined nearly 1,000 women for a shot at becoming a Houston Texans cheerleader, KTRK reports.

"I'm here to have fun, and for the experience," he told the station. "You know, just to see what it's all about. And who doesn't want to be a Texans cheerleader?"

Hernandez didn’t make the cut, Yahoo News reports.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...eader-history-article-1.1062397#ixzz1sEPLCbV8

bionic77

On the subject of glasses and contacts I hate having shitty vision.

I have considered the surgery to correct my vision but I am too worried that I will be in that small percentage of botch jobs and forever have fucked up vision.

cajunator

Banned

I have considered the surgery to correct my vision but I am too worried that I will be in that small percentage of botch jobs and forever have fucked up vision.

This also prevents me from getting any kind of eye surgery. Ill just stick to glasses.

snesfreak

Banned
So what would you like to see in Nintendo's next gen system, after WiiU?
After Wii U?
No idea.
What I want for Wii U is for it to dominate like the Wii did, but with good online and all the games the other systems have.

Basically, I want Nintendo to shut the haters up this next gen.
They'll spend 30 seconds on the Bucs, and an hour on the Cheatriots.

Junie12

After Wii U?
No idea.
What I want for Wii U is for it to dominate like the Wii did, but with good online and all the games the other systems have.

:jnc that's never gonna happen. Even if Wii U becomes a success haters would find a way to downplay it like they always do.

Besides all I want from next gen is new awesome IPs to play!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
After Wii U?
No idea.

Bucs have a better chance of winning the SB next year than any of this happening.

snesfreak

Banned
:jnc that's never gonna happen. Even if Wii U becomes a success haters would find a way to downplay it like they always do.
Probably.
Bucs have a better chance of winning the SB next year than any of this happening.
Well, the online will be better at least.
We already know (Iwata said it) that the "Nintendo Network" will use user accounts, so it's just a matter of what kind of features it has other than that.

Besides all I want from next gen is new awesome IPs to play!

Screw new IPs! Sequels is where it's at! I want Gran Turismo 6!

Also, what time does the draft start? 8:00 PM?

Edit : Found it!

XbJcp.png

bionic77

Steelers re-sign Chaz Batch....that's right, Grandpa is back again!
Bad news.

I heard he broke both wrists signing the contract.

After Wii U?
No idea.

It is not healthy to eat like Freeman or get too attached to a company the way fanboys do.

The GC was a flop but I liked the console because it had a few good games and a really comfortable controller. But I played the shit out of my PS2 and that got way more playtime, but somehow they managed to exist together.

As long as you aren't a poor kid you shouldn't care about console wars. I buy whatever system has games on it I like.

snesfreak

Banned
It is not healthy to eat like Freeman or get too attached to a company the way fanboys do.

The GC was a flop but I liked the console because it had a few good games and a really comfortable controller. But I played the shit out of my PS2 and that got way more playtime, but somehow they managed to exist together.

As long as you aren't a poor kid you shouldn't care about console wars. I buy whatever system has games on it I like.
I'm poor.

I was gonna do it but then I saw how they did it on how it's made. I'll stick to squinting thanks.

Junie12

Screw new IPs! Sequels is where it's at! I want Gran Turismo 6!

I have this fear of next gen that they'll be less games to play because of how expensive games are now. And the only way to make money for publishers is to milk they're most popular games and the industry would be flooded with unimaginative sequels.

That's a future I do not want to see. But has a high chance of happening :(

bionic77

So this is awkward.
Not really.

Most young people are poor.

SNES is just willing to admit it.

Don't worry SNES, one day you will have more than enough money to buy every system and every game you could ever want. The problem is that when that happens you will be too busy to enjoy them and will want to spend your time doing better stuff, like changing diapers or cutting off your father in law's fingers!

Bad news.

I heard he broke both wrists signing the contract.

I hate seeing Nintendo scrape by with technology and an online infrastructure that was outdated 10 years ago. Aside from that I don't give a shit who comes out on top

snesfreak

Banned
This is pretty much me. We have 2 360's, 2 PS3's, a Wii, a 3DS, a PSP, and a Vita in our home.
I have my launch GC, the PS2 my friend gave me for my 21st birthday (actually it's the one Sony sent after that one got the DRE), a Wii (second one, thanks a lot asshole landlord), a DSL, a GBASP, and a 3DS.
3DS was the first system I bought at launch since the GC.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
30 minutes?! You buying 'em dinner first?

I like to take my time okay. Romance em first before just jabbing it in there.

Left eye is easy.

Right eye can go screw.

Haha I'm the exact same way. I can get my left contact in usually in a few seconds. Right eye it just won't stick for some reason.

It still takes you a few minutes nearly 6 months later? It takes me all of 10 seconds (or less) to get both in. Granted, I've been wearing contacts for about 8 years now :jnc

Yeah as said above it's mostly on one eye though. But I also don't wear my contacts every day. I can go weeks without even putting them in. That might change once the summer comes, need to be stylin' out there in some shades.

Slo

I really enjoyed the Madden league while I was in it, except it was next to impossible to schedule games college kids with no responsibilities. No, I'm sorry. I can't play tonight at 2:00 AM CST.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I remember buying it.

And then taking it back later that day.

2-person league? I'm in.

Wondering if I should have done that with Vita...

Though, finally played my Wii for large periods of time. First time in years. First, with Skyward Sword (didn't pick it up till early March) and Xenoblade (the game literally won't end)

So hey, took the wii's whole life, but 2 games! That's more than 1!

bionic77

Madden has been good since madden 10. Not great, but good
Incorrect.

Madden is a pretty shit game. It is fun in multi, but pretty much any game can be fun in multiplayer. It is better than videogame basketball games, but that isn't saying much.

I much rather prefer to play soccer videogames to Madden these days, even though I like football more as a sport.

The last sports games I really loved were Winnning Eleven games on the PS2 and NBA2K on DC. I liked Madden a lot on Xbox and PS2, but not to the level of those games. Hopefully we can get a game worthy of the game next gen.

Who am I kidding? Everything is going to be just a shitty next gen with some new gimmick like injury incentives. Actually that sounds pretty fun, maybe the saints were on to something!

bionic77

PLAY WITH MEEEEE!
I am out of practice, but if the kids ever grow up and I get some spare time I will play you in FIFA on PS3 (hopefully that is your system of choice, I don't have an Xbox).

I played some FIFA at a friends house last winter and I need to work on my dribbling and especially on my finishing. Finishing was always the first thing to go in WE games and now in FIFA ever since EA is making a better WE game than Konami.

Remember the old days of shit FIFA on PS2 and Xbox when you could score like 20 goals in a match and everything was too obviously scripted?

Greg

Wondering if I should have done that with Vita...

Though, finally played my Wii for large periods of time. First time in years. First, with Skyward Sword (didn't pick it up till early March) and Xenoblade (the game literally won't end)

So hey, took the wii's whole life, but 2 games! That's more than 1!
I finally decided to buy Hot Shots, and I can't connect to the store to download it.

I hate this gen.

Top Bottom