• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

No boobs, gambling, or alcohol?

Over half of it was spend waiting for the Groom’s father to get the fuck on so we could go to the strip club.

Then the one we went to was a complete dive. 3 songs go by, no dancers, then a stripper comes up to the groom, talks to him, then comes to us for 20 dollars a head. We pay her 80 dollars then she and the groom leave and then come back 20 seconds later and he sits down.

I ask him what happened and he said “nothing” so I called the stripper back and told him he’s gonna get our 80 dollars out of her because seriously what the fuck.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just play it on the same tv you played your n64 on.

haha, true true.

Though, it's strange, image quality of a PS2 game, but the scope and design of the maps is superb.

I want to try it out on this Dolphin/PC thing, but I'm too lazy to go about doing it.

I am out of practice, but if the kids ever grow up and I get some spare time I will play you in FIFA on PS3 (hopefully that is your system of choice, I don't have an Xbox).

I played some FIFA at a friends house last winter and I need to work on my dribbling and especially on my finishing. Finishing was always the first thing to go in WE games and now in FIFA ever since EA is making a better WE game than Konami.

Remember the old days of shit FIFA on PS2 and Xbox when you could score like 20 goals in a match and everything was too obviously scripted?

I usually play it on the Xbox, but my little brother has it on PS3 so I can borrow his copy.

I love FIFA 12, it's the best ever with the whole new way of defending, everything about it is worked out to the finest details.

I remember Fifa 2005 on the PS2, where you could just walk towards the goal right after kickoff and score within a minute, they have really grown a lot.

Over half of it was spend waiting for the Groom’s father to get the fuck on so we could go to the strip club.

Then the one we went to was a complete dive. 3 songs go by, no dancers, then a stripper comes up to the groom, talks to him, then comes to us for 20 dollars a head. We pay her 80 dollars then she and the groom leave and then come back 20 seconds later and he sits down.

I ask him what happened and he said “nothing” so I called the stripper back and told him he’s gonna get our 80 dollars out of her because seriously what the fuck.

In my best Jeff Godlblum voice, "Um, hello, you do eventually plan on having strippers in your strip club, right?"

There is hope for your musical tastes yet.

chImn.gif

She is my queen

bionic77

I usually play it on the Xbox, but my little brother has it on PS3 so I can borrow his copy.

I love FIFA 12, it's the best ever with the whole new way of defending, everything about it is worked out to the finest details.

I remember Fifa 2005 on the PS2, where you could just walk towards the goal right after kickoff and score within a minute, they have really grown a lot.
FIFA in the PS2 era was trash. Glad EA caught up to Konami this gen. Competition is a great thing. Too bad there is none for Madden. I bet EA could do something great with the franchise if they were properly motivated.

Am I the only one that misses playing these games with someone next to you? Most of you whippersnappers seem to favor everything online, but I always thought it was way more fun to play in the same room. That was one of the best things about going to school. In addition to girls being everywhere and easy to ask out, you could always find some friends to play a game or watch a movie with.

LJ11

You always post the best articles. Much appreciated. I like having this sort of perspective and the film clips are great too

I need to organize my RSS feed and use twitter more efficiently, rarely use either. Just discovered Lists on twitter, lol. If I can organize this stuff better I may be able to keep up with the good stuff.

Wow, didn't realize Bobbie Massie's already on his way to the NFL.

Last I remember, he was punking out Alabama on National Signing Day, on his way to irrelevancy @ Ole Miss.

I wonder what Nutt thinks of him. Before the '08 draft the NYT ran a lengthy story on Oher. Nutt was in the piece, he essentially called him soft, you have to stay on him constantly. Didn't come out and say it like that but anyone with some sense could read between the lines. If Nutt is calling you soft, lol.

FIFA in the PS2 era was trash. Glad EA caught up to Konami this gen. Competition is a great thing. Too bad there is none for Madden. I bet EA could do something great with the franchise if they were properly motivated.

Am I the only one that misses playing these games with someone next to you? Most of you whippersnappers seem to favor everything online, but I always thought it was way more fun to play in the same room. That was one of the best things about going to school. In addition to girls being everywhere and easy to ask out, you could always find some friends to play a game or watch a movie with.

To me, online gaming is one of the most overrated features of the current gen. And why, because of people! Yeah, there's some good things about it, but all the idiots kill it for me. When I first log on in a game, I look for the mute because I don't want to hear stupid conversations, kids crying, dogs barking, idiots cursing and talking shit. And then the games are loaded with about 80% of quitters. Not to mention the guys with lousy connections that bring down a whole room. I have more fun with the games that just track and update scores or times online where you don't actually play at the same time.

And yes, those late night college battles of NHL or Madden on the Genesis were the best.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I need to organize my RSS feed and use twitter more efficiently, rarely use either. Just discovered Lists on twitter, lol. If I can organize this stuff better I may be able to keep up with the good stuff.

I wonder what Nutt thinks of him. Before the '08 draft the NYT ran a lengthy story on Oher. Nutt was in the piece, he essentially called him soft, you have to stay on him constantly. Didn't come out and say it like that but anyone with some sense could read between the lines. If Nutt is calling you soft, lol.

Well, Zierlein didn't depart from that same analysis.
Right off the bat, I'm not sure about his functional strength

cdyhybrid

I think I'm gonna end up getting NCAA over Madden this year, although I am more of a college fan. Haven't gotten Madden in a while...

Also, people around here need to stop talking about moving Kam Chancellor to LB. He's a God damn Pro Bowl safety. Stop. Him and Thomas are arguably the best safety tandem in the league.

bionic77

To me, online gaming is one of the most overrated features of the current gen. And why, because of people! Yeah, there's some good things about it, but all the idiots kill it for me. When I first log on in a game, I look for the mute because I don't want to hear stupid conversations, kids crying, dogs barking, idiots cursing and talking shit. And then the games are loaded with about 80% of quitters. Not to mention the guys with lousy connections that bring down a whole room. I have more fun with the games that just track and update scores or times online where you don't actually play at the same time.

And yes, those late night college battles of NHL or Madden on the Genesis were the best.
Don't forget Mariokart! Warcraft2 and some PC games were pretty fun on LAN as well (and in college we played them in the same room).

Seriously though, those games were so fun in the 90s when you got your bros together to play in a dorm room. The other popular game were the wrestling games but I was never into then.

So, I watched the video of the first 3 tackles and have a few thoughts:

Kalil
Ok, I had to watch this twice because i didn't like what I saw the first time, but I was wrong. I can see he is clearly the best tackle of the 3 and the best pass blocker. Has really long arms and used them well. Not the best run blocker, but as I said before, he uses the long arms to help seal off the gap when he isn't fast enough. Some team will have a franchise player

Reiff
I really like him. He is the best run blocker of the 3 without a doubt. He explodes off the line, seals off the d-linemen and makes his way to the 2nd level frequently. He cleared out defenders with ease and could ut muscle and out technique the defenders at both levels. His pass blocking, though, is rough. He looked like he was constantly being beat and outplayed and looked like he would give up at times. Could be trouble in the NFL if he doesn't improve his pass block technique. Like Zierlein said, he might be a RT guy like Bualaga was a few years ago when he went to GB.

Martin

I like Martin alot, and maybe thats just my bias because he is a potential to fall to the Lions. Really good pass blocking. Never seemed outmatched and dealt with speed rushes, blitz, and bull rushes all well. His run blocking was very unpolished, though. While he didn't seem to look lost, he did barely enough to make some running room, and alot of that can probably be credited to the Stanford offense. Should probably focus on some strengthening in the offseason because he seemed to be overpowered at times in running plays too. There is always the possibility that Martin looked good because of the level of talent he had next to him on the line. I think he will be a great tackle in the league and be a source of comfort for some team for 10+ years.

I am no expert and am probably full of shit with all of this. I just thought I would give my tid bit because it seemed fun and I love offensive line play. I'll watch the other film from the other players, but probably keep my thoughts to myself unless I see something astounding. And also keep in mind, I only watched one game of film that was provided.

Don't forget Mariokart! Warcraft2 and some PC games were pretty fun on LAN as well (and in college we played them in the same room).

Seriously though, those games were so fun in the 90s when you got your bros together to play in a dorm room. The other popular game were the wrestling games but I was never into then.

I didn't get my first PC until I graduated college and got working. There was only a couple of guys who had PCs on my floor so we didn't game much on that. I remember one guy tried to get everyone on board with some legends of baseball game tournament or something but nobody cared. I played one game and it sucked ass. The other console games we played were NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat. We also had one weekend of Super Tecmo Bowl madness! We even had a little bit of PS1 gaming, Need for Speed, Gameday and NHL Faceoff if I remember correctly, but that was mostly my roomie and I as we were the early PS1 adopters while most everybody else was still doing SNES/Genesis.

LJ11

So, I watched the video of the first 3 tackles and have a few thoughts:

Kalil
Ok, I had to watch this twice because i didn't like what I saw the first time, but I was wrong. I can see he is clearly the best tackle of the 3 and the best pass blocker. Has really long arms and used them well. Not the best run blocker, but as I said before, he uses the long arms to help seal off the gap when he isn't fast enough. Some team will have a franchise player

Reiff
I really like him. He is the best run blocker of the 3 without a doubt. He explodes off the line, seals off the d-linemen and makes his way to the 2nd level frequently. He cleared out defenders with ease and could ut muscle and out technique the defenders at both levels. His pass blocking, though, is rough. He looked like he was constantly being beat and outplayed and looked like he would give up at times. Could be trouble in the NFL if he doesn't improve his pass block technique. Like Zierlein said, he might be a RT guy like Bualaga was a few years ago when he went to GB.

Martin

I like Martin alot, and maybe thats just my bias because he is a potential to fall to the Lions. Really good pass blocking. Never seemed outmatched and dealt with speed rushes, blitz, and bull rushes all well. His run blocking was very unpolished, though. While he didn't seem to look lost, he did barely enough to make some running room, and alot of that can probably be credited to the Stanford offense. Should probably focus on some strengthening in the offseason because he seemed to be overpowered at times in running plays too. There is always the possibility that Martin looked good because of the level of talent he had next to him on the line. I think he will be a great tackle in the league and be a source of comfort for some team for 10+ years.

I am no expert and am probably full of shit with all of this. I just thought I would give my tid bit because it seemed fun and I love offensive line play. I'll watch the other film from the other players, but probably keep my thoughts to myself unless I see something astounding. And also keep in mind, I only watched one game of film that was provided.

It's always good to read what others think. Thought about posting clips of players, full game cuts but with one view only, and have everyone post thoughts on what they saw but decided against it. Not sure how many would contribute, I'm also lazy.

Edit. Martin had trouble with Perry, but that entire USC front gave Stanford problems, specifically in the first half. Things settled down in the second and the game opened up.

open the season in the human landfill they call lambeau? that's fine with me! the nfc championship game that SHOULD have happened but the packers are fucking sorry

Yeah right, Clay Matthews is going to take all his roids before the game and play TE and stiff arm Patrick Willis so hard he punches his head clean off, Voorhees style.

JuliusvsJasonVoorhees.jpg

Yeah right, Clay Matthews is going to take all his roids before the game and play TE and stiff arm Patrick Willis so hard he punches his head clean off, Voorhees style.

JuliusvsJasonVoorhees.jpg

bro sf is a linebacker factory. pwill might be the biggest of your problems, but he's not the last of them!

AhmadBrooks.jpg

guess someone put a bounty on violating drews mouf!

bionic77

I didn't get my first PC until I graduated college and got working. There was only a couple of guys who had PCs on my floor so we didn't game much on that. I remember one guy tried to get everyone on board with some legends of baseball game tournament or something but nobody cared. I played one game and it sucked ass. The other console games we played were NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat. We also had one weekend of Super Tecmo Bowl madness! We even had a little bit of PS1 gaming, Need for Speed, Gameday and NHL Faceoff if I remember correctly, but that was mostly my roomie and I as we were the early PS1 adopters while most everybody else was still doing SNES/Genesis.
When I was in school it was the end of 16 bit and the start of 32. We pretty used the 64 for a few 4 player games and the PSX was for sports games (and for myself RPGs).

Still maintain that playing together >>>>>>> online.

Can't wait to see your roidmonkey LBs try to cover 4 wide every play.

Grab your ankles, buddy.

there is nothing to fear about your offense. run all the 4 wide you want.... good luck to your shitty offensive line dealing with justin smith, ray mcdonald, aldon smith, ahmad brooks, pwill and bowman. not happening bro! the only shot the packers have at winning the game is if they get 4 or 5 turnovers against us, and alex smith is too good at not turning the ball over.

49ers - 77
Packers - 3

Top Bottom