• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

tmdorsey

Bah. No season seats available in the row I was looking for.
LLShC.gif

Oh well, my current seats are good enough.

Some odds for players to win the Madden cover:

Cam Newton 2/3
Calvin Johnson 7/2
Aaron Rodgers 11/2
Rob Gronkowski 7/1
Drew Brees 18/1
Victor Cruz 10/1
Darrelle Revis 40/1

bionic77

NFL.com's "Greatest Team of All Time" bracket has reached their final four.

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?round=5

Surprised the 2000 Ravens made it this far. Gonna be 84 49ers vs 85 Bears at the end I'm guessing.
What a joke.

That 00 Ravens team is not one of the best 4 of all time. At one point I think they went like 7 or 8 games in a row without scoring a TD (and won most of them).

You can argue greatest defense but not greatest team.

Fox318

Looks like they lost in the first round to the 98 Broncos.

Did they have to put the Jets up against that team??????????????????? :(

Some odds for players to win the Madden cover:

Cam Newton 2/3
Calvin Johnson 7/2
Aaron Rodgers 11/2
Rob Gronkowski 7/1
Drew Brees 18/1
Victor Cruz 10/1
Darrelle Revis 40/1

Lets predict Curses.

Cam Newton 2/3 - Leaves the NFL after injury to run Acer.
Calvin Johnson 7/2 - Stuck in Detroit
Aaron Rodgers 11/2 - Punches Cancer patient in the face
Rob Gronkowski 7/1 - Patriots SpyGate 2.0 Team is contracted from the NFL.
Drew Brees 18/1 - Info comes out that Drew was the Whistle blower. Hailed as a hero everywhere except for idiots and Saints fans.
Victor Cruz 10/1 - Injures himself on Dancing with the Stars.
Darrelle Revis 40/1 - Only Wins 7 Super Bowls in his time with the Jets not 10089. :(

bionic77 said:
Where is Tammy?
Even worse odds than Revis. He doesn't even make the list.;)

Arian Foster 18/1
Ray Rice 18/1
LeSean McCoy 25/1
Patrick Willis 25/1
Maurice Jones-Drew 25/1
Marshawn Lynch 25/1
Jared Allen 40/1
Antonio Gates 40/1
Larry Fitzgerald 40/1

07 Patriots would beaten the 98 Broncos

TD would've had so much fun against that run D.

It's really not an argument when you bring the '72 fins in. The no-name defense + going undefeated despite losing your starting QB to injury, how does anything compare in terms of the greatest team. Not to mention the year before and after that the fins were also in the Superbowl.

eznark

Banned
TD would've had so much fun against that run D.

It's really not an argument when you bring the '72 fins in. The no-name defense + going undefeated despite losing your starting QB to injury, how does anything compare in terms of the greatest team. Not to mention the year before and after that the fins were also in the Superbowl.

Speaks more to how shitty the league was at the time.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
league must have been real shitty in the 90s if Aikman was even worse than Romo...

effzee

Sucks that all they can get for him is a 3rd round pick. The guy can still play. Yeah he can't tackle and he likes to gamble but he does put fear in the QBs. He does make big plays. The problem wasn't that his play dropped off, the problem was they jammed the starting CB position had to rotate DRC in and out or play him at the slot. DRC never looked comfortable or good for that matter. Only in the last few games when he was put in as a starter after Asante got hurt, did DRC look like the player we were expecting.

So now they have to trade Asante simply because he is the oldest of the three, but not because he is the worst of the three. DRC also likes to run away from contact. Still I was hoping for a 2nd round draft pick.

Fox318

Fuck that, I don't give a shit who does it. The country needs an ESPN competitor.
Because competition fixed 24hour news networks.
Sports leagues having their own channels solved the ESPN problem.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/revis-says-jets-locker-room-is-in-disarray/

This season needs to hurry up and start, I think my major problem with Ryan is how much he allows his players to talk. I get it the locker room doesn't know what to think right now with Tebow coming in but for fucks sake Ryan needs to be a boss and tell people to shut up.

He didin't say anything that crazy in the ESPN article. PFT is just trying to make a story out of it.

Top Bottom