• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Gruden at the KISS show

kiss_family_guy_crowd_a_l.jpg

Afrikan

Most likely defenseless receiver...

earlier this week Ronnie Lott narrated a video of highlights of big hits that were legal to every team....to let them know that they are not trying to pussify the league...that its possible to play hard defense.

I'm sure he used various hits by Goldson...almost ALL of his big hits are legal...actually I can't remember a true one where he got called for one.

Godslay

Banned
earlier this week Ronnie Lott narroated a video of highlights of big hits that were legal to every team....to let them know that they are not trying to pussify the league...that its possible to play hard defense.

I'm sure he used various hits by Goldson...almost ALL of his big hits are legal...actually I can't remember a true one where he got called for one.

That hit is a clearly a hit on a defenseless receiver in my opinion. Falls under this in the rulebook:

A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

eznark

Banned
How is that a fine? Wasn't helmet to helmet(which IMO should be legal as well) and he leaned in first with shoulder pads.

Perry didn't helmet to helmet Luck and obviously the QB in the pocket isn't "defenseless" and he got $15k. To me that's the bar. You hit a guy hard and you get to give Roger $15,000. Unless that guy is Pouts.

Wrayfield

That hit is a clearly a hit on a defenseless receiver in my opinion. Falls under this in the rulebook:

A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

Sorry, man. Totally disagree. If anything, Skelton threw to high to most receivers, hit was clean. In my opinion, anyway.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
sports center covering the hurricane just proves how much east coast bias there is.

before katrina no one gave a shit, before during and after Ike no one gave a shit.

no offense to anyone in the path of the storm, hope all goes as well as possible.

Just think if the Niners win the bowl and the Lakers win the chip all four of the big North American Champs will be in Cali.

You just lumped socal and norcal. You do know they don't give any fucks about each other right?

If your scenario happens it would be two for norcal and two for socal which equals a big dick measuring contest between them.

No one wants that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You just lumped socal and norcal. You do know they don't give any fucks about each other right?

If your scenario happens it would be two for norcal and two for socal which equals a big dick measuring contest between them.

No one wants that.

Correct. So Niners should win, Sharks should finally win the Cup if they ever get a season going, and the Warriors or Kings somehow make the playoffs and knock out the Lakers would be close enough to a NBA title.

No one wants that.

But there's Dodger/Laker fans in L.A. that love the 49er's...

Weird.

Top Bottom