• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rumor is that Renney wont be resigned as the Oilers coach and the assistant Ralph Kreuger to take over.

Good choice by Edmonton, I always thought Renney was a crappy coach, always overplayed his crappy veterans instead of the young guns and is a crappy motivator, just from watching the Oil Change series you could see that the players respond to Kreuger more than Renney.

Cake Boss

Banned
We need to draft a D-man to replace Rundblad.

Will only be table scraps left when it's our turn though.

Cody Ceci is our man, would need to move up though.

Wouldnt be surprised if they took the swedish kid Colldberg, plays like Karlsson, looks like Karlsson and I think they are from the same Swedish team, but is a forward.

Being whiny about my fucking favorite player being potentially concussed for a long time by a SCUMBAG? This is the same shit as Matt Cooke. Would you put images of salt after the Savard hit?

EDIT - I don't know why Toews is out but if you said the guy who took him out was a scumbag, I would agree, not post an image of salt. WTF man.

Ok, I just saw this. Good laugh. Just wanted to make sure it got the attention it deserves.

Does anyone have a video of the Sedin hit that this was supposedly retaliation for? My searches are only bringing up the Keith hit.

It's not a good hit by Sedin by any means. But there's no equivalency between it and what Keith pulled in retaliation. It's one of the most stupidly obvious attempts to injure I've seen this year.

It's not a good hit by Sedin by any means. But there's no equivalency between it and what Keith pulled in retaliation. It's one of the most stupidly obvious attempts to injure I've seen this year.

No way. Doan hit was worse, easily. Keith deserves a suspension, but it was no worse than Doan.

Watched the Sedin hit. Not bad. Not suspension worthy. Not by a long shot. His elbow's contact is with the logo.

Montresor

Keith should sit for 3 games because his hit was a premeditated attempt to injure another player.

What kind of discipline should Sedin and Burrows face?

Marvie_3

Banned
Y'know what? I really hope that becomes a thing. Two more teams in viable hockey markets would really be something.

I'm guessing Seattle and another Canadian team. Ontario or Saskatchewan even. Canadian teams are absolute money in the bank and fantastic additions to Canadian culture. Ultimately I'd like to see hockey spread more to a US market so that it becomes even MORE appealing to overseas markets as the US cultural influences spread, such as Australia (yeah, I know, really loose and silly reason to want a US expansion).
Saskatchewan doesn't have the foundation for an NHL team. It'll be decades before Regina or Saskatoon are big enough for a team.

Keith deserves 10+ games honestly.

I think he'll probably get 5 games though.
He'll get 3 tops.
No way. Doan hit was worse, easily. Keith deserves a suspension, but it was no worse than Doan.

Watched the Sedin hit. Not bad. Not suspension worthy. Not by a long shot. His elbow's contact is with the logo.
Now watch the shoulder. Pretty obvious headshot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Rumor is that Renney wont be resigned as the Oilers coach and the assistant Ralph Kreuger to take over.

Good choice by Edmonton, I always thought Renney was a crappy coach, always overplayed his crappy veterans instead of the young guns and is a crappy motivator, just from watching the Oil Change series you could see that the players respond to Kreuger more than Renney.

I know Krueger from his coaching of the Swiss National team, and he's very well liked and respected by the team and media and has put up great results (beating Canada at the World Championship is just one I remember, but also routinely getting us into the top8), so Edmonton should totally get him as Head Coach, would be a good choice IMHO.

Fixed1979

The realignment plan was already factoring in Phoenix moving. There were 16 teams in the 2 westernmost conferences and only 14 in the eastern ones. There would be almost no work moving Phoenix to the "east"

I know the fucking rule, Mike. Sedin targets the head when he lifts his shoulder into it. It's different from any of those hits.

Knowing and understanding are two different things apparently.

Now watch the shoulder. Pretty obvious headshot.

Alright you're obviously trolling.

This is insane. If the Doan hit got 3 the Keith hit deserves 2. He'll get three and it will be a fine punishment.

Keith will probably get 3 games and based on the fact that it's going to be a phone call and not a face to face meeting 5 will be the max.

Personally I think he should be gone for a long time, but that's only because suspensions in general have been way way too short in my opinion. 3-5 games is somewhat insignificant, especially at this time of the year when the Hawks are pretty safe and Keith being forced to rest for the playoffs is not going to do irreversible harm. If Shanahan actually wanted to make a statement all of these headshot suspensions should be 10+ games, unfortunately it's far too late to make such a sudden change in the way these suspensions are handed out.

Smiley90

:lol :lol I love you Rollie but it's time to retire old man.

"#canucks Daniel Sedin have a concussion and should be out for a minimum of two weeks."

GO TABRIS GO

Do you remember your reaction to the Chara-Pac-hit? (I don't, honestly asking)

Revenant

So that Hawks Nucks game was pretty jaw dropping eh guys?

(Still think it'll be around 2-3 games for the suspsension as it would be really odd to only give Doan 3 and then completely go a different direction on a similar play.)

Wonder if the Nucks will come out motivated tonight..

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That's a dirty hit. He lifts his shoulder into Keith's head.

Keith himself didn't think it was dirty. comeonson.gif

He'll get three games, max. No real track record with this type of cheap shot behaviour, I'd be very surprised if he received more. Frankly, doing it on the same day Shanaban whacked Doan was eight shades of stupid in and of itself.

Cake Boss

Banned
So Sedin is out for a minimum of 2 weeks. Has a concussion.

This is why you dont trade away your 22 year old top 6 forward for a guy that has barely any NHL games and an upside of a 3rd liner.

Lothars

Keith himself didn't think it was dirty. comeonson.gif

He'll get three games, max. No real track record with this type of cheap shot behaviour, I'd be very surprised if he received more. Frankly, doing it on the same day Shanaban whacked Doan was eight shades of stupid in and of itself.
Agreed, I don't think it was dirty but he will recieve three games at the max, I don't see anything more than that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Do you remember your reaction to the Chara-Pac-hit? (I don't, honestly asking)
I wasn't here for that and it's probably a good thing....I understand why you are asking but I don't think its appropriate to compare them. Kieth should get a suspension, it was dirty, and everyone here has agreed with that. So when Tabris comes in and says shit like he should get 8 games or it's "a travesty" is being retarded and not thinking about it.

Fixed1979

So that Hawks Nucks game was pretty jaw dropping eh guys?

(Still think it'll be around 2-3 games for the suspsension as it would be really odd to only give Doan 3 and then completely go a different direction on a similar play.)

Wonder if the Nucks will come out motivated tonight..

Tonight should be interesting. I'm sure the boys will be pissed off but also playing back to back nights Chicago and Dallas is not an easy task.

This is why you dont trade away your 22 year old top 6 forward for a guy that has barely any NHL games and an upside of a 3rd liner.

Source?

Hodgson's a center.

edit: And as big as a fan I was of him, he wouldn't accomplish much with second line minutes with Mason Raymond and David Booth this season.

Revenant

Smiley90

I wasn't here for that and it's probably a good thing....I understand why you are asking but I don't think its appropriate to compare them. Kieth should get a suspension, it was dirty, and everyone here has agreed with that. So when Tabris comes in and says shit like he should get 8 games or it's "a travesty" is being retarded and not thinking about it.

My point is though, if the star player on your team (and not even sure Pac has that status) gets concussioned with a dirty elbow to the head from one of your biggest rivals, how would YOU react? I'd cut Tabris some slack here.

Also, Hodgson couldn't have filled the void Daniel leaves, quite the opposite actually, having an extra winger in Kassian BETTER allows us to fill that void. Hodgson wasn't a top6 forward for us, he was 3rd center at best.

Cake Boss

Banned
Tonight should be interesting. I'm sure the boys will be pissed off but also playing back to back nights Chicago and Dallas is not an easy task.

Source?

#canucks Daniel Sedin have a concussion and should be out for a minimum of two weeks. -- Renaud P Lavoie (@renhockey)

I am on my phone so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom