• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Quick

Banned
ibkIhIrQsKGJiT.png

Montresor

Colborne traded to Calgary for a 4th rounder in 2014. Nice. He was NOT going to make the Leafs and he would have to go through waivers if sent to the Marlies - meaning we would have lost him for nothing if someone claimed him.

It's disappointing to see him play so poorly but I'm glad Nonis got something for him.

What this means is that either Leivo or Ashton will make the Leafs on opening night. Are there any other young forwards who weren't cut that might have a chance?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Colborne traded to Calgary for a 4th rounder in 2014. Nice. He was NOT going to make the Leafs and he would have to go through waivers if sent to the Marlies - meaning we would have lost him for nothing if someone claimed him.

It's disappointing to see him play so poorly but I'm glad Nonis got something for him.

Can we get something for liles?

I will accept a bag of pucks!

Even just a puck!

Or even a bag!

TUSR

Banned
we done with the old thread

edit: Im tired of taking the bus, looking at getting a new car under 20k so I can just buy it out.

Any suggestions? Im leaning towards a Civic Coupe or a Focus Hatch

Avs won their final pre-season game vs the Kings, was a nice comeback win as we were down 2-0 and scored three unanswered, the last two being Landeskog. Now we have the regular season, still a lot of concerns the defense obviously and our ability to score goals.

Razorskin

----- ------
Oh shit, there are conditions! And they're fucking hilarious

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
More detail MT @SUNGilbertson conditional 4th-rounder for Colborne. Becomes 3rd if he gets 10 G or 35 P this season and Flames make playoffs

Well there's no way in hell they're getting a 3rd.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You might've well just called it Smelly.

I find the OP too... colourful.

More detail MT @SUNGilbertson conditional 4th-rounder for Colborne. Becomes 3rd if he gets 10 G or 35 P this season and Flames make playoffs

bwaahahahahahahahaha.

no seriously.

bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Smiley90

#TRADEALERT

Canucks trade Kellan Tochkin and a 4th to the Canes for Zac Dalpe and Jeremy Welsh.

... who are any of those players?

jaybeeze

#TRADEALERT

Canucks trade Kellan Tochkin and a 4th to the Canes for Zac Dalpe and Jeremy Welsh.

... who are any of those players?

why

Edit: Apparently Dalpe is a pretty decent prospect, scored 62 goals over 3 AHL seasons and 10 points in 48 NHL games...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

LOLOLOLOLOL

So in other words, there are no real conditions.

Lots of people bashing this trade as it's a 1st round player for a 4th round pick. We were going to send this guy down anyways; whether anybody picked him up on waivers was anybody's guess. I still don't like our cap situation, but maybe we can somehow get rid of Liles too?

Spl1nter

Colborne was the biggest disappointment of the pre-season. He simply doesn't have quite something to be able to make the jump from ahl to nhl. Personally I think the game is to fast for him to deal with. Probably rip it up on bigger ice.

we done with the old thread

edit: Im tired of taking the bus, looking at getting a new car under 20k so I can just buy it out.

Any suggestions? Im leaning towards a Civic Coupe or a Focus Hatch

New mazda 3 is by far the best imo. Focus is probably second.

Predictions!

*goes to check who is in what division*

Northbeat + Southleast

Boston
Ottawa
Detroit
Toronto
Montreal
Tampa
Florida
Buffalo

Neopolitan

Pittsburgh
New York Rangers
Washington
New York Islanders
Columbus
Philly
New Jersey
Carolina

The middle

St Louis
Chicago
Dallas
Minnesota
Winnipeg
Nashville
Colorado

West siiiiiide

Vancouver
San Jose
LA
Anaheim
Edmonton
Phoenix...........holy shit there is still a team in Phoenix
Calgary

CCF23

Your tag will forever confuse me.

I have no answers for you. I assume it came during one of my many attempts to make Tabris see reason.

New Arcade Fire tracks are straight up amazing. Plus their special is the most surreal thing any major network will air this year.

Man, I want to like Arcade Fire. I've given The Suburbs multiple chances and just end up bored every time.

Predictions said:
Boston
Toronto
Ottawa
Montreal
Detroit
Buffalo
Tampa
Florida

---

Pittsburgh
New York Rangers
Washington
Columbus
Carolina
New Jersey
New York Islanders
Philly

--

Chicago
St Louis
Minnesota
Dallas
Nashville
Colorado
Winnipeg

---

LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Vancouver
Seattle
Edmonton
Calgary

Smiley90

Toronto as Nr.2? Are you insane?

Boston
Ottawa
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
Tampa
Florida
Buffalo

---

Pittsburgh
New York Rangers