• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Socreges

Banned
If there is a Habs fan among us who doesn't think Bergevin has done a poor job as GM, please speak now.

It's been over 5 years. I feel like some people want to permanently defer judgment until a Cup is won...or once he's fired, whichever comes first.

Habs still gonna make the playoffs

PillarEN

Well I did my citizen duty of voting today. The Czech Republic has its parliament voting today (yesterday too). I'm one of those who keeps their vote to themselves. However, it's sad that aside from the likely winner which is led by an asshat the likely third place finish will go to a party that plays up fear mongering of immigrants. To top it off the leader is a fucking full (or maybe half) Japanese man. An immigrant himself. As a total and proper weeb this saddens me. As a person who has been a long time immigrant many times and lived in multiple countries both homogenous and diverse and is a pretty decent person (or so I think), I'm pretty bummed out. I'm not surprised after Brexit and Trump. This isn't an isolated situation in some countries. It's worldwide. Luckily it isn't going to be that effective in the CR due to how politics work here and that this party isn't #1.
I don't know man. There's that famous quote about not learning from history will only lead to repeating the same mistakes. But stuff like scapegoating and hating others, an us vs them mentality... like you would think there would be a greater shift since WW2, but not really. People forget or don't care and revert. It's really an ignoring of history. It happens constantly. Whew, whatever.

Wings getting a point against Washington is a positive.

Pikma

Banned
giphy.gif
HOOOOOOOOLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUUCKIIIIIING FUUUUUUUUUCK

YOU'RE BAAAACK!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for Price :(

me too man.. he makes 10x more in 60 minutes than i make in a year, apparently. must be a hard existence.

i probably work harder too (talk to me when Mr Price does a 17 hour practice run), AND with a slipped disc. he seems pampered, to me, when comparing to me.

so it's me >>>>>> Carey Price
by a long shot

Montresor

Does the concept of a teams shooting percentage escape you? Do you actually understand how abnormal and impossible the teams shooting percentage is? If they can continue to out shoot teams like this, they scoring will come. Bryon will not be the teams leading scorer at the end of the season and Patches will not have 6 goals in May. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp. The team was always going to be a low scoring team but there's a massive difference in low scoring, and a 3% shooting percentage.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF
WATCHING
THE
GAME
INSTEAD
OF
WATCHING
YOUR
FUCKING
STATS
WEBSITE

My goodness the Habs-gaf Civil War has started.

Solo

Top 10 reasons the Habs are fucked:

1. 5 years in and still no 1C.
2. 5 years in and no 1D (although we traded one during that time).
3. 5 years in and a prospect pool as deep as a thimble.
4. 5 years in and still the worst farm system in the league.
5. 5 years in and our player development and coaching has ruined several "can't miss" players.
6. 5 years in and almost every player drafted has been a bust.
7. 5 years in and we've gone from one of the fastest, best teams to one of the slowest, worst teams.
8. 5 years in and our GM is still trying to turn trash into treasure with this acquisitions.
9. 5 years in and we've become a team that values "character" over skill.
10. 5 years in and the master plan of leaning on a goalie with the worst contract in team history to save the day is finally crashing down.

No prospects
No defense
No offense
No hope

Fuck Molson
Fuck Bergevin and all his buddies who have infiltrated every level of the organization due to pure nepotism
Fuck Julien
Fuck Creeper
Fuck Timmons
Fuck Lefebre
Fuck the entire scouting department
Fuck the entire player development department
Fuck the fans for supporting this mess
Fuck the entire organization

Montresor

“Fuck Creeper”

This made me literally laugh out loud in pain - I have tonsillitis right now and it makes laughing hurt :(.

Solo, for point #2 - Weber is a solid #1 d-man.

Solo

He is. But as we all know, Subban is a great skater and moves the puck, which Weber does not. Subban is a 1D built for today's game. Weber is a 1D built for the 1990's game. Which coincidentally is the era that Marc Bergevin thinks it still is based on his approach to building a team.

:(

10. 5 years in and the master plan of leaning on a goalie with the worst contract in team history to save the day is finally crashing down.

I could drink to that

Is Price OverPaid? Yes I think so, but unless the habs are spending to the ceiling its a moo point. His contract will get less worst as the ceiling gets increased every year.

Anyways, did you get any sleep solo?

Abylim

Is Price OverPaid? Yes I think so, but unless the habs are spending to the ceiling its a moo point. His contract will get less worst as the ceiling gets increased every year.

Anyways, did you get any sleep solo?

Yeah I think they had to give Price what he got. He earned it and he would have got it elsewhere

Solo

Oh, and can we also mention that the Habs have $8.5M just sitting in the bank? Only 2 teams are spending less than us this year. What a farce.

Yeah I think they had to give Price what he got. He earned it and he would have got it elsewhere

He should be around 38 when the contract is over, 84M for 8 years. Im saying they should have signed him below 10M a year. I do agree with you that he has earned it, he has played great for the habs over the years. Having a bad year start with a new contract is going to get him criticism.

zroid

Banned
it's hard to really say if Price "earned" it because you can only earn a contract when compared to your precedents, and it's an unprecedented goalie contract. he did deserve to get paid but only time will tell what kind of money he was actually worth over the term of this deal

yyzjohn

Banned
I mean 3 points in 8 games (and the lone win against a bad Sabres team) can't continue. The Habs aren't a 31 point team. The problem is, if it takes 95 points to make the playoffs, games are ticking away. Habs would already need to play at a crazy 44-25-5 clip to get to 96. Price could suddenly find his game and Habs reel off a bunch of wins in a row, but how likely is that?

Solo

Our next four games are Florida, LA, Rangers and Senators

Oh boy

Loss, Loss, Win*, Loss

*only because the Rangers suck too, and they've already beat us once, and we typically to well against them at home. 2-9-1 after 12 games. Book it.

BTW including preseason Habs are 3-12-1 so far.

zroid

Banned
💛💓💜💕💞💖💚💝💙💟💞💛💗💓💝💜💖

Signing some overpriced garbage in free agency isnt going to help the Habs though

I think Seabrook will help them

goddamn Matthews is beautiful.. a joy to watch. you guys seen this vid? some hypnotic puck handling and many accurate shots and he makes it seem so easy.

https://youtu.be/UUUJLl-GrMc

probably the next Gretzky/Crosby not just in the making, but already there.. and he's SO young too. i can't get enough!

Loss, Loss, Win*, Loss

*only because the Rangers suck too, and they've already beat us once, and we typically to well against them at home. 2-9-1 after 12 games. Book it.

BTW including preseason Habs are 3-12-1 so far.

I think we can beat the Sens...probably not though

Yawnier

Banned
Any day now Bargainbin will trade Galchenyuk or Lekhonen for Cal Clutterbuck in order to bring in a good locker room guy with veteran leadership

yyzjohn

Banned
yeah, and got just over half of the goals that the best of all time rookie got (Finnish player). pretty good, nothing spectacular but pretty pretty pretty good.

Good point, but if Matthews had gotten to play in the watered down 92-93 season he probably would have scored 80 goals

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any day now Bargainbin will trade Galchenyuk or Lekhonen for Cal Clutterbuck in order to bring in a good locker room guy with veteran leadership
I wonder if he’s desperate enough to do something that drastic if he feels he might be done.

Galchenyuk for proven scorer Rick Nash!

yyzjohn

Banned
I wonder if he’s desperate enough to do something that drastic if he feels he might be done.

Galchenyuk for proven scorer Rick Nash!

If he's allowed to do something he'll try an ill advised panic trade. Habs off until Tuesday so the talking heads in the media will probably ramp up the pressure over the weekend. Could be interesting.

Top 10 reasons the Habs are fucked:

1. 5 years in and still no 1C.
2. 5 years in and no 1D (although we traded one during that time).
3. 5 years in and a prospect pool as deep as a thimble.
4. 5 years in and still the worst farm system in the league.
5. 5 years in and our player development and coaching has ruined several "can't miss" players.
6. 5 years in and almost every player drafted has been a bust.
7. 5 years in and we've gone from one of the fastest, best teams to one of the slowest, worst teams.
8. 5 years in and our GM is still trying to turn trash into treasure with this acquisitions.
9. 5 years in and we've become a team that values "character" over skill.

No prospects
No defense
No offense
No hope

Fuck Molson
Fuck Bergevin and all his buddies who have infiltrated every level of the organization due to pure nepotism
Fuck Julien
Fuck Creeper
Fuck Timmons
Fuck Lefebre
Fuck the entire scouting department
Fuck the entire player development department
Fuck the fans for supporting this mess
Fuck the entire organization

I understand everything you said, but this was uncalled for

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I mean 3 points in 8 games (and the lone win against a bad Sabres team) can't continue. The Habs aren't a 31 point team. The problem is, if it takes 95 points to make the playoffs, games are ticking away. Habs would already need to play at a crazy 44-25-5 clip to get to 96. Price could suddenly find his game and Habs reel off a bunch of wins in a row, but how likely is that?
This. Problem is Molson / Bergevin will never admit this and cave so early in the season. I'd rather tank and get a great pick, then watch them scramble for 9th or 10th.

Top Bottom