• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

imBask

Banned
I don't think they even bothered mentionning it at all even after the facts, I was watching CBC and I just learned about it through that streamable. Kinda pathetic from CBC, but also expected

20171015_094040lwxh9.png

5 games into the year. This is a real problem, BargainBin.

Realistically, what can be done at this point other than firing Bergevin and rebuilding? The way I see it - and I know certain people completely disagree with me - the Habs need a top-to-bottom culture shift.

Or, Price could heat up, cover up all their problems, and everyone will keep pretending everything is ok for one more year.

I don't recall the broadcast talking about the terrible defensive play that Matthews took advantage of moments before Price slips either. Even if Matthews doesn't intercept that 'clearance', there's a Leafs forward right there who would've.

Late edit: Oh, it was Weber? That might be why.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Look at how explosive Matthews’ first step is! It displaced the particulate matter at a quantum level transferring kinetic energy transdimensionally through the ice shattering the subatomic gravitational centripetal force around Price causing him to fall.

Hmm I'd like to hear the other side of this argument before I make a decision.

Moving Giroux to the wing has been working out really well for the top line. Coots is off to his best start. Giroux is looking a lot better than last season and same with Jake.

Laughton is showing how speed kills. Really great game and good to see other people than Simmer score (even though he still nabbed one!)

We look a lot better overall this year than last.

MAYBE you guys shouldn’t have traded Pickard to Toronto, Vegas because Fleury and Marchessault have been placed on IR.

We’re going to see Subban vs the Bruins today.

Solo

Realistically, what can be done at this point other than firing Bergevin and rebuilding? The way I see it - and I know certain people completely disagree with me - the Habs need a top-to-bottom culture shift.

Or, Price could heat up, cover up all their problems, and everyone will keep pretending everything is ok for one more year.

For sure. It's a simple recipe to get back on the right path.

1. Molson fires BargainBin and all his beneficiaries-of-nepotism flunkies he has installed in prominent positions.
2. Molson then fires the entire scouting department.
3. Molson then hires a proper/experienced President and steps the fuck back. The new President hires the new GM and all the other management/player development/scouting positions. He hires the best people available and being francophone or not doesn't factor into any decisions.

Sadly, this is Montreal and it won't happen. Molson isn't actually concerned with trying to win a Cup.

bigJP

1. Molson fires BargainBin and all his beneficiaries-of-nepotism flunkies he has installed in prominent positions.
3. Molson then hires a proper/experienced President and steps the fuck back. The new President hires the new GM and all the other management/player development/scouting positions. He hires the best people available and being francophone or not doesn't factor into any decisions.

Sadly, this is Montreal and it won't happen. Molson isn't actually concerned with trying to win a Cup.
We still have a shit prospect pool and long term contracts to deal with.
Trade Weber while other gms think he is a mountain man and start your rebuild from there. I would even try to trade price

Yawnier

Banned
MAYBE you guys shouldn’t have traded Pickard to Toronto, Vegas because Fleury and Marchessault have been placed on IR.

We’re going to see Subban vs the Bruins today.

They might as well embrace the tank. James Neal is good but he isn't gonna score 2 or 3 goals a game forever

Is Montreal in 2017 the new Toronto in the 70s and 80s?

Solo

Last night AGally was arguably the best Hab....scores a goal finally, then gets only 3 shifts in the third period, 3rd lowest TOI on the team.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED, BASK?

Erdrick

Well, looks like Matthieu Perrault and Dimitry Kulikov are hurt in some capacity. A few years ago, this might have really screwed the Jets, but we've got a lot of depth now so... We're ok. Plus Perrault gets injured a lot so... Not surprising.

Monday will give more details on how they're doing.

I hope the Jets can keep playing decent. Maybe they're finally starting to realize some of the potential they have.

Really though, it has helped that we've had actual respectable goaltending for the past 3 games. That's a main reason, I'd think.

Solo

Oh man, I just had a sobering thought....not only do we have Weber and Price on albatross contracts, but if BargainBin isn't removed soon, the next and worst of all contract will be the $8Mx8 deal he gives to Casperetty :(

Our only hope is that the impending lockout and new CBA brings back a couple of compliance buyouts.

Solo

i'll expand on what I posted on discord

if they fire Bergevin and replace him by Timmins i'll become a free agent

Timmins has to go too. Literally the entire management of the Habs needs to be jettisoned. Again. For the 2nd time in 5 years.

We may be stuck with our players, but we aren't stuck with our clown GM, our clown scouts, our AHL clowns, and our player development clowns. Fire them all.

I think change is coming, guys. Honestly, I went to the game yesterday, and the Toronto fans were way more vocal (and there was a LOT of them) than the Habs ones. There's more and more empty seats at the Bell and fans are incredibly restless, booing at every turn.

If they still have that kind of record in a month, I think it's over for Bergevin. Unfortunately, Molson will just replace him with Roy and keep Timmins et al.

If they replace him with Roy you can expect trades for a bunch of vets with former glory because that's Roy's bag 100%. Really interesting too considering his coaching experience before the NHL. He just doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Solo

2 things that I'm still absolutely gobsmacked about today:

1. Julien had a loser mentality. How on earth do you start a 3 on 3 OT with fucking Byron and Plekanec? I saw a post on HFBoards that was basically saying that Babcock treated the OT as a chance at 2 points while Julien treated it like a 5 minute penalty kill. Sickening.

2. How in the name of all things holy did our GM let us get to October with our best and ONLY puck moving defenceman being a 19 year old rookie? Don't get me wrong, Mete looks legit as fuck, but no 19 year old d-man should have that kind of pressure on him.

Solo

Oh man, Habs next 3 games are the annual California massacre.

By Friday night they'll be 1-6-1. Which for once is actually great, as it means the foxhole is finally getting close to being destroyed for good.

Marvie_3

Banned
i'll expand on what I posted on discord

if they fire Bergevin and replace him by Timmins i'll become a free agent
Scouting report:

Locker room cancer
May or may not be french

I can only infer that it’s intentional sabotage in order to clear the way to move the team with as little friction as possible.

It’s the only logical reason the Coyotes are what they are.
So basically the same thing thats been going on for years.

PillarEN

I can only infer that it’s intentional sabotage in order to clear the way to move the team with as little friction as possible.

It’s the only logical reason the Coyotes are what they are.

How many years are you removed from the playoffs? Panthers missed like 10 years straight. Make it before the decade ends and you're good.

Top Bottom