• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II King's & Prince's Editions revealed (Game will have a season pass)

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the Premium Edition is $79.99. I think I'll be in for that edition. 200 bones is too much for me to want to pay for a single game these days.

Mr Git

Goddamn I'm probably gonna blow a load of money on that King's Edition. Missed the lovely CE for the first game and always regretted it.

Audioboxer

Has anyone had any experience shopping/shipping with them? The site looks slightly shady

They had one bad issue with being hacked that got them banned on GAF (my CC was hit). That was years ago and while their pricing isn't as competitive as it used to be, their delivery service is as good as Amazon Prime but free (for UK buyers anyway).

They've always had a shit-tastic web design though, no idea why it's not been overhauled.

No upfront cost, so it'll be a late Christmas present xD

I have to pre-pay orders with ShopTo as they never seem to accept my cards. The CS team just shrugged it off each time I contacted them, so PayPal is my only option.

Maybe I'll order it through Amazon. If they get any.

prateeko

They had one bad issue with being hacked that got them banned on GAF (my CC was hit). That was years ago and while their pricing isn't as competitive as it used to be, their delivery service is as good as Amazon Prime but free.

They've always had a shit-tastic web design though, no idea why it's not been overhauled.

Shipping as good as prime do you mean speed? I'm more curious about how well they pack stuff since I would be ordering a CE to cross the Atlantic.

And by banned from GAF do you mean auto deleted or a bannable offense to link to them?

"3069: The PaymentSystem is not supported on the account. "

If ShopTo can't verify a Visa/AMEX, what the fuck can they verify with?

Yeah, my Amex didn't go through. You tried VISA also?

Audioboxer

Shipping as good as prime do you mean speed? I'm more curious about how well they pack stuff since I would be ordering a CE to cross the Atlantic.

And by banned from GAF do you mean auto deleted or a bannable offense to link to them?

Speed and packing are great. Funnily enough besides a handful of purchases (due to their less competitive pricing), one of the last things I bought from ShopTo was

3xKQuAh.png

xD

Banned as in it comes up *********** on GAF.

Amazon UK will probably be up eventually, as will Amazon DE/FR/ES etc. Keep an eye on them too.

I've tried everything. Visa. AMEX. MasterCard. Capital One. Why the hell is a site in 2017 using such an antiquated verification method? Ridiculous that you can import from there (but you can't use any payment method from the United States)

LiK

Premium Edition is a way better deal. Get almost everything except the statue and blu-ray behind the scenes for $80. Preordered that from GS.

Meffer

Bandai Namco will use the excellent Digital River like last time's Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition, right?

. . .

EDIT: Good news, apparently BN doesn't use them to process orders off their site anymore.
After the disaster with the CE a few years ago I wouldn't be surprised.

When do you all figure Amazon.co.uk will open pre-orders? Are they as slow as the US site putting up pre-orders? That's my only chance in hell of getting one in the US thanks to all these sites having really odd requirements.

Please keep posting whatever you can find. I've tried ShopTo, GAME.es/GAME.co.uk and that other Spanish retailer. Only thing stopping me from using ShopTo is their stupid verification process.

LiK

Bandai Namco will use the excellent Digital River like last time's Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition, right?

. . .

EDIT: Good news, apparently BN doesn't use them to process orders off their site anymore.

3-4 major publisher stores got rid of DR after a few years of disasters. They all moved to a different company to process orders now. Capcom and SE stores were the other major pubs who ditched them. DR was a fucking mess.

prateeko

When do you all figure Amazon.co.uk will open pre-orders? Are they as slow as the US site putting up pre-orders? That's my only chance in hell of getting one in the US thanks to all these sites having really odd requirements.

Please keep posting whatever you can find. I've tried ShopTo, GAME.es/GAME.co.uk and that other Spanish retailer.
I thought Game ships internationally? UK Site seems to allow it

Audioboxer

£100 for the Prince edition is ridiculously bad value for money. Give it two months and Ni no Kuni 2 and it's season pass will be in a PSN flash sale for £20.

In saying that, Ni No Kuni The Wizards Edition was only £69.72 on ShopTo... £149.86 for the Kings Edition is a bit ridiculous.

*Sigh*.

The Prince edition is GAME exclusive? Fuck off.

Yeah. GAME loves those mid-tier exclusive premium editions. They were the only way to get a just-the-steelbook version of Nier: Automata and I had to wait around 5 weeks to get my copy to the US with no tracking on it. For the last two weeks or so I was 99% sure it just wouldn't show up. Very annoying.

LiK

The used to have a weight limit for international otders that made them cancel CE shipments usually because they are too bulky. Don't know if that still applies.

I remember they canceled my Fallout 3 CE preorder because of this. Man, it came with such an awesome statue of the armor.

prateeko

The used to have a weight limit for international otders that made them cancel CE shipments usually because they are too bulky. Don't know if that still applies.

Oh really?

They'll cancel your order if it's over 100 pounds/Euros. Also you need a UK telephone number to register.

I have an account from ages ago it seems so I can log in and almost checked out but the price seemed a little high (165 GBP - thought it should have been 20 quid cheaper with shipping)

Hendrixx

Neo Member
I'd warn anyone against ordering from GAME. Not to mention the horror stories of multiple charges and cancellations but there's the very real chance they won't be around by January...

Jake2by4

$79 for the PE is a steal in my eyes. Pre ordered.

Edit: US doesn't get the Season pass for PE nor the Vinyl for CE. BS

Top Bottom