• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nigel Farage visits the Ecuadorian embassy, then later says couldn’t remember why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sub-buzz-24908-1489062684-1.jpg

Nigel Farage visited the Ecuadorian embassy in west London on Thursday, where WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been living since he claimed asylum in 2012.
The former UKIP leader spent around 40 minutes in the building and left at noon, accompanied by Christian Mitchell, the head of operations at radio station LBC, where Farage hosts a regular show.
Approached by BuzzFeed News as he left to get into a car waiting round the corner, Farage said he couldn’t remember what he had been doing in the building.
Asked specifically if he had gone to the Knightsbridge building to meet with Assange, Farage said: “I never discuss where I go or who I see.”
Ecuador granted Assange asylum almost five years ago to prevent him being deported to Sweden to be questioned over sexual assault allegations. He has been stranded there ever since, with British police keeping the building under close surveillance.
There are no known links between Farage and Assange. However, Assange was seen as pro-Donald Trump during and after the US election, and Farage has grown close to the American president and visited the White House last month.
The Ecuadorian embassy refused to comment.

Buzzfeed Link

I just saw this on Twitter and thought it was pretty interesting considering his close relationship with Donald Trump, especially in light of the recent CIA leaks.

Update:

Leaked emails reveal Nigel Farage's long-standing links to Julian Assange

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ètot mužčina platit za vsë.

So Assange -> Farage -> Trump. Nothing to see here.

How much is Farage getting out of this bullshit? Nice percentage of the oil money from Trump for getting rid of the sanctions later on?

LakeEarth

Using the "I don't recall" excuse on an event that happened WITHIN AN HOUR of the question being asked. That has to be a record.

Viewt

How are all of these dudes so bad at lying? Do they not think they'll get these questions? This shit wouldn't hold up in a Kindergarten class, let alone the press.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How are all of these dudes so bad at lying? Do they not think they'll get these questions? This shit wouldn't hold up in a Kindergarten class, let alone the press.

Their secret is that they know the people who like them don't really care.

LakeEarth

Catching dementia from Trump.

Oh god, what if it is eventually proven that Trump actually has a brain disorder? Then America would have to face the fact that a majority of the voters heard the utter delusions from a famous man in a suit and thought "that guy speaks for me!"

This article is from 3 years ago:

Nigel Farage's relationship with Russian media comes under scrutiny.

Farage caused surprise at the weekend when asked by GQ magazine which politician he most admired. He replied: "As an operator, but not as a human being, I would say [Vladimir] Putin." He defended his approach at a Chatham House event in London. He pointed out: "I said I don't like him, I wouldn't trust him and I wouldn't want to live in his country, but compared with the kids who run foreign policy in this country, I've more respect for him than our lot."

His history with RT and his comments about Putin speaks for itself.

I don't believe it's part of a conspiracy, i.e. he's not carrying orders for Trump or whatever some people are imagining. He's just a far right cunt meeting Assange because all these assholes, from Stein to Le Pen, love Russia and serve its worldview.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Farage is a tit so there's also a good chance he just went and say in the lobby for half and hour to make people he's up to something important.

RangerX

Banned
It's a shame his memory is so shaky - or Assange is such a poor interviewee - that he immediately forgets.

Nigel Farage was interviewing Assange for someone else's radio show?

So why didn't he just say that?

He has his own radio show but who knows.Radio execs probably want to keep it under wraps for a while, for whatever reason. Hes obviously there for Assange though. Thats clear as day.

Russia behind everything and not being shy about it. They've taken the temperature of the populace and figured there is no reason to be shy about it I suppose.

Mivey

Carefully not incriminating himself. But why?

Why not just say, "I have no idea. That's his business."
Careful? He just wants to say "I don't know, I don't care", but seems to just stutter. I don't get why he got his job really, talking is the only thing he needs to do well.

He has his own radio show but who knows.Radio execs probably want to keep it under wraps for a while, for whatever reason. Hes obviously there for Assange though. Thats clear as day.
If it was just an interview, he could have just teased it with a "stay tuned!" or something. It's the "uhh I don't remember" that arouses suspicion.

Bleepey

I don't believe it's part of a conspiracy, i.e. he's not carrying orders for Trump or whatever some people are imagining. He's just a far right cunt meeting Assange because all these assholes, from Stein to Le Pen, love Russia and serve its worldview.

It's just a real coincidence that when a lot of Russian financed businesses like Russia today had their accounts frozen UKIP couldn't afford their central London rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom