• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

tass0

Banned
SovanJedi said:
Okay, this is spooky. I thought to do a size comparison I'd place my 3DS directly on top of my DSi... and now that I have, it's very faintly playing music. It stops the moment I lift it off. It stops if it's just misaligned a bit. It doesn't do it when I place it on any other surface, just on top of my DSi.

Is this already known? Is it to do with transferring profiles and stuff over? I'm a bit scared by it. o_o

It's haunted!

Or they're mating. :eek:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SovanJedi said:
Okay, this is spooky. I thought to do a size comparison I'd place my 3DS directly on top of my DSi... and now that I have, it's very faintly playing music. It stops the moment I lift it off. It stops if it's just misaligned a bit. It doesn't do it when I place it on any other surface, just on top of my DSi.

Is this already known? Is it to do with transferring profiles and stuff over? I'm a bit scared by it. o_o
It's to do with the magnets that tell the DS the lid in closed.

I was just in GAME and the manager was telling people "Nintendo sent us loooads of 3DS consoles, plenty to go around but we didn't get sent many copies of the games"

Taker666

Impressed by the 3DS wifi strength compared to my DS lite. Seems to be far stronger.

Very easy and smooth to get online as well (much better than Wii or DS from my experience).

qwerty2k

Very disappointed by amazon. I had a pre-order with shopto who I know for certain would have got it to me in time or even early as I had some vouchers for amazon I decided to go with them instead. I shan't be doing it again.

Fritz

Another thing:

I played arround with the 3DS for a bit before putting it in the craddle because it is charged out of the box. Then I got worried that it might hurt the batteries so I looked into the manual. looks like you can buy seperate batteries and easily change them. That's the first time you can do this with a Nintendo handheld isn't it? That also means if you're on a long trip or something you can just bring some charged battery packs.

Roxas said:
hello, if anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my code is

3737 - 9508 - 3402

Added! I'm 4468-0950-2817

We should get all of these compiled in the OP.......

I'm still hoping all you guys who are still without get yours today, you wouldn't expect Amazon of all companies to let down it's customers

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Fritz said:
Another thing:

I played arround with the 3DS for a bit before putting it in the craddle because it is charged out of the box. Then I got worried that it might hurt the batteries so I looked into the manual. looks like you can buy seperate batteries and easily change them. That's the first time you can do this with a Nintendo handheld isn't it? That also means if you're on a long trip or something you can just bring some charged battery packs.

Well... the Game Boy let you ;)

Mafro

Yeah I'm still waiting on Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell coming from Amazon despite being down for delivery today, post has been and gone with no games. They were dispatched yesterday late afternoon and I chose expedited delivery (usually City Link or HDN) but they decided to ship it via Royal Mail instead.

Anyone played around with the brightness? Power saving mode just seems to give it a warmer colour palette and does a wierd thing with contrast, making it lose definition in the menus at least.

Alrus

Bought this morning, there was plenty of 3Dses in the store I went to, but Street Fighter was sold out :( Bought Pilotwings instead (which so far is pretty fun but made me remember I really sucked at pilotwings :( )

Really impressed with the 3D, I was a bit scared I wouldn't see it, but it looks great. The system is really neat looking, and the AR game/Face raider are really fun :) Great little system, can't wait to buy a few more games for it.

Also converted my brother by showing him face raiders heh.

Been playing around with the AR-stuff, Face Raiders and Pilotwings. Lovely system. Taking 3D pictures is fun.

93tNi.jpg

Bizzyb

Banned
gofreak said:
Eurogamer has picked up on Amazon's f-ck up:

Amazon accused of 3DS delivery failure

Apparently Amazon are now telling people an investigation is underway. I pinged them again this morning about my order and whether there would be Saturday delivery, but not heard anything from them yet.

Why would you have something like this delivered to your place of work?? Esp on or near a weekend? That's just asking for trouble/issues.

What, is it like the mail man won't leave it at you house unless you sign for it? Afraid of it getting stolen? I just don't see the point in this other than impatiences.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Fuuuck, the urge to buy this is unbearable. My DS Lite full on broke over a year ago and i've never got a replacement... Could catch up on DS Games while the 3DS library builds up, but i want to justify the 3DS itself right now.

GOD I WANT IT.

Mafro

Bizzyb said:
Why would you have something like this delivered to your place of work?? Esp on or near a weekend? That's just asking for trouble/issues.

What, is it like the mail man won't leave it at you house unless you sign for it? Afraid of it getting stolen? I just don't see the point in this other than impatiences.
It needs to be signed for. Depending on who is delivering it, if you're not home it will get left with a neighbour or taken back to the depot and you'll have to rearrange delivery for the next day or whenever.

meppi

Okay, I need a quick answer here.

Got my 3DS today but when I try to use my headphones it just doesn't work.
These are regular ones without a mic or anything.
I use them on all my other DSes/GameBoys and PSP, yet when I plug it into my 3DS it is loose and falls out.
The only time there is any sound coming from the headphones is when I push them sideways a bit.

So my question is: does the 3DS use a different kind of headphones.

It probably doesn't but the shopkeeper is giving me shit about it.
Telling me that Nintendo will send me a new headset (WTF!) when I call them.

Nice going Bart Smit. :mad:

Tiduz

Eurogaime
my slidepad works fine but when i go from right to down i sorta hear a clack sound, should i worry?

kinda the sound you hear if you flick a bankccard

meppi said:

I use them on all my other DSes/GameBoys and PSP, yet when I plug it into my 3DS it is loose and falls out.
The only time there is any sound coming from the headphones is when I push them sideways a bit.

Mine work just fine. Regular 3.5mm ones.

Got it delivered from Tesco today with SSFIV and Nintendogs. The system is incredible - love all the stuff you get with it and the 3D is so good that I don't think I could go back to a handheld without it. The only downside of the system (and probably all autostereoscopic devices) is that the 3D effect is very easy to lose if you tilt the device to the left or right.

mclem

So here's something I hadn't really anticipated.

I like racing games in general, but I have a real problem with percieving distant corners and judging when to turn for them. It's fine after I've had some practice and got familiar with various tracks; I suspect on a subconscious level I start associating landmarks with when to turn, rather than actually seeing and feeling through the corner.

Trackmania's where I first noticed the problem in a big way, because there's just so many potential tracks you have to learn them fresh each time. Gran Turismo 5 I have the same problem at any time I turn off the racing line guide on a new track.

Ridge Racer 3D? No problem whatsoever. Admittedly, the first few tracks could have benefitted from the fact i'd played them before, but even when they're out of the way (I don't recall having encountered the airport one beforehand; I'm no RR aficionado), I'm still seeing and understanding the corners, even on the very first run through the course.

In short, I wouldn't mind Trackmania 3DS now, please.

Cindres said:
Fuuuck, the urge to buy this is unbearable. My DS Lite full on broke over a year ago and i've never got a replacement... Could catch up on DS Games while the 3DS library builds up, but i want to justify the 3DS itself right now.

GOD I WANT IT.

I was in your position although I waited for two years and now I have Super Monkey Ball in my hands and no 3DS, so disappointed with Amazon :(

Donnie

Been playing with my 3DS today (one of the lucky ones from Amazon to actually get it today). I have to say the most impressive thing I've played is the AR games, specifically the golf/shot game. The way my table morphed into a course with water/lava ect is absolutely amazing, with the 3D effect it makes it look like your looking through a window and that the course is really their, its just incredibly impressive. I just wish there were more courses, I'd love a full fledged retail version of this kind of thing.

I haven't spent much time with it yet but I am surprised at how well the 3D effect stays together. Previews were always saying how it's easy to lose the effect and get it back. While it is easy to lose tilting it either side, I'm having no problems getting it back right away. I was concerned about looking quickly between screens but all's good for me.

[Nintex]

meppi said:

Oh man, never buy consoles/handhelds from Bart Smit ever. I had to return my Xbox 360 Forza bundle twice because they were selling refurbished and old models I gave up and send it to Microsoft instead.

dyergram

Had a weird day yesterday got my 3ds took it to my friends watched avatar and tron in 3d. Then played cod blops in 3d between messing with street fighter 3ds.My eyes were completely destroyed by the end we both preferred the 3ds over his new 50" 3d tv. I think 3ds produces less strain because your holding it in your hands, also he just told me he picked up a 3ds and street fighter for 219 from tesco so I guess hes sold...

Top Bottom