• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2011

Sadist

Well, Tales of the Abyss wasn't available so I picked up some eShop credit.

Bought Gargoyles Quest and Metroid II. The first one is actually pretty nifty. Very enjoyable.

mclem

Don't

You're gonna get the nes version with less colors, humongous sprites that cover half the screen. No automap.

If you felt that the nes one was primitive, please don't touch this one. We don't need people whining because they can't handle old games.

Actually, I'd have to say that I found Metroid 2 to be quite a bit more accessible than the NES title. It's not *quite* as overwhelming at the outset - I do think the NES game could benefit from a more linear opening section before it truly opens up.

Roto13

Has there been any word on the GBA ambassador games? I really reading that we were meant to get them before the end of the year.

Ugh. When the Ambassador games are coming, it will be news. You will know. It would be nice if we could go a page in a 3DS-related thread without someone asking about them.

jgkspsx

Actually, I'd have to say that I found Metroid 2 to be quite a bit more accessible than the NES title. It's not *quite* as overwhelming at the outset - I do think the NES game could benefit from a more linear opening section before it truly opens up.

I'd definitely agree. You have a clear single path forward.

You also get loads and loads of missiles really early! :D

Did we already know that MMX2 was coming to Japan? I thought that was one of the games that people were speculating wouldn't come out because it uses an enhanced chipset.

Sadist

Do you guys find 3DS eshop cards in Europe? Can't find any in France.
Yup. But you'll never guess where.

In a store (Primera, Holland) where they sell books, lottery tickets, newspapers, greetingcards etc. Seriously. Haven't seen them in electronics and/or media stores.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Need some advice. Just got a Zelda 3DS.

What should I look for on the e-shop? Things that interest me atm are mostly old GB games:

-Gargoyle's Quest
-Return of Samus
-Super Mario Land 1 and 2
-Burger Time
-LADX
-DK 94

Any of the 3D classics worth the $6? Any standout DSi ware stuff? Thanks.

What should I look for on the e-shop? Things that interest me atm are mostly old GB games:

-Gargoyle's Quest
-Return of Samus
-Burger Time
-LADX
-DK 94

GQ, SML 2 and DK 94 are great buys imo. I really like the Kirby 3D classic. There's a lot of DSiware stuff. I really liked Shantae for instance.

Roto13

Is 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure *really* worth it if I've played the Virtual Console version for like 20 hours?

Only if you really want to play it on a portable. The 3D doesn't add much.

Who knows, maybe one day Nintendo will let you transfer your Wii VC games to your 3DS, like Sony does with PS1 games on PS3/P?
loooooooooooooooooooooool

-Gargoyle's Quest
-Return of Samus
-Burger Time
-LADX
-DK 94

ForDSiware:
Aura Aura Climber
Portable Shrine Wars
Four Swords
Shantae: RR

Get Freaky Forms if you like the Animal Crossing formula mixed with light-platforming.

zigg

Who knows, maybe one day Nintendo will let you transfer your Wii VC games to your 3DS, like Sony does with PS1 games on PS3/P?
loooooooooooooooooooooool
If they did, it wouldn't be a 3D Classics version for a VC version. Does anyone seriously expect that?

Colonel Mustard said:
Get Freaky Forms if you like the Animal Crossing formula mixed with light-platforming.
OT for Freakyforms is right here, if you want to know more.

If they did, it wouldn't be a 3D Classics version for a VC version. Does anyone seriously expect that?

OT for Freakyforms is right here, if you want to know more.

But the point is that the 3D remake doesn't really add anything to make it better than the original. So if Nintendo let you transfer your Wii VC games to the 3DS (looooooooooooooool) then he would have no reason to buy the 3D one at all.

Esiquio

-Gargoyle's Quest
-Return of Samus
-Burger Time
-LADX
-DK 94

Links' Awakening is amazing, as you know. If you hold down Start or Select when you boot the game it runs the game in it's native resolution. Then, turn 3D on, it looks like you're actually looking at a GBC.

Celine

Any impression on zen pinball? Too bad I've only 4 and I'm currently broke

-Gargoyle's Quest
-Return of Samus
-Burger Time
-LADX
-DK 94

My VC ranking so far (in order and only "must have"):
Zelda la
Dk94
Sml2 ( but it is very easy )
Gq
G&w gallery

For dsiware i always recommend shantae.

I've heard good things about twinbee 3d remake.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Boxlife and AlphaBounce are the only DSiWare titles that tempt me to rebuy them on my XL for the larger screen.

But I don't because buying the same digital game twice is idiotic and it's fucking stupid how I can't transfer the license myself.
So yeah, I love those two games.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

What's the deal with the Nov 30 update? Is it a biggie that adds more functionalities?

Erethian

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

What's the deal with the Nov 30 update? Is it a biggie that adds more functionalities?

It's the one that adds in support for DLC, game demos, and eShop improvements, one of which is being able to download your purchases while in sleep mode.

Another eShop change we know about is going to be support for QR codes that instantly take you to the page for a particular game. So people can put up eShop links, effectively, for their titles online.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It will also add ability to share written, vocal messages and 3D pictures (cool!), as well as a 3D video recording capability.

Top Bottom