• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

LaneDS

Have a Switch pre-ordered through Best Buy, and the orders page shows it as a pre-order still but I see "failed authorization" next to my card info. The day I placed the order I got notified by my credit card company and then I allowed the charge through, and resubmitted for authorization, but weeks later I see this. Think they'll just try to charge it again in a few days and it'll go through, or think I'm boned?

wwm0nkey

Have a Switch pre-ordered through Best Buy, and the orders page shows it as a pre-order still but I see "failed authorization" next to my card info. The day I placed the order I got notified by my credit card company and then I allowed the charge through, and resubmitted for authorization, but weeks later I see this. Think they'll just try to charge it again in a few days and it'll go through, or think I'm boned?
Call support to make sure

TheFuzz

Guys, I just wanted to say how excited I am.

My Amazon switch is coming 3/3 and I'm leaving work early to pick up BoTW from Best Buy.

This has been a hell of a ride.

So, I had this same situation with my card. Card company said it was declined, but I called best buy and they said it was good. I was able to secure another pre-order after that, so I cancelled that one.

Again, according to best buy, they said it would be good to go. I'd call if I were you just to make sure.

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder how long after March 3 until more stock gets sent out. The Switch tracker hasn't shown anything in stock in weeks if I'm reading it correctly.

I'm still waiting in the hopes that Toys R Us gets some in stock eventually so I can use my credit.

dolabla

WTF is up with Amazon pushing things back to the 7th? My pre-orders on Best Buy look fine so far, but my case (the official Nintendo one) on Amazon says it won't be here until the 7th. I pre-ordered right when it went up too.

I just placed an order on Wal-Mart since it says it will be here on release day.

akileese

Definitely call them. I had to switch debt cards since my bank reissued my card. I wasn't sure if Best Buy put a hold on my card for my Master Edition/amiibos or straight up charged me. I had an in store pick up. When they switched the card I saw authorization failed by the old one.

As an aside, does Best Buy charge you at time of order for an in store pickup preorderor do they bang you like 3 days from release? Trying to work out my release day budget.

Guys, I just wanted to say how excited I am.

My Amazon switch is coming 3/3 and I'm leaving work early to pick up BoTW from Best Buy.

This has been a hell of a ride.

Dudes its crazy we will be playing in just under a week. My kids are going to their grandmas for the weekend and I couldn't be happier. (Sorry kids I love you).

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. But if you still don't have a preorder, you live in the Pacific NW, and you have a Fred Meyer near by, there you go. I've gone without a preorder for a number of big releases over the years. Just walked into Fred Meyer as soon as they opened, never failed to get what I want. I think they tend to fly under the radar because people don't generally think of them as a big game retailer.
Yup that's how I got the splatoon 3 pack that first came out.

The Big N

Banned
I've had two people tell me that their Target console orders got pushed to 3/7. Anyone else on here seeing that?
I've seen people have that problem with Pro Controllers from Amazon. My guess is it may be due to Target not being sure if they can ship your items and have it arrive no earlier then Friday.

LaneDS

Appreciate the responses on this page- I'll give them a call to be sure and will report back anything interesting they have to say, in case it helps someone else.

wvan13

For anyone who is doing an in-store pick up at Best Buy, in case you were worried, they take the money out of your account when you pick it up. I was worried about it so I called customer service. I thought they might take it out at some earlier stage, which would've been bad for me.

Does anyone know if its possible to switch ;) my best buy ship to in-store pickup? I can't do it online, but afraid to call and have them mess it up in anyway.

Did we ever receive confirmation on whether the Wii U/3DS eShop gift cards would work on the Switch?

This might be a silly question, but I'm considering grabbing $20-50 from Amazon should I decide to download any games on launch day.

Just checked Target and its saying Saturday, March 4th for me.

Same here.

I spoke to their chat and the rep told me that they couldn't get it to me on the 3rd.

Refunded the extra I paid for shipping and gave me a $5 gift card for my trouble.

Best buy pre-order is still on track for delivery on the 3rd.

I'm fine with it though. I don't think I've ever cared less about a new console launching.

DonShula

My Amazon preorder says "expected to ship" 3/1 and "arriving" 3/3. No complaints there. I'm working 3/3 so I don't mind it arriving in the afternoon. I seriously doubt any Amazon orders will arrive early.

Lgndryhr

Does anyone know if its possible to switch ;) my best buy ship to in-store pickup? I can't do it online, but afraid to call and have them mess it up in anyway.

Not at this point.

is there anywhere that is still taking preorders?

Not that I have heard. At this point you will have to wait in line during a midnight launch or early Friday month. If not, then hope to find one during a walk in on Friday March 3rd.

I don't believe it will be restocked until end of March / beginning of April.

Don't know where to ask this and doesn't warrant a new thread, but what kinds of SD cards are compatible and recommended with switch?

It seems so surreal to think that we only even knew what the hell this thing was only since November. We're almost there...

Picking up my Switch at Walmart at midnight and REALLY hoping Zelda comes in the day before via Amazon or early on March 3rd.

nickerous

Going fishing for a switch at midnight at best buy. Might go ahead and pick up zelda there too. I have the wii u version reserved at gamestop. What happens if I don't pick it up or try to cancel on release day? Am I out the $5? Or, should I get the switch version of Zelda at gamestop that morning instead of the pre-ordered wii u copy? Can I change it on launch day?

rhino2627

Neo Member
I've got a Switch and Pro Controller preordered with Best Buy. Both are showing delivery by Thursday, March 2.

Anyone else seeing the same thing? I've never preordered with Best Buy before, wasn't sure if they usually ship/deliver early.

Bionic

anyone know when amazon charges the card of the preorders ???

Right before they ship.

Edit: Beaten! For a little more content, I am also seeing my Amazon neon joycons showing Tuesday the 7th. I'm hopeful it's just a failure to flag for release day shipping, but it won't be the end of the world if they come in late. If I do play 4 player over the weekend, one of my friends who also preordered a Switch will be there, so we can still do some team milking.

mephesta

Please do! I'm seeing the same thing on my Bestbuy.com preorder.

Just chiming in. I am pretty sure my BB shipping order yesterday said "failed to authorize", but right now it says "awaiting authorization".

I'll give them a call in a bit just to make sure everything is good and report back.

JakeD

my target is also saying 3/4 now. oh well, small price to pay for the red card savings i guess.

anyone else who ordered target, and had to ask for red card perks AFTER the fact through support: does your "payment" section still say the full non-discount amount?

my "payment" area says $334.99 but my "order summary" has discounts applied and says $290.75

_woLf

So...we're not going to get virtual console information, are we?

I am beginning to wonder if VC is even going to be available at launch at this point.

Finally cancelled my amazon switch pre order, feels bad but i don't see myself really playing much of the switch for the next few months. Hopefully someone here can snag it when it goes back up for order, probably around 2/28 when they start shipping out.

Just got my e-mail confirmation from GameStop to Authorize my payment on 02/25. I have a concern though about my payment.

When I ordered, I set it to use a gift card and also my PuR balance which would have full covered the Switch. On my Order page, I see nothing about payment method and it shows the full tax which PuR Trade Credit should not have.

Should I wait for the 25th and see if it is all right or give Customer Service a call? I've never pre-ordered online with Game Stop so have no idea if this is normal. I'm trying to avoid having my credit card charged which was the point of all the credit and Gift Cards being used.

So...we're not going to get virtual console information, are we?

I am beginning to wonder if VC is even going to be available at launch at this point.

I don't know why people necessarily assume this was a foregone conclusion though. The only Nintendo platform that launched with a virtual console was the Wii. Both the 3DS and the WiiU received it several months after launch.

I agree that they should've spoken about it before now, but I also think that people are naive to outright expect it on day one, considering the last two Nintendo platforms didn't have it on day one either.

BuggyMike

I've had two people tell me that their Target console orders got pushed to 3/7. Anyone else on here seeing that?

Mine has been saying March 7-10 since January 13 when I pre-ordered it. I figured it was simply a place holder until the real estimated time is ready. Guess I'll find out closer to launch. If it does get shipped on friday, I'm expecting (hoping) monday.

Top Bottom