• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

goldenpp72

Has anyone seen a place where the SE version of Zelda is still being sold? Not looking for the Master sword one, figured it would be worth an ask.

Can't decide if I want to cancel. Literally the only game I want to play is Zelda.

What are the chances I can walk in a store and get one when Mario Kart comes out?

guek

Banned
Called the best buy I preordered at and yeah they'll have a midnight release. I just might ask for that day off.

I've got two switches on preorder and am willing to sell my gray one at cost plus shipping. Should I post in the buy sell thread?

spannicus

Can't decide if I want to cancel. Literally the only game I want to play is Zelda.

What are the chances I can walk in a store and get one when Mario Kart comes out?
You wanna sell it to me? Its possible depends on demand. Right now titles for it aren't jam packed so who knows. Personally i think it should be easy.

Someone can't help?

I did an in store order for two pro controllers on 2/18 at my local Best Buy. Says i should have it March 3rd. That legit?

You wanna sell it to me? Its possible depends on demand. Right now titles for it aren't jam packed so who knows. Personally i think it should be easy.

I've got a possible buyer already lined up. Just on the fence on whether I want it or not when it will collect dust after I'm done with Zelda and Mario kart until the fall.

I've just bought myself a PS4 Pro, & am most likely going for this device next.

Though it's most likely going to be after launch.

daffy

Banned
I really hope so as I wasn't able to preorder a switch. I'll be calling stores, and checking NewEgg, til I find one if Nintendo is able to keep up with the demand.
I wasn't able to preorder either. But I also didn't try at all lol. I've always managed to find systems without preordering. Even during the 360 fiasco. Just gotta be prepared to shop around and use your phone. This is releasing in March... I really feel its being blown out of proportion but we'll see.

spannicus

Are Switch pre-orders really sold out a week and a half before launch when the Hype is still building?

Why, Nintendo?
Same thing i wanna know. They should have more preorders. I shouldn't have waited. Only reason was because i have a wii u. Forgot about the portability and hours i could have spent playing zelda on the go. I fucked up.

DirtyLarry

So before I pick up the Pro Controller I want to check out the default controls first.
Think they will be readily available after launch (the Pro Controller), or should I preorder from Best Buy and if I decide I do not need it just return it?

So before I pick up the Pro Controller I want to check out the default controls first.
Think they will be readily available after launch (the Pro Controller), or should I preorder from Best Buy and if I decide I do not need it just return it?
No one seems to be a answering questions about pro controllers. I've asked like three times lol

Same thing i wanna know. They should have more preorders. I shouldn't have waited. Only reason was because i have a wii u. Forgot about the portability and hours i could have spent playing zelda on the go. I fucked up.

If it makes you feel better they've been sold out pretty much from the reveal.

goldenpp72

No one seems to be a answering questions about pro controllers. I've asked like three times lol

I'd preorder one just in case, as long as a trip to BB isn't too inconvenient for you, then just return it if you don't want it. Considering the Visa checkout deal can save 25 off 100 for the next 2 days, you can snag one and a game for cheaper as well.

DirtyLarry

Haha it is taboo I suppose.

For pre-orders at least, the Pro controller in US seems more rare than the system.

I'd preorder one just in case, as long as a trip to BB isn't too inconvenient for you, then just return it if you don't want it. Considering the Visa checkout deal can save 25 off 100 for the next 2 days, you can snag one and a game for cheaper as well.
Thanks, did not realize they were rare. It is on Best Buy's website right now so just went ahead with the pre-order for it. BB is not too far from me, so only thing to lose is some time right now.

robochimp

Has anyone seen a place where the SE version of Zelda is still being sold? Not looking for the Master sword one, figured it would be worth an ask.

Most mornings Toys R Us has preorders up for the SE at ~530am eastern. Note it's extremely small quantities if you can even get it in your cart it's a race to checkout.

Then you're good. They're hold it for you for 7 seven days after the 3rd.
Sweet this is what I'm seeing

SUuMdUY.jpg

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Cancelling my Zelda: BOTW Switch pre-order on Amazon as my awesome brother secured a special edition one for me for my birthday coming up this week.

So I'm not sure how this works but I'm gonna cancel my Amazon pre-order, I don't know if it will show up as available on Amazon or they simply don't list it.

Figured I'd give a heads up. It's 10:30pm eastern/Michigan time. I'm cancel my pre-order at 10:35pm.

EDIT: CANCELLED.

Chances of getting any freebies during midnight launch events ? I miss water bottles, hat, etc...
Better yet, chances of finding a console available to purchase at the midnight launch?

My inevitable impulse desire to go ahead and look for a console has spiked in recent days. I have quite literally gone from being dead set against buying the console at launch to seriously considering it if I manage to find a unit available from a non-scalper.

Ugh, I hate myself sometimes.

Xathos

Neo Member
So I was gonna wait to pickup Zelda in store, but i just checked and online stores seem to be selling out.. Amazon and Gamestop don't have it available for me anymore, even though just a few hours ago it was.. Decided to snag a copy from Walmart just in case.

Hoping to actually get the Pro controller a day or two early from Best Buy. They sent me Star Wars VII like four days early and I was like holy shit!

Malus

I'm beginning to seriously consider either just waiting until more stock comes in or even buying Zelda on Wii U. I wanna get the Switch at gamestop so I can use my store credit.

I think it's hard to tell. It's still up on Best Buy (US) for example, even though Amazon seems to have sold out.

spock

Is the standard edition Zelda also now sold out on Amazon? If so that is freaking wild...

Trying to decide if I should keep my amazon Switch/Zelda pre order on Amazon as well. I also have a xbox one coming on Thursday. But damn the thirst for Switch/Zelda seems stronger than I even thought...

Top Bottom