• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

So how reliable is shipping with Best Buy in the US? I had to preorder my special edition Zelda from them and my Switch from GameStop, and I hope I get it on Release day.

For me it's really fast. Sometimes I get stuff a day or two before release date. But I've had weird errors with Best Buy pre-orders before.

daffy

Banned
Pretty sad Nintendo promised there wouldn't be a shortage of pre-orders and yet here we are.... None.
Nintendo explicitly said there wouldn't be a shortage within the first three weeks of launch. Which is yet to be determined.

So in exactly one month, everyone should have a Switch that wants one.

psyfi

Banned
Best Buy, Target, or Gamestop for midnight release? In LA with no pre order.
I'm not expert, but from the chatter on here it seems like Target might be your best bet. I'd prepare to walk away empty handed, though. You might have to hit up a few stores Friday morning before you find one.

I remember preordering MH4U from them a while back and got the game on release day. I also had Majoras Mask 3d preordered from gamestop and it didn't arrive till 2 days after release.
That's good.
My switch is in store, so that's not an issue.

For me it's really fast. Sometimes I get stuff a day or two before release date. But I've had weird errors with Best Buy pre-orders before.

This bodes well, thanks
any other impressions would be appreciated.

Good to know. I pre-ordered everything from Best Buy so I'm hoping it gets here okay and on-time. Gray Switch, 2 Pro Controllers, Zelda, and Case/Screen protector.

Pyrokai

I just called my local GameStop and they said they were doing a midnight release. Squeeeee---!!!

After seeing GameXplain's boxes, I suddenly want all the Zelda amiibo lol

I also have a Pro Controller reserved at Best Buy :)

ctfg23

Just got the 3/7 pro controller email from Amazon. I'm OK with that, since it forces me to use the Joy-Cons more for a few days.

KevinG

If I receive that email about the Pro-Con from Amazon, I'll probably cancel. I want it day one, and will try my luck elsewhere.

My Best Buy online order isn't showing up anymore. I put in the order number, my last name, and phone number and get nothing. Wish I had signed in but I was in such a hurry I checked out as a guest.

Guess I have the call them. Makes me nervous.

bachikarn

Got the Amazon email too. Going to cancel and order it from Best Buy as it is still available and says it will be delivered on 03/03

Apparently no midnight launch of switch at my GameStop but I work the next morning. I guess I'll be stuck waiting until 3pm. I wanted to play Zelda in the break room :(

daffy

Banned
Best Buy, Target, or Gamestop for midnight release? In LA with no pre order.
Best Buy. I'm in LA county as well and I'm hearing that several BB stores will have regular stock. Target isn't doing a midnight release and Gamestop seemed to be limited to preorders only.

Simo

So for us non-preorder folks thinking about hitting up a midnight release at Best Buy etc...what would be the ideal time to go? Lol I'm really not in touch with Nintendo's popularity and how these midnight releases can go given my last Nintendo system was a GameCube so I'm wondering if I can roll up closer to midnight or are folks going to be lining up hours for these?

I fortunately got a pre-order for the Master edition of Zelda, just need the console. lol

Magwik

Banned
So for us non-preorder folks thinking about hitting up a midnight release at Best Buy etc...what would be the ideal time to go? Lol I'm really not in touch with Nintendo's popularity and how these midnight releases can go given my last Nintendo system was a GameCube so I'm wondering if I can roll up closer to midnight or are folks going to be lining up hours for these?

I fortunately got a pre-order for the Master edition of Zelda, just need the console. lol
I'd say drive by at closing time for your store and see if there is a line at all and if not come back close to 10 and be prepared to sit around for 2 hours.

Simo

I'd say drive by at closing time for your store and see if there is a line at all and if not come back close to 10 and be prepared to sit around for 2 hours.

Cool I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion! Hopefully the Ann Arbor crowds go to the GameStops lol

I was told by Target today that they can not deliver my Switch order on release day.

Even paid an extra $15 for shipping.

They refunded my shipping and gave me a $5 gift card for my trouble.

Check your Target order status if you ordered from them.

Best Buy order is still expected to arrive on launch day.

Preordered at local walmart. $30 down. Receipt doesn't show which SKU. It just says "switch".

Hoping maybe I'll get a neon one somehow still.

Anyone?

I did an in store order for two pro controllers on 2/18 at my local Best Buy. Says i should have it March 3rd. That legit?

antonz

Ordered the PDP Legend of Zelda Screen Protector and Skins pack. Waiting for them to let me know when I will get it. Starting to worry. They updated that any order placed after Feb 7th may not arrive until May. Placed my order on Feb 5th. Starting to think I did not get in on the launch inventory

Alright y'all, I have my preorder at GameStop and they are doing a midnight open (yes!) and I have about 160$ left to pay it off.

I currently have a new 3DS XL and right now trading it in will net me almost 0$ leftover. I also have the following the games:

DQ8
SMT IV Apocalypse
SMT devil survivor 2
Ace Combat Plus

Do I just offload all of these and keep my 64gb sdxc card for the Switch.

I just know after I see that new screen I am going to have a ton of trouble going back to the pixelated 3ds even though the top screen IPS, anyone else trying to make this type of decision?

Amani

Looks like pre-orders are a bust at this point, not that I'm surprised. Still gonna hold out for a Zelda Special Ed. to pop up, but I'll just try my luck on launch day for the console. If I don't make it to Gamestop in time, there's still this store called The Exchange which might have some for launch day. Gonna ask them tomorrow how many they're expecting to receive.

I called my local Target to check. Worker in the electronics section said they'll have some for walkins without pre-orders but she didn't instill any confirence in me. She didn't even know what a Nintendo Switch was when I first asked for it, put me on hold to check, then came back and claimed Target never took any preorders for it at all. When I asked if Target will let people line up and what time she replied with "probably." :S

I feel like I might as well have asked a magic 8 ball.

Doctre81

So just to make sure, almost everyone else's Best Buy pre-order is also awaiting authorization correct?

It wont go through until a couple hrs before midnight. You will get an email that is went through and is ready to pick up but you cant until midnight.

I called my local Target to check. Worker in the electronics section said they'll have some for walkins without pre-orders but she didn't instill any confirence in me. She didn't even know what a Nintendo Switch was when I first asked for it, put me on hold to check, then came back and claimed Target never took any preorders for it at all. When I asked if Target will let people line up and what time she replied with "probably." :S

Might be YMMV, but I'd guess that Target stores would hand out tickets that morning before opening. Might want to ask the manager at the store what their plans are.

Nintendo explicitly said there wouldn't be a shortage within the first three weeks of launch. Which is yet to be determined.

So in exactly one month, everyone should have a Switch that wants one.

I really hope so as I wasn't able to preorder a switch. I'll be calling stores, and checking NewEgg, til I find one if Nintendo is able to keep up with the demand.

Her no pre-order claim is correct. Apparently Target really doesnt do console pre-orders.

Top Bottom