• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got my Grey Switch online from BB

have a Zelda Amiibo from GS that i probably will return

also trying to decide between physical & digital for BotW

can't wait

linkboy

I've got my copy ordered from Amazon, along with Zelda.

Had a Pro Controller from Amazon Japan, but I cancelled it.

Trading in some games to Amazon for store credit to pay for Zelda.

So can't wait.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got:
1 Switch (BB pick up)
1 Neon Switch (BB pick up)
1 Grey Charge Grip (BB shipped)
1 Neon Joy Con set (so can do one red one blue Switch) (BB shipped)
1 Pro Controller (BB shipped)

Going digital so don't need games

psyfi

Banned
I've got my copy ordered from Amazon, along with Zelda.

Had a Pro Controller from Amazon Japan, but I cancelled it.

Trading in some games to Amazon for store credit to pay for Zelda.

So can't wait.
Sounds like you've got your plan figured out, but you might want to consider selling your games instead of trading them in to Amazon. From my experience I always get more money that way.

GDGF

Soothsayer
So for those who have a preorder, it's pretty well known that BB is doing midnight launches. I went to my local Gamestop to finish paying off my switch and was told that officially there has been no word of a midnight launch, but unofficially the employees are expecting one.

Might be a local thing but my Gamestop called and said they're doing a midnight launch.

I have Zelda BOTW Master Edition preordered but I don't plan on getting the Switch for a little while XD. I might sell just the game and get the Wii U version since I have a Wii U.

TAS

I have everything preordered and anxiously waiting for launch day. Any other crazy Canadians spending over $1000 on the Switch launch? LoL :(

Got:
1 Switch (BB pick up)
1 Neon Switch (BB pick up)
1 Grey Charge Grip (BB shipped)
1 Neon Joy Con set (so can do one red one blue Switch) (BB shipped)
1 Pro Controller (BB shipped)

Going digital so don't need games

For all digital, what Micro sdxc are you going with?

I have Zelda BOTW Master Edition preordered but I don't plan on getting the Switch for a little while XD. I might sell just the game and get the Wii U version since I have a Wii U.

Let me know if you want to offload it without killing a father to be (#2 on the way, the Switch is my gaming last bastion of hope) For reals though PM if you are thinking about offloading to a Zelda fan!

Wayoshi

Have a lot preordered from Amazon. Here most of my Amazon orders on a release day come at like 7pm.

March 3 is going to be a looooong day.

I still have my Amazon Grey Switch preorder, I had played with the idea of cancelling it but I want to play Zelda so I preordered that and paid it all off with gift cards so I'm go for the 3rd I guess.

_h8bit

Banned
Are we still sorta in the dark about usb power bank supply requirements for this thing? It's the last thing on my list that I still would like to order before release day.

helium121

Banned
Have a lot preordered from Amazon. Here most of my Amazon orders on a release day come at like 7pm.

March 3 is going to be a looooong day.

This is the reason I went with in store pickup at Bestbuy. I ordered my PS4 from Amazon and the wait for UPS to deliver it around 8 PM was unbearable.

Hearing them throw the box outside my door was a little bothersome too. Especially with the lack of packing material in the box.

Wayoshi

This is the reason I went with in store pickup at Bestbuy. I ordered my PS4 from Amazon and the wait for UPS to deliver it around 8 PM was unbearable.

Hearing them throw the box outside my door was a little bothersome too. Especially with the lack of packing material in the box.

I don't have a throwing the box problem at least, eek.

lt519

So Neon or Gray? I can't decide! Neon makes it feel more like a toy, which it is...

I'm also willing to sell the one I don't keep to a GAF member at cost to me (so plus tax+shipping of their choice).

Are we still sorta in the dark about usb power bank supply requirements for this thing? It's the last thing on my list that I still would like to order before release day.

I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3057LB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I use it for other reasons, but it has USB-C (comes with a USB-C cable which is worth a few bucks) and is nicer than any other power bank I've used (although it weighs a ton). I get 5 chargers on my Nexus 6P with it. Anyway, it is advertised as able to power Macbooks and Pixels so it shouldn't have a problem with the Switch.

I did buy an extra power supply to put in my bedroom for home use so I can keep the other neatly tucked into my TV cabinet.

TankRizzo

Banned

psst, they also throw boxes when delivering them to stores.

I used to work at Best Buy

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Have a Neon console pre-ordered from Amazon, but I'm unsure what to do about games.

I definitely want to pick up 1-2-Switch, that's for sure, but I dunno if I want to pick up Zelda on the 3rd or wait it out for a deal of some kind.

I missed out on the recent Visa Checkout deal, though I would have been buying stuff I didn't necessarily want to hit $100 anyway, so I felt like that was costing me money in the end.

Vibed

I've got the Master Edition pre-ordered on Amazon, but I'm getting my Switch at Midnight launch at Gamestop. Won't be much point to a midnight launch if I've got nothing to play... do you think its possible to buy a copy of BotW from Gamestop, then return the one I get in the Master Edition? I'm so impatient :S

Not

Banned
I've got the Master Edition pre-ordered on Amazon, but I'm getting my Switch at Midnight launch at Gamestop. Won't be much point to a midnight launch if I've got nothing to play... do you think its possible to buy a copy of BotW from Gamestop, then return the one I get in the Master Edition? I'm so impatient :S

I've got a regular copy of BotW preordered from Gamestop; if I score a special edition from Target I'm just cancelling the preorder.

Lol, so I'll be getting the pro controller from Gamestop, the game from Target, and the console from Wal-Mart if it all works out.

linkboy

Sounds like you've got your plan figured out, but you might want to consider selling your games instead of trading them in to Amazon. From my experience I always get more money that way.

I thought about doing that, but trading them into Amazon is just the easier route. The credit goes straight to my account and I don't have to deal with trying to add funds to a USAA account (I have to go through another account and then transfer to my main account, which can take up to a week for the transfer to go through).

I just had an emergency appendectomy last week, so I'm a bit sore and trying not to complicate things to much.

akileese

Might be a local thing but my Gamestop called and said they're doing a midnight launch.

I think it is probably a local thing. I'm guessing it has to do with quantity and maybe even depending on if other retailers are doing midnight releases. I'm in a position of, if I want to get my unit at midnight, going to Gamestop to get my switch and then driving down the road to best buy to pick up my Zelda. I'm still on the fence but I'll probably do it even if I don't get a lot of playtime that night.

Everything from Best Buy now.

Gray Switch
BOTW
Pro controller
200GB MicroSD (probably going to cancel this order after putting some thought into it)
$45 eshop cards (bought these to fill out an order or two during the $100/$25 back Visa Checkout deal)

Planning on downloading 1-2 Switch and maaaaaybe Bomberman when I get home that night.

FuturusX

Great thread - what's the word on more units before launch, I slept on this and really want to play Zelda on the Switch.

I don't mind paying a bit more just not to Ebay.

Have to make my final decision this week before amazon charges me and ships it

PM me and I'll take it off you hands for $75 extra on top of the base fee for your order. Let me know :)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Have to make my final decision this week before amazon charges me and ships it

Same. I am sitting here with an Amazon pre-order and all I can think is "what the fuck, just save the hassle/money and get it on Wii U! The holidays are a long way off until the next release you even want!!"

But then just as I start to cancel I think: But what if the HD Rumble is just that awesome? I will want a system for Mario anyway, might as well get a system now...

I am literally completely undecided. (The portability is meaningless to me. My switch will likely never leave the dock)

tkscz

Unfortunately, I was flat broke when the Switch was available for pre-order and couldn't get a pre-order. Best bet at this point is to go to the 24 hour Walmart and try to get one at midnight.

Meijer (midwest store) will be getting these. I was told that there would be a midnight launch. They don't know yet how many they will get and said to call them closer to launch. They didn't do preorders so hopefully it'll be a decent amount.

5EmFmB4.jpg

Wait, I live in the Mid-west, and my friend's mom works at a Meijer, I have to make a phone call.

Magwik

Banned
Meijer (midwest store) will be getting these. I was told that there would be a midnight launch. They don't know yet how many they will get and said to call them closer to launch. They didn't do preorders so hopefully it'll be a decent amount.

5EmFmB4.jpg
I'm almost tempted to give Meijer the shot over Best Buy.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Might take off on the 3rd since I'll put up all night playing Zelda. Can't believe it almost a week till release.

Wayoshi

Neon I hate the mismatched colors.

I'll wait for more colors to come out and choose one for a second JoyCon pack. Or even get reskin stickers from Etsy or somewhere else down the line.

DMONKUMA

Getting all the stuff through Best buy

-Console
-Zelda
-Pro controller
-Charging Grip
-Neon Blue joycons

Only thing that's not on there is a RDS case and Hori screen protector I'm getting from Amazon.

I've been going back a forth if I want that case or another.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Is there any hope of Wii U games ever being playable on Switch via digital download? I already know it wont play the disks. I skipped the Wii U and never played any of the big Nintendo 1st party games last gen and I really want to someday.

Second, is it worth buying a Switch if I would never play it on the go? I just know I wouldn't take it off the doc since I really don't have time or a need to play games on the go.

linkboy

Is there any hope of Wii U games ever being playable on Switch via digital download? I already know it wont play the disks. I skipped the Wii U and never played any of the big Nintendo 1st party games last gen and I really want to someday.

Second, is it worth buying a Switch if I would never play it on the go? I just know I wouldn't take it off the doc since I really don't have time or a need to play games on the go.

No, they're totally different hardware. Outside of a game getting a port (like Mario Kart), you're not going to be able to play Wii U games on the Switch.

Top Bottom