• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

NeOak

Can you change those links to AmazonSmile?

System- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Accessories- http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...nintendo+switch&rh=n:471304,k:nintendo+switch
Pro Controller- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAWKYZ0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_se_rspo_laas_aas

Rootbeer

Banned
I reaped the rewards during the sleepless night after the Switch event, but I wish others luck in this wearying fight.
I stayed up for hours after that event waiting for all the items to go up for order... it paid off.

Good luck to everyone who still needs one. I hope everyone can snag what they want for launch, it's going to be a fun time!

Veitsev

When they first went up for preorder at Gamestop, they only had bundles left when I got there, so I got the neon Switch, BotW, the charging dock, and a zelda case.

However, I went back a few week later, wanting to cancel the charging dock in favor of a pro controller, but I was told I couldn't do that as the items are all inside one box/the switch box or something.

When I pick it all up on launch day, if the charger is indeed a separate boxed item, that shit is getting returned.

Retailers don't typically let you buy bundles and then return parts of them. They are considered one item. Its shitty but thats how it is. That said you could easily sell it yourself. If its not part of the bundle then you can return it. Its a separate item for sure.

Jigolo

I have a Gray launch day pre-order from Best Buy that I want to get rid of. Life unfortunately just happens to get in the way at the moment and I have no use for it launch day.

PM me if interested

LowRoller

Curious to see how the Grip controller feels before getting a Pro. I think I can manage without a pro for awhile.

Also question time! Can you lay the dock flat??? I would be very happy if this is the case.
I would also like to know if we can lay the dock flat . Would save me a lot of trouble

Dragoshi1

Retailers don't typically let you buy bundles and then return parts of them. They are considered one item. Its shitty but thats how it is. That said you could easily sell it yourself. If its not part of the bundle then you can return it. Its a separate item for sure.

Shame I can't switch out items of the bundle. Would rather the pro controller, but I'll have to make do, or sell it, as you suggested.

Is it possible to change the shipping address on a best buy pre-order without cancelling it? I'd like to give my neon switch pre-order away, otherwise I'm cancelling next week.

TrojanAg

I had to cancel my Pro controller preorder from Amazon and got one from Best Buy instead because it's not looking like they will be able to get them to people by launch day. I can't believe that Amazon hasn't figured this out with less than 2 weeks to go.

I had to cancel my Pro controller preorder from Amazon and got one from Best Buy instead because it's not looking like they will be able to get them to people by launch day. I can't believe that Amazon hasn't figured this out with less than 2 weeks to go.
Yeah I just did that went with in store pickup. Anyone ever had issues with Best Buy and in store pickup?

Zee-Row

Banned
Luckily I preordered but my friend didn't. He wants to camp out at Walmart , what are his chances of getting one without a preorder?

Best Buy in store pre order reliable? I'm going with them for the pro controller instead of Amazon since my order hasn't been updated.

Do you guys really trust Best Buy to have this many Pro Controllers available? It's been up for days, and Amazon only had them up for a few minutes.

I just cancelled my Gray Switch Amazon pre-order. So somebody else will have a chance to get one. I have one Pro pre-ordered from Amazon and two from Best Buy. I'll have to play those by ear. I only want to keep one.

ATF487

Got 330 dollars in Amazon credit hoping to get one of these preordered along with Zelda, dunno if they will have any more available before launch though :(

Fireblend

Banned
Has anyone who pre-ordered on Amazon had any problem changing its shipping address? I need to change mine and am wondering if I'm better off contacting support and having them do it so I don't risk losing my release date delivery.

I traded in a bunch of old 3DS games and got around 130$ worth of credit! I paid off Zelda & Bomberman and put the rest on Super Mario Odyssey. Can't wait for launch :)

Got 330 dollars in Amazon credit hoping to get one of these preordered along with Zelda, dunno if they will have any more available before launch though :(

They might have up one more time due to cancelled preorders, but it won't last more than a few minutes at most, and might be limited to Prime members only as they did for the Neon.

Has anyone who pre-ordered on Amazon had any problem changing its shipping address? I need to change mine and am wondering if I'm better off contacting support and having them do it so I don't risk losing my release date delivery.

I had no problem changing the address on mine, but I fully paid for it with gift card first, don't know if that helps.

SharkJAW

I preordered a Switch from Gamestop online, and I'm unable to see the order on the website (even though I've received the order confirmation email). Is this happening to anyone else?

Also, I was thinking about trading a PS4 in and putting the value toward the Switch. Would it be possible to do that with an online preorder?

Edit: Ended up resolving the issue.

akileese

So for those who have a preorder, it's pretty well known that BB is doing midnight launches. I went to my local Gamestop to finish paying off my switch and was told that officially there has been no word of a midnight launch, but unofficially the employees are expecting one.

R0ckman

So Amazon started taxing in my state in Feburary, but I preordered in Janurary. Does that mean all my games and stuff are locked out of being taxed, if preordered before then?

Edit: Nope they get added on at the sale, according to others. I'll be checking my order this week to be sure though.

Meijer (midwest store) will be getting these. I was told that there would be a midnight launch. They don't know yet how many they will get and said to call them closer to launch. They didn't do preorders so hopefully it'll be a decent amount.

5EmFmB4.jpg

Futureman

There two Targets pretty close to me... one is about 10 minutes away off a really busy road.

The other is about 15 minutes away from my house but it's in a really weird area that feels almost deserted. Every time I've been to this Target it's like a ghost town.

I really want a Switch @ Best Buy because I have reward certificates, but I may try Target on launch day if BB doesn't come through.

psyfi

Banned
My Best Buy is doing a midnight launch, but I have no way to get home afterwards (busses stop running). Should I spend the night in the BB janitor's closet or just wait to pick everything up the next morning? 🤔

Meijer (midwest store) will be getting these. I was told that there would be a midnight launch. They don't know yet how many they will get and said to call them closer to launch. They didn't do preorders so hopefully it'll be a decent amount.

I've bought several Nintendo systems at Meijer midnight launches. It might be your best bet if you have a 24 hour Meijer. If you use a Meijer card for groceries you can get 15% off coupons.

I had given up on being able to get a switch at launch. Till I randomly went to a mall in the middle of nowhere in Connecticut about two weeks ago for no reason. About over an hour from where I live.

And it was that day when they said that 5000 random people who walk into GameStop would get to preorder it who walked in that day. So I walked in and asked even though I was like 1000% sure that there was no chance of me being one of the people who would get it.

The GameStop employee said he had no idea that promotion was even happening. And said he was sorry no can do. But then he told me that "I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I hear the FYE upstairs has a few left." And I was like. Oh ok, I'll go and check then. And I was still like pretty sure they'd say they didn't have it. I didn't even know FYE still got new games regularly

So I walked in and I asked and they were like " oh Switch preorders? Ok we are out of Zelda, and the Pro controller, but we have one grey system left". I nearly grabbed the dude by the shirt and started ranting at him like Gandalf did to Frodo in the Fellowship "ARE YOU SURE? YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE ONE?"

Lucked out so much. I thought it was so bizarre how they were out of the controller and Zelda but not the system itself? I'm also stunned that a GameStop employee actually helped me and directed me to a different store.

But anyway if anyone can't find it I guess try going to the most remote FYE in your general area. You may luck out like I did.

What is the best 128gb sdxc card to buy for the Switch:

I would like the following options answered:

Frugal (Cheapest/Reliable) :

All Rounder (Speed/Reliable/Affordable):

Barn Burner (Speed/ Reliable):

Again since we don't know what the exact reader type is I don't know if I should be looking for UHS 1/3, so any guidance is appreciated!

What is the best 128gb sdxc card to buy for the Switch:

I would like the following options answered:

Frugal (Cheapest/Reliable) :

All Rounder (Speed/Reliable/Affordable):

Barn Burner (Speed/ Reliable):

Again since we don't know what the exact reader type is I don't know if I should be looking for UHS 1/3, so any guidance is appreciated!

I'd like to know as well. We should have a list in the OP what the best SDXC cards are for the Switch.

nickerous

So, the best places to find Switch units on launch day appear to be Target and Toys r us. Is that right? Target has also advertised having the zelda special editions, but probably very limited. So, if I go to one of these stores, how early should I be there? Target opens at 8am and TRU at 9am...

TankRizzo

Banned
So, the best places to find Switch units on launch day appear to be Target and Toys r us. Is that right? Target has also advertised having the zelda special editions, but probably very limited. So, if I go to one of these stores, how early should I be there? Target opens at 8am and TRU at 9am...

probably 8-9PM the night before to be on the safe side.

Is the HORI Compact Playstand what I need if I want to play on the Switch on my desk, without Docked mode? I do think I have the ability to run the charging cable from the Switch even in kickstand mode though.

FZZ

Banned
If I'm getting mine shipped to my house and I ordered on launch how soon should I expect it at my door

Got it from Best Buy

I don't wanna wait too long, regretting not doing midnight launch

helium121

Banned
Best Buy in store pre order reliable? I'm going with them for the pro controller instead of Amazon since my order hasn't been updated.

If you've physically preordered in store, make sure you are there early to claim your item. Bestbuy's in store preorders are first come first serve. If you ordered the controller online for in store pickup, you should be fine.

I ordered the Smash Bros/Gamecube controller bundle in store and when I went to pick it up I was told of this policy. During my arguing with the manager that preorders shouldn't work that way, multiple people with pick up in store orders were getting their games.

I reserved the Smash bundle the day it went up in store too.

Krakatoa

If you've physically preordered in store, make sure you are there early to claim your item. Bestbuy's in store preorders are first come first serve. If you ordered the controller online for in store pickup, you should be fine.

I ordered the Smash Bros/Gamecube controller bundle in store and when I went to pick it up I was told of this policy. During my arguing with the manager that preorders shouldn't work that way, multiple people with pick up in store orders were getting their games.

I reserved the Smash bundle the day it went up in store too.

That's pretty bad. I preordered my Switch online for is store pick. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues.

Top Bottom