• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh E3 trailer

Tahnit

Banned
as a huge dark souls fan this came out of left field for me and im completely obsessed with this game. The combat is faster but requires way more skill than dark souls ever did. Its also harder than anything ive played before but once it clicks with you (just like dark souls) you start to get it and do better.

I want this game so badly.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn! This game is looking better and better, love the crazy enemies and bosses we saw. Not only that but another demo?

Also did anyone see him using a gun in the trailer! Didn't know we got those but makes sense.

Begaria

Why the fuck did they kept this and GR2 out of the conference why

*throws hands up in the air in confusion*

I KNOW, RIGHT?! Such a shame.

Can't wait for the next demo, and I can't wait for the full release whether it gets pushed to 2017 or not. Such a promising good game.

Good to finally hear William talk. Also grinning so happily with this beta announcement, looking forward to playing Ni-oh again.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Definitely excited to try the beta demo which I assume will have all the changes they mentioned from the feedback they got on the alpha.

JeTmAn81

Looks like a Souls-style game with a samurai aesthetic. I'm getting the sense it will have the surface feel of Souls without the depth of character and environment design.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
MOMIJI <3.

I'LL COME HARD IF THE FINAL GAME HAS A RYU CAMEO AS WELL (or some of the Hajin-mon Ninja).

Maybe we could meet one his ancestors, like his great grandfather or something along those lines?

Looks like a Souls-style game with a samurai aesthetic. I'm getting the sense it will have the surface feel of Souls without the depth of character and environment design.

Guess you didn't play the demo or follow any info on it?

jayu26

We have already played it. It is its own game with a very unique take on souls formula. It's fucking awesome.

Raven117

The combat while familiar for a second, quickly becomes different in its depth. (Played the Alpha and was hooked...Im a big souls fan, but this...when you really start to dig, feels different).

JeTmAn81

We have already played it. It is its own game with a very unique take on souls formula. It's fucking awesome.

I haven't, hence why I wrote my opinion of the trailer and not the actual game. The trailer's unimpressive. No interesting humanoid characters, one mildly interesting boss. Game mechanics which seem derivative.

MUnited83

For you.
They've been pretty clear that the game is exclusive, but you never know nowadays, wouldn't hold onto it though.

Get your guns on! Dual wielding and guns confirmed hyped as hell!

It was announced as console exclusive so the possibility of a PC port is there.

At the very least I hope there's a PS4 Neo version, because the "cinematic mode" in the demo had dreadful framerate, and the "action mode" had awful IQ.

ps3ud0

Cant wait for the beta and the game - the alphas right up their for my GOTY and Im expecting the game to be one of the GOTG. Overly hyped for this...

ps3ud0 8)

Kudo

It was announced as console exclusive so the possibility of a PC port is there.

At the very least I hope there's a PS4 Neo version, because the "cinematic mode" in the demo had dreadful framerate, and the "action mode" had awful IQ.

From Team Ninjas very own YouTube channel:
Team Ninja Alpha Demo Trailer said:
We hope you enjoy this first glimpse into the world of Nioh, and look forward to hearing what you think about our game only on PlayStation 4.
Nioh - Alpha Demo Announcement Trailer said:
Developed exclusively for release on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system
NIOH - PSX Trailer said:
Koei Tecmo Games exclusively for the PlayStation®4 platform.
Doesn't leave much for imagination but like I said nothing concrete, also the way they announce the demo at the end of this new trailer is same as they did earlier.

I hope there'll be PS4 Neo support for it too even though I didn't have any problems playing it on Cinematic mode.

tcrunch

uqKFuF6.jpg

o thx friend

Top Bottom