• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh E3 trailer

Looks great, enjoyed the Alpha but didn't get a chance to beat it. Will definitely try the Beta, and check out those changes. Looks like a definite purchase from me.

ironcreed

Banned

2002.gif

ironcreed

Banned
TLOU? this isn't Day's Gone thread.

or am I missing something?

when_you_dont_get_the_joke-46607.gif

There has been some chatter about Sony's games all turning into The Last of Us in some way and I was making a joke, because the lineup is so varied that it makes my head spin. I even think that Days Gone is going to be a totally different experience.

tcrunch

Since I saw the trailer before it was taken down I can tell you the approximate sequence of events:

You, Geralt of Rivia, are charged with building a new city named Anor Londo. You have a select number of tax collectors or "gods" as they are colloquially known to represent you, some gargoyles and silver knights as a police force etc. Since this a gameplay trailer they head through an actual scenario, but it does not go well. Some of your gods become malcontent very early due to your habit of shooting down any dragon that approaches the city. You try to explain that if you did not, the dragons would burn down the city, but they say you are a greedy tyrant trying to keep your precious golden monument running at the expense of local wildlife. I mean technically this is true, it is a city simulator game- they show an alternate scenario where you let the dragons approach and you end up with a disaster scenario like Bowser in SimCity.

Anyway later on you get a random event roll that goes bad, and the mayor is assassinated and the sun goes out. The trailer stops there. I can't wait to see how you might escape a situation like this.

PS I searched the trailer on youtube and apparently there was a trailer for this game released back in 2005...yikes!

viHuGi

Banned
Persona V, Ni Oh, NieR, Gravity Rush 2, GT Sports lol

Sony even didn't show them at the press, such a crazy load of games wtf.

BadWolf

The game could have benefited from a showing at Sony's conference. A shame because it looks excellent.

Sony mostly showed new stuff or stuff we haven't seen much of before, the only noticeable exception was Horizon.

Nioh has been shown quite a bit at previous events and a lot of people have played the Alpha demo.

Top Bottom