• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

Yep, it depends.

W = m*g (W is the weight, m the mass of the object, and g gravitational acceleration)

For example, if you weighed 70 kg on Earth, you weight on the Moon will be only 11.55 kg.

kilogram (kg) isn't a unit of weight, it's a unit of mass. Weight is a force measured in Newtons (N). All matter has the same mass independent of the gravitational forces acting upon it. You would weigh (N) a different amount on the Moon as you would on the Earth, but you'd have the same mass (kg).

kilogram (kg) isn't a unit of weight, it's a unit of mass. Weight is a force measured in Newtons (N). All matter has the same mass independent of the gravitational forces acting upon it.

giphy.gif

Ansel is a screenshot-taking suite that is integrated into Nvidia GTX 1080 cards that allows you a range of screenshot taking options and tools in supported games. It can do tonal adjustments, vignettes, panoramas, and even VR-ready environment spheres. Probably one of the nicest features is that it can pause the game and let you move the camera wherever you want.

So very similar to photo mode in some PS4 titles? That's cool, but I assume it won't work on a 980ti?

Wow! Look at the mediocre graphics! It's incredible!

Let's see you make a game of this scale and scope with a skeleton crew for over 5 years and still have graphics as amazing as this.

You've got to walk a mile in another man's shoes, before you can criticize them for anything.

I doubt you could boil an egg properly.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This is a thread to celebrate and share discoveries. You can take in-depth carefully-articulated criticisms to the OT

Thanks for this! It's kind of bumming me out that this thread is turning into another general talk about NMS thread. I don't care if people's thoughts on the game are positive or negative, I just want people to share their screens and creatures and planets and what have you. This isn't an excuse to have another NMS discussion thread. It's for pretty pictures.

And yes, beauty is subjective. You can argue about the technical ways NMS succeeds or fails in another thread. I worried I posted the tread to early, but I have a feeling we'd be at this place anyway. :(

Ambient80

copy/paste the BBCode link

mbrEOQl.gif

it looks like this with no spaces.

url]

Well I feel silly. Every time I've tried recently (not in this thread but others) it always failed lol

When I have a bunch to post I'll toss them up! Looking forward to this being my new time vampire :D

Speely

Banned
Thank you SO much for the screenies, y'all. Making the wait till Friday a bit easier. Goddamn this game looks so hot and saturated, like kissing a late 70s/early 80s vixen with too much lipstick on, yet who can pull it off and still be classy as shit.

joecanada

Great thread that will last a long time I'm sure . Ok sorry for the ot but does anyone know how to view your posts or subscribe to thread on mobile gaf? This has bugged me for ages

Great thread that will last a long time I'm sure . Ok sorry for the ot but does anyone know how to view your posts or subscribe to thread on mobile gaf? This has bugged me for ages
Tools at the bottom to subscribe. You can also change your settings so you auto-subscribe when you post in a thread

To view your post. you need to switch to the desktop version

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yeah, you are all right. Sorry for the shitpost--should have known better.

I'm just so hugely underwhelmed by the look of the game. It just screams outdated and glued together to me.

Hope the game proves to be excellent regardless.
I'm anticipating it getting its exploration/gathering hooks in pretty fast. The graphics superficially aren't much to write home about from the looks but the scope just seems immense. Will be great.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Hm...maybe they should have went for the low poly look(like Grow Home). Each planet could still look unique and aesthetically pleasing but you wouldn't have the issue of 'ugly' textures. Either that or a Wind Waker style toon shading(to look like the art posted in the OP) could have worked more in the game's favor. It is a big game.

669bfee1869f23c434fbba60e519490a.jpg

UbWM540l.jpg

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, NMS looks fine

Not saying it looks terrible, but it definitely suffers from the issue that some recent games suffered from, where if you look past the blades of grass and nice lighting, the ground textures and also textures in the distance aren't holding up too well. The PC port can solve this but I'm curious as to how much it will solve.

Some of the shots here are already astonishing.

Can't wait to squeeze every TF out of my system to downsample this game to the infinity and beyond.

Teknoman

Yup, season 2 episode 11 (at least in UK) titled "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back"

Edit: some great shots in this thread, hopefully I'll have some of my own to share tomorrow

Knew it! Heh im gonna have to go on a Futurama marathon again one of these days...

Not saying it looks terrible, but it definitely suffers from the issue that some recent games suffered from, where if you look past the blades of grass and nice lighting, the ground textures and also textures in the distance aren't holding up too well. The PC port can solve this but I'm curious as to how much it will solve.
I think aesthetic, art style, and such always comes before graphical fidelity. Little things like textures not holding up are a non-issue for me at least when you get vistas like the ones in this thread

Also Astroneer has you covered on the low-poly side of things

It looks like garbage (the game graphically/visually, not knocking the screenshot itself). Let's not get ahead of our selves here.
I mean I agree, but it's pretty amazing if you reflect over your earliest gaming memories that this is something we can consider garbage. It's no Uncharted 4, but it's not going to distract me one bit either.

Top Bottom