• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Sephzilla

Ooo, what's the Del Rio excuse this time? Maybe a Unicorn gored him?

tumblr_nz1qq8A1Fd1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Caderfix

There was an issue with his flight.

At least he didn't get stabbed by a homeless guy. Or was it someone outside his restaurant? Or someone harassing Paige? He's said like a billion stories for how it happened.

He is the wrestling equivalent of Ryan Lochte, so it's probably all that combined and there were also ninjas.

Mahonay

Banned
That was a good match though... And I feel like they are still improving. But I can also understand fatigue. But what feud isn't fatiguing these days?

I'm just waiting for Sasha to stop crying every time she snags the hot potato.
It was a good match but didn't have the impact it should have had, if the booking hadn't been hot diarrhea for 90 percent of their main roster feud.

I feel like they really dropped the ball on not hitting the reset button like Smackdown did with the Women's Division feuds. It's been an uphill battle for the women on RAW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure nobody confronted Stevie about it back stage either

Nobody said shit to him and he freely admitted he did it. From what little you see about the locker rooms, its about respect and you kind of have to stand up to dudes like JBL. It's fucked up, but its a bit wild west, especially before they started really cleaning up wrestler conduct and welfare in the mid-2000s.

You really don't hear nearly as much about these locker room cancers these days. Guys like Reigns, Owens, etc. are squeaky clean compared to the dudes they had running around in the 90s.

Reason why I asked is because I saw Flair raising her hand. Did he betray Charlette?

The last time Ric appeared on television is when Charlotte accused him of being a shitty father and forced him to leave the ring in tears.

Mahonay

Banned
Speaking of feud burn out, while I was going through RAW I just skipped over the entirety of the New Day/Club match. You'd have to pay me at this point to watch them wrestle each other.

Hasney

Nobody said shit to him and he freely admitted he did it.

From what little you see about the locker rooms, its about respect and you kind of have to stand up to dudes like JBL. It's fucked up, but its a bit wild west, especially before they started really cleaning up wrestler conduct and welfare in the mid-2000s.

You really don't hear nearly as much about these locker room cancers these days. Guys like Reigns, Owens, etc. are squeaky clean compared to the dudes they had running around in the 90s.

Yeah, I think a few of the older guys have said there's a lot less competition and the boys would rather get along rather than play politics for spots. I mean, it makes sense in a way. No competition and you get paid the same downside regardless and since the guys running the show already know who they want to be big, why try that hard?

The ex-indie guys probably have a different approach since they clawed their way up various promotions to get there though. But even then, not the same thing.

Reason why I asked is because I saw Flair raising her hand. Did he betray Charlette?
The last time they met, Charlotte more or less told him to fuck off.

The real question is why Sasha is celebrating her women's title win with the same man who is the reason why she wasn't the first ever champ of it.

Mahonay

Banned
They had Flair come out to put her over since they were in North Carolina, Flair Country. Even tough the crowd booed the fuck out of Sasha when she did the strut during the match.

There didn't seem to be an immediate story implication for him to raise her hand. Because RAW.

Speaking of feud burn out, while I was going through RAW I just skipped over the entirety of the New Day/Club match. You'd have to pay me at this point to watch them wrestle each other.
The whole 'New Day have to defend every week' thing is just pure filler until Roadblock I believe when they will have the Demolition record beat and can drop the belts presumably to Sheamus and Cesaro.

Unless...they want the combined reign record beat, then we gotta wait until March.

Mahonay

Banned
The whole 'New Day have to defend every week' thing is just pure filler until Roadblock I believe when they will have the Demolition record beat and can drop the belts presumably to Sheamus and Cesaro.

Unless...they want the combined reign record beat, then we gotta wait until March.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

That only works if they turn New Day heel, and put over Cesaro and Sheamus as huge faces when they finally take the titles from them.

Kaladin

It sucks that breaking records is the only thing they protect champions for these days.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I think a few of the older guys have said there's a lot less competition and the boys would rather get along rather than play politics for spots. I mean, it makes sense in a way. No competition and you get paid the same downside regardless and since the guys running the show already know who they want to be big, why try that hard?

The ex-indie guys probably have a different approach since they clawed their way up various promotions to get there though. But even then, not the same thing.

Owens said on Jericho's podcast that he only ever really clashed with Vince over booking stuff once because Vince wanted him to do something he thought was really stupid for his character. Owens said he ended up caving, but that Vince was right and that the thing Owens was upset about wasn't actually a big deal.

The way I read it based on Jericho's books is that Vince is a weird dude and there are all sorts of strange things that will earn his respect as long as you aren't a total pain in the ass about it. Vince and Jericho seem like they really like each other, so who knows how accurate that is - both the way Jericho talks about Vince and the way Jericho's been booked suggests to me that Vince really likes Jericho.

If it's combined, then they don't need to hold the belts that long. They can drop them after beating the initial record, then they can get the belts back at a later date.

Anth0ny

Owens said on Jericho's podcast that he only ever really clashed with Vince over booking stuff once because Vince wanted him to do something he thought was really stupid for his character. Owens said he ended up caving, but that Vince was right and that the thing Owens was upset about wasn't actually a big deal.

The way I read it based on Jericho's books is that Vince is a weird dude and there are all sorts of strange things that will earn his respect as long as you aren't a total pain in the ass about it. Vince and Jericho seem like they really like each other, so who knows how accurate that is - both the way Jericho talks about Vince and the way Jericho's been booked suggests to me that Vince really likes Jericho.

i guess when you work for the guy for almost 20 years he starts to like you

unless you look like roman reigns

Recall

Stevie hit JBL with the most disgusting chairshot I've seen. JBL was concussed and left bleeding in the middle of the ring. All because JBL messed with "rookies" back stage, and the Blue Meanie incident ticked cool guy Stevie off.

To make things even better, according to Stevie "JBL had it coming.".

The tone of this post sounds like your taking JBL's side in all that?

The guy is a giant knobhead. He deserved to be the one get beat on for a change. JBL is notorious for his ways.

Mahonay

Banned

The guy is a giant knobhead. He deserved to be the one get beat on for a change. JBL is notorious for his ways.
JBL literally took advantage of people in the shower. He's a scumbag. He absolutely deserved the atom bomb of a chair shot Stevie gave him.

Angry Grimace

I mean, Stevie got away with it, but just actually whacking someone over the head with a steel chair and making no effort whatsoever to soften the blow (e.g. hitting them with the rolled edges) could fucking kill someone, especially if they don't know you're gonna do it.

Hasney

bwo.gif

I mean, Stevie got away with it, but just actually whacking someone over the head with a steel chair and making no effort whatsoever to soften the blow (e.g. hitting them with the rolled edges) could fucking kill someone, especially if they don't know you're gonna do it.

Considering the amount of unprotected chairshots in general back then, I assume everyone thought they could take it even if it hurt like a bitch.

Hasney

wtf why did the ratings go up last night

sasha and charlotte confirmed draws?

It opened pretty hot rating wise, so it's not just them, although they did well to hold onto the rating.

I guess there was literally nothing else on? Because why watch Raw otherwise?

Angry Grimace

bwo.gif

Considering the amount of unprotected chairshots in general back then, I assume everyone thought they could take it even if it hurt like a bitch.

Even if you're doing an unprotected chair shot you don't just whack the dude with any part of the chair you want, you have to at least get them with the flat, thin part of the chair where the seat is.

Recall

The Rock didn't kill Mankind.

We need all the gifs possible now...

Angry Grimace

The thing is, when the Rock is doing those, while they're certainly not safe, he's not bearing down with just any part of the chair - he's hitting him with the flat part and moves it sideways to slide it off of the head when he does it as opposed to just straight down slamming him with the top of the chair like Stevie did.

Hasney

Like, I know Shamrock probably asked him to do it like that, but fucking hell.

I know Angle said Lesnar concussed him too. Benoit told Brock to hit him on the side but Angle didn't tell Brock beforehand and he swung it like a baseball bat off his head.

Top Bottom