• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

ReiGun

Friend Batsie, why didn't you warn me about how addictive Total Divas is? This shit is garbage, but I can't stop watching it.

f1gw6UA.gif
Misawa's forearm. Goldberg's spear.

Nikki becoming a killer.

The thing is, when the Rock is doing those, while they're certainly not safe, he's not bearing down with just any part of the chair - he's hitting him with the flat part and moves it sideways to slide it off of the head when he does it as opposed to just straight down slamming him with the top of the chair like Stevie did.
True but the thing is that the JBL thing was a one-time thing unless Stevie has a history of chair-shots like that. At the same time he was provoked to be angry because his friend was hurt. Pretty much most of the Rock's chair-shots was always brutal and I highly doubt he did it because he had legit heat with every single opponent.

Fox318

wHQrraU.gif

6udpn.gif

I wouldn't want a shoot fight with the Rock.

Considering his backup plan had movies not worked out for him when WWE let him go was MMA training I wouldn't be shocked to see he would do ok.

Problem is his training as a bodybuilder would have him hurt anytime he tried training and the standard for whats passable even for a heavyweight as far as ground game was too high at that point.

plus his piss would burn through the cup.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
True but the thing is that the JBL thing was a one-time thing unless Stevie has a history of chair-shots like that. At the same time he was provoked to be angry because his friend was hurt. Pretty much most of the Rock's chair-shots was always brutal and I highly doubt he did it because he had legit heat with every single opponent.

All I'm saying is that while the Rock's shots look brutal, they aren't *actually* as brutal as what Stevie did, which was just legitimately bashing a dude over the head with a hunk of steel.

Recall

I know it's a huge fan favourite match but Triple H vs Rock ladder match at Summerslam 98 doesn't rock my world as much as it does for others.

Granted I'm watching it almost 20 years after the fact without all the context like I know how few and far between ladder matches were back then but it's just a good match with a ladder not this barn burner I had built up in my head it would be.

Summerslam 98 is one hell of a card, and Val and D'Lo have a pretty good opener that I was not expecting at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know it's a huge fan favourite match but Triple H vs Rock ladder match at Summerslam 98 doesn't rock my world as much as it does for others.

I don't know if it's a fan favorite so much as it is the match Triple H fans desperately cling to and say 'no see he's a good wrestler!!!!'

Granted I'm watching it almost 20 years after the fact without all the context like I know how few and far between ladder matches were back then but it's just a good match with a ladder not this barn burner I had built up in my head it would be.

Summerslam 98 is one hell of a card, and Val and D'Lo have a pretty good opener that I was not expecting at all.

It's a really good show top to bottom

ReiGun

I had to lure you into watching it somehow!

You gotta tell me, what's your favorite moment of the show from what you watched so far?
Summer Rae rolling up on Nattie's house and giving her the five finger discount. In fact, Summer in general is the best. I cried when she was teaming with Eva and started politicking to get a new partner. "She just sucks! 😕"

We can confirm that WWE officials are planning on “raiding” Ring of Honor in early 2017 as many ROH contracts are set to expire on December 31st.

Money talks and WWE is hoping that an increase in pay will attract a few key talents and convince them to jump ship. WWE realizes that ROH is going to have offer serious money if they want to keep certain wrestlers around, which they’ve already been forced to do over the past few years. At the same time, WWE is wary about upping the pay-scale for WWE NXT too much.

Top tag team The Young Bucks are said to be #1 on WWE’s list right now.

It’s been reported how WWE has signed Steve Corino to work as a trainer at the WWE Performance Center once his deal with ROH is up next month. There’s hope that Corino coming into the company will also help attract some of the other ROH talents. The bottom line is that ROH will not be able to re-sign every talent and word is that they did not try to match WWE’s offer to Corino as they felt they could save the money for one of the other contracts that come up next month.

As expected, Triple H is the driving force behind the talent acquisitions as he feels they need to continue replenishing the NXT roster, especially for expansion in 2017.

December and January should be a very interesting time for many ROH talents."
http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-ready-to-raid-roh-who-is-1-on-wwes-list-more-backstage-news/

Summer Rae rolling up on Nattie's house and giving her the five finger discount. In fact, Summer in general is the best. I cried when she was teaming with Eva and started politicking to get a new partner. "She just sucks! 😕"
Summer Rae is so good in that they pretty much have her be every stereotypical reality tv show. One of the first episodes I ever checked out was the one where Natalya stops the car when traveling to take Summer's stuff out and then fights her. Natalya vs Summer should be a shoot feud.

Summer's character in the show as the biggest bitch ever is also hilarious given that she's apparently one of the sweetest people ever in real life.

Zach

I was trying to find my thoughts on The Rock/Triple H SummerSlam '98 ladder match (I didn't love it, or SummerSlam '98 in general), but instead I found this quote from Arn Anderson:

"What, are you gonna pull up in a sports car, all smiles with pretty teeth? Brother, this is not a toothpaste commercial! It's professional wrestling!"

Amazing.

Recall

I was trying to find my thoughts on The Rock/Triple H SummerSlam '98 ladder match (I didn't love it, or SummerSlam '98 in general), but instead I found this quote from Arn Anderson:

"What, are you gonna pull up in a sports car, all smiles with pretty teeth? Brother, this is not a toothpaste commercial! It's professional wrestling!"

Amazing.

Did you like Souled Out 98? That is my favourite WCW PPV of 98.

I liked Superbrawl too.

Anth0ny

I expect WWE to raid the world and sign Young Bucks, Ospreay and Ricochet in January.

cause smackdown needs another tag team and the cruiserweights need some bodies for the new 205 live show

they might sign okada and skibata to nxt to sell some tickets when they go to japan

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would never want fun wrestlers like TYB and Adam Cole in WWE, but maybe they feel like there is nothing else to do, and the money will indeed be great.

Angry Grimace

I would never want fun wrestlers like TYB and Adam Cole in WWE, but maybe they feel like there is nothing else to do, and the money will indeed be great.

Last I had heard from Meltzer, he was ready to go until the issue with his contract came up and they even had supposedly told him he would get a run as NXT Champion.

Anth0ny

they need someone to replace joe and nakamura in nxt. those guys should be on main roster by night after mania.

wwe raids other companies. it's what they do. there was a report earlier this year that WWE discovered that okada was tall, and now they want him. i can see it happening.

i'm sure they are well aware of that osprey/ricochet match as well. these are guys that can carry NXT.

they need someone to replace joe and nakamura in nxt. those guys should be on main roster by night after mania.

wwe raids other companies. it's what they do. there was a report earlier this year that WWE discovered that okada was tall, and now they want him. i can see it happening.

i'm sure they are well aware of that osprey/ricochet match as well. these are guys that can carry NXT.

How can you carry something if you're flipping all over the place?

ReiGun

Summer Rae is so good in that they pretty much have her be every stereotypical reality tv show. One of the first episodes I ever checked out was the one where Natalya stops the car when traveling to take Summer's stuff out and then fights her. Natalya vs Summer should be a shoot feud.

Summer's character in the show as the biggest bitch ever is also hilarious given that she's apparently one of the sweetest people ever in real life.
But what's crazy is she isn't even that bad compared to, say, the Bellas. I was confused as hell the second season where she just showed up and everyone hated her, calling her a whore and whatnot.

General thoughts on the cast up to season 3:

The Bellas: I know everything is a work, but I'm starting to believe the Bellas are just legit unlikable people. And how many times Cena gotta tell ol girl he ain't marrying her or having no babies before she lets it go?

Cameron: I cringed at her using Brandy's brother for some paparazzi shine. Her boyfriend is an entertaining loser.

Natalya: You can tell management has a hard on for shitting on the Hart family. Nattie looks like a damn fool on the regular on this show. That episode with the painting was the worst example. Painting wasn't even that bad, but the Bellas spent the whole episode shitting on her and it.

And TJ is clearly over it. Man showed more passion over Cameron losing their cat than anything with his wife.

Eva Marie: When she fucked up 3MB's entrance.... Bruh. I cried. Jinder Mahaal looked ready to shoot while Heath was in the background just cheesing. Overall, it's clear she's only there for this show. She gets all the stereotypical reality shit and the show pretty much exposed she can't do anything on actual WWE shows.

Naomi: Still bae. Fuck Jimmy Uso. Shame poor girl still hasn't gotten that title run.

I also appreciate the editing involved in making it look like people cared about the Divas division in 2012-2014. So weird to hearing people cheering knowing how deadly quiet the crowds really were.

Top Bottom