• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I know it's a huge fan favourite match but Triple H vs Rock ladder match at Summerslam 98 doesn't rock my world as much as it does for others.

It was the Rock's star making match, first time he started to get the fans on his side. 'Rocky Sucks' chants turned into 'Rocky' chants the minute he hit the People's Elbow on the ladder despite him being the heel at the time.

Then by Breakdown 98, the rocket was strapped.

But what's crazy is she isn't even that bad compared to, say, the Bellas. I was confused as hell the second season where she just showed up and everyone hated her, calling her a whore and whatnot.

General thoughts on the cast up to season 3:

The Bellas: I know everything is a work, but I'm starting to believe the Bellas are just legit unlikable people. And how many times Cena gotta tell ol girl he ain't marrying her or having no babies before she lets it go?

Cameron: I cringed at her using Brandy's brother for some paparazzi shine. Her boyfriend is an entertaining loser.

Natalya: You can tell management has a hard on for shitting on the Hart family. Nattie looks like a damn fool on the regular on this show. That episode with the painting was the worst example. Painting wasn't even that bad, but the Bellas spent the whole episode shitting on her and it.

And TJ is clearly over it. Man showed more passion over Cameron losing their cat than anything with his wife.

Eva Marie: When she fucked up 3MB's entrance.... Bruh. I cried. Jinder Mahaal looked ready to shoot while Heath was in the background just cheesing. Overall, it's clear she's only there for this show. She gets all the stereotypical reality shit and the show pretty much exposed she can't do anything on actual WWE shows.

Naomi: Still bae. Fuck Jimmy Uso. Shame poor girl still hasn't gotten that title run.

I also appreciate the editing involved in making it look like people cared about the Divas division in 2012-2014. So weird to hearing people cheering knowing how deadly quiet the crowds really were.
To me, I think the Bellas thing is just a work if only because I've seen enough stuff of them with fans or heard stories that they seem like cool enough people. Although Brie and Daniel both give me the vibe they are legitimately insane ecosystem people. I find it depressingly hilarious on the long-term storyline of Nikki Bella's desperation for marriage and a child.

Also this is probably a bit of a shoot but Bryan definitely gives me the vibe he can be a huge asshole in real life.

Cameron's boyfriend I have seen people say he looks like the main character from Despicable Me and I can't unsee it. But he eventually just stops appearing since I guess they broke up.

I find Eva sort of weirdly likable so long as they don't touch much on the wrestling aspect of her life. Jonathon has been a favorite ever since this one scene where he has like a giant-ass chicken on his plate to eat.

Fuck Jimmy Uso.
JIMMY IS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW! Him asking about Nattie's cat is a top five moment. Naomi is probably the only really likable one of the main Divas because she avoids the drama.

If you look closely they sometimes try selling stuff like Main Event and Superstars matches as if they were on Raw.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow. The New Day are still the champs, huh?

No winder you guys complain about WWE so much, that must be boring af.

Hasney

Wow. The New Day are still the champs, huh?

No winder you guys complain about WWE so much, that must be boring af.

mercedes-w07-f1_3419147.jpg

Also I'm pretty sure the fact Brie Bella's theme is used as music in between scenes in Total Divas like four times an episode is why I genuinely like it while it seems most people find it really annoying.

cordy

Banned
New Day's turning heel but the main reason they're champs is because they're actually going to surpass Demolition's record and be the longest reigning tag team in WWF/E history. As a black man, having 3 guys be the longest reigning champions in this company's history is amazing to me. I love us being represented. Hell, they're sorta lame now but the good news is that I think they know that and it's part of their turn.

Also, another fun fact: Kofi's been tag champion 799 days in his entire WWE career. If you want to know an even crazier stat for Kofi, this next one was as of early August.

If you turn on WWE programming to any random day within the last 5 years, there is about a 40% chance that Kofi Kingston is the tag team champion. Kofi won his first WWE Tag Team Championship with Evan Bourne on August 22nd 2011 (about 1800 days ago). Since that day Kofi has held the title 4 different times for a combined 687+ days.

That's insane. Kofi deserves it man.

New Day's turning heel but the main reason they're champs is because they're actually going to surpass Demolition's record and be the longest reigning tag team in WWF/E history. As a black man, having 3 guys be the longest reigning champions in this company's history is amazing to me. I love us being represented. Hell, they're sorta lame now but the good news is that I think they know that and it's part of their turn.

Also, another fun fact: Kofi's been tag champion 799 days in his entire WWE career. If you want to know an even crazier stat for Kofi, this next one was as of early August.

If you turn on WWE programming to any random day within the last 5 years, there is about a 40% chance that Kofi Kingston is the tag team champion. Kofi won his first WWE Tag Team Championship with Evan Bourne on August 22nd 2011 (about 1800 days ago). Since that day Kofi has held the title 4 different times for a combined 687+ days.

For once we can cheer brother!

Now just make Big E the universal champion and I'll be even more satisfied. I actually don't mind new day going heel again simply because they were at the top of their game at that point. Maybe they could do that and have them drop the titles to that one face tag team on RAW....

THE GOLDEN TRUTH!

MG310

Plus another 47 days of having the Raw tag titles with CM Punk

cordy

Banned

Now just make Big E the universal champion and I'll be even more satisfied. I actually don't mind new day going heel again simply because they were at the top of their game at that point. Maybe they could do that and have them drop the titles to that one face tag team on RAW....

THE GOLDEN TRUTH!
Plus another 47 days of having the Raw tag titles with CM Punk

What's even wilder is that he's also held the US (209 days) and IC (266 days) belts. Imagine all the time he's spent in this company holding a title of some sort. In-sane.

And yeah I think Big E needs to become a world champion. Even draft him to SD or something, whatever works. I can see them going heel and then having a breakup like maybe 8-12 months into it, who knows. I do think they're dropping the titles to Sheamus/Cesaro though. Definitely.

I expect WWE to raid the world and sign Young Bucks, Ospreay and Ricochet in January.

cause smackdown needs another tag team and the cruiserweights need some bodies for the new 205 live show

they might sign okada and skibata to nxt to sell some tickets when they go to japan

They can't sign Ospreay. He's in the middle of his NJPW deal which I think was 2 years. Ricochet just signed full-time with NJPW, IIRC.

From what was previously reported Adam Cole was ready to jump ship until ROH insisted his contract was extended due to a period of injury, and then in order to entice him further from bailing they threw their belt on him.

Meltzer seems to believe Cole will be gone to NXT/WWE as soon as possible. That was going to be now, but his injury extended his contract so it expires in April.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait...what WhatCulture wrestling thing is legit? thats a lot of known names on that card

ReiGun

To me, I think the Bellas thing is just a work if only because I've seen enough stuff of them with fans or heard stories that they seem like cool enough people. Although Brie and Daniel both give me the vibe they are legitimately insane ecosystem people. I find it depressingly hilarious on the long-term storyline of Nikki Bella's desperation for marriage and a child.

Also this is probably a bit of a shoot but Bryan definitely gives me the vibe he can be a huge asshole in real life.

Cameron's boyfriend I have seen people say he looks like the main character from Despicable Me and I can't unsee it. But he eventually just stops appearing since I guess they broke up.

I find Eva sort of weirdly likable so long as they don't touch much on the wrestling aspect of her life. Jonathon has been a favorite ever since this one scene where he has like a giant-ass chicken on his plate to eat.

JIMMY IS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW! Him asking about Nattie's cat is a top five moment. Naomi is probably the only really likable one of the main Divas because she avoids the drama.

If you look closely they sometimes try selling stuff like Main Event and Superstars matches as if they were on Raw.
Oh it's only fuck Jimmy Uso because I'm hating over Naomi. Beyond that, dude is the best. lol

I got that vibe from Bryan from Talking Smack, tbh. Notice how different he acts when someone he respects like Cena or AJ are on vs when some younger talent is on. Bryan definitely can be a smug asshole on here though. And that drama he caused with Summer was unnecessary.

And yeah, Eva is cool. Bit of an airhead, but that's par for the course on these types of shows. Her family ain't shit, tho.

What's even wilder is that he's also held the US (209 days) and IC (266 days) belts. Imagine all the time he's spent in this company holding a title of some sort. In-sane.

And yeah I think Big E needs to become a world champion. Even draft him to SD or something, whatever works. I can see them going heel and then having a breakup like maybe 8-12 months into it, who knows. I do think they're dropping the titles to Sheamus/Cesaro though. Definitely.
Hell they should hissy keep the free bird rule going on for everyone or their titles imo. Kinda like how Booker had Finlay fight for him and defend his title against Lashley, I think it was.

Recall

THE GOLDEN TRUTH!

Heels are cool. We cheer cool things.

Didn't you get the memo?

cordy

Banned
Hell they should hissy keep the free bird rule going on for everyone or their titles imo. Kinda like how Booker had Finlay fight for him and defend his title against Lashley, I think it was.

It would be nice. Also, even if it is annoying to some, I wouldn't mind if New Day cheated to win a world titles and then uses the Freebird Rules. Gives us 3 new black world champions so we can stop that whole "well Rock ain't "really" black so he doesn't count, the WWE doesn't have a black w-nah bruh Booker ain't it that was a secondary-" thing going on.

Heels are cool. We cheer cool things.

Didn't you get the memo?
I think most people just complain because they have nothing else to do. They're still good as faces but I'm in the minority(double entendre) and still like them.

It would be nice. Also, even if it is annoying to some, I wouldn't mind if New Day cheated to win a world titles and then uses the Freebird Rules. Gives us 3 new black world champions so we can stop that whole "well Rock ain't "really" black so he doesn't count, the WWE doesn't have a black w-nah bruh Booker ain't it that was a secondary-" thing going on.

"B b but they're not built strong! They're not winning clean!"

I tell you their heel tactics of winning are almost the equivalent of jbl somehow squeaking by and winning every match in 04-05.

But yeah ,that was one of my arguments earlier this year. They could make history having four black guys as their top champion. Even though Rock is a black guy but wwe picks and chooses his race when they want to. On tv he's samoan and nothing else but on the collections he's black.

Nekofrog

Banned
Currently in August 2002 in our run through raw and smackdown. The three minute warning segments are so good. Everything looks absolutely brutal, that poor Minidust...

Also, bischoff is the best gm character so far.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned The Young Bucks have been offered new Ring of Honor contracts … and this time, the company wants to lock them down for a few years.

Sources close to the situation tell us Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson were recently presented with awesome new contracts to stay with ROH and they’re currently mulling it over.

As we previously reported … the brothers signed a deal with the company last year that also allowed them to work for NJPW, PWG and overseas companies that didn’t interfere with ROH.

It’s expected that the Jacksons will make a formal announcement in the near future, but we’re told they do have other offers on the table right now. Their current deals expire December 31st.

Stay tuned.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/yo...ontracts-roh/#.WD8_s6IrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Barrage

My Christmas wish for 2017 is please no Bucks in WWE, please no Omega. There's only so much flipflop NWO ripoffs I can stand. They're embarassing.

cordy

Banned
I think most people just complain because they have nothing else to do. They're still good as faces but I'm in the minority(double entendre) and still like them.

"B b but they're not built strong! They're not winning clean!"

I tell you their heel tactics of winning are almost the equivalent of jbl somehow squeaking by and winning every match in 04-05.

But yeah ,that was one of my arguments earlier this year. They could make history having four black guys as their top champion. Even though Rock is a black guy but wwe picks and chooses his race when they want to. On tv he's samoan and nothing else but on the collections he's black.

That's what I think as well. Giving them a world title would really bring the 3 more over and pushed black men in this company since, hell, Rock maybe? I don't know who else who's a black guy who's been pushed like this, their title record speaks for itself. Kofi deserves it. Big E would be a great world champion and as for Xavier? I mean might as well. You can't say "well they don't push blacks" anymore when you'd got Sasha and New Day who are all world champions. I also made that comment about Rock as well multiple times. As a kid you couldn't tell me he wasn't black but they just never called him black. Even though he was on a song with Wyclef, even though he dressed black, the just always said Samoan.

Top Bottom