• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that SF4 age is over, who was the best SF4 player?

First of all, Capcom Cup results:

1. Kazunoko
2. Daigo
3. Xian
4. Poongko
5. Snake Eyez
5. Misse
7. Keoma
7. Infiltration

9. Itabashi Zangief
9. HumanBomb
9. Tokido
9. Luffy
13. NuckleDu
13. Shiro
13. Gamerbee
13. Mago

17. Problem X
17. Fuudo
17. Valmaster
17. Tonpy
17. Dakou
17. Dashio
17. Xiao Hai
17. Momochi

25. RB
25. Dark Jiewa
25. Nemo
25. Gackt
25. Justin Wong
25. Dieminion
25. Bonchan
25. 801 Strider

Now, SF4 has gone on for 7 years, with a lot of fierce competition, and amazing moments, and it will be remembered surely, even though it is very controversial in some aspects. Now, with SFV creeping up on us, who is the best SF4 player?

It has to be Daigo. So dominant for so long.

Actually, I'm not sure what you mean. Who is currently the best player or the GOAT?

Paltheos

I wanna say Daigo. I'm confident to say that in any long-set format. In short-set... I don't know. It almost seems to vary day by day.

Subaru

THE best I don't know, but here is an awesome group of players:

Daigo, Poongko, Xian, Tokido, Infiltration and Gamerbee.

Daigo or Momochi are the only two that I would consider for that title. It's hard to look past either of them over the 7/8 year period the game has been played for.

petghost

Banned
think its between maybe infiltration and daigo.

but in reality there were a couple dudes that dominated for a bit over the years.

RobNBanks

Banned
Daigo. Some players had better highs but Daigo has been a top player since the game released. It's hard to argue against consistency like that.

Infiltration runner up. Another player who has been consistent for a long time while having pocket characters on top of pocket characters. Bringing out someone like Hakan when he was thought of a joke character against PR Rog at EVO, then proceeding to make Rog look free.

Daigo, Xian or Infiltration.

Daigo: Most consistent
Xian: best last few years
Infil: best individual year

If Daigo had won that he would have been the best of all time no question in my mind though because I am an idiot.

I'd actually go for Xian. He didn't always get the win but was amazingly consistent throughout the toughest years of the game (the later ones).

Shun

Sakonoko was the greatest winner of them all. #Ibuki
CSsdFUZUsAA3CxT.jpg

MrDaravon

Overall I'd say Daigo, although you could probably make arguments for a couple other players. Infiltration and Xian are not too far behind IMO.

crash-14

Daigo, then Infil, then Xian.

After that, you can pretty much argue many things imo.

Btw. I love Gamerbee, but not winning 1 big event should not allow him to be even top 5. I'll put Momochi 4 and Fuudo 5th due his AE rally and been able to back it up with some important results the next 2 years.

I'm just gonna post my top 10

1. Daigo
2. Infil
3. Xian
4. Momochi
5. Fuudo
6. Sako
7. Gamerbee
8. Bonchan
9. Kazunoko
10. Luffy

Top Bottom