• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that SF4 age is over, who was the best SF4 player?

Infil didn't came out until 201 but he made top 3 at EVO 2010 and won many dreamhacks...

Ryan Hart could be 2nd, but since Rose came into SF, Luffy has been dominating the scene with him. Since 2013 (Yeah before Luffy's victory at EVO) that the french raised on top of everyone.

yeah but I'm judging the whole timeline of SF4, not just the start and end of somebody's SF4 career.

So by that standard, I still think Infiltration doesn't qualify, just on the mere fact that he started late. I already talked about what are the current standing of top players and infiltration is there. But for the whole lifespan of the game? No he wasn't there for the first 3 years.

Ryan hart has been relevant all up until this past year since 2009. Luffy started later.

Tokido is so incredibly underrated. Dude gets top 8 almost where ever he goes.

crash-14

I'm gonna make the next questions:

- Does it matter how long the player has been around instead of how dominant he's been during the time he's been on the scene?
- 2009-2010 days have the same weight as 2015?

Cuz I think some people are saying that Westbrook it's better than Curry cuz he's been around and been relevant more time than the last one...

Daigo for the first 2-3 years, Infiltration for the next 2-3 years, Momochi for the last year and a half. those are the only three that really stood out to me as being on the top of the mountain. Fuudo, Xian, Gamerbee, Luffy and Tokido have had their moments too but those three were the only ones that I could point to as being the clear #1 for an extended period of time.

I'm gonna make the next questions:

- Does it matter how long the player has been around instead of how dominant he's been during the time he's been on the scene?
- 2009-2010 days have the same weight as 2015?

Cuz I think some people are saying that Westbrook it's better than Curry cuz he's been around and been relevant more time than the last one...

I think those are 2 separate issues. Who is the strongest now is a different question then who was the most dominant during the lifespan of a game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
yeah but I'm judging the whole timeline of SF4, not just the start and end of somebody's SF4 career.

So by that standard, I still think Infiltration doesn't qualify, just on the mere fact that he started late. I already talked about what are the current standing of top players and infiltration is there. But for the whole lifespan of the game? No he wasn't there for the first 3 years.

3rd place at EVO 2010.

In America alone, I'd put Dieminion, PR Rog, and Snake Eyes over Justin. Maybe NuckleDu as well.

Don't really feel qualified to comment on Europe one way or another.

Those players over Justin right now? Easily. Over the 7 years? Different argument altogether. PR Rog is a fair argument though.

crash-14

I think those are 2 separate issues. Who is the strongest now is a different question then who was the most dominant during the lifespan of a game.

So you'll put Westbrook on top of Curry as one of the best NBA players?

I don't think it's any different.

If someone achieve better result in a shorter time than other (in the SFIV case, with more competition), he's definitely on top of other guy that has been relevant 4 years but his results can't even compare.

In my opinion Snake Eyez dominating US scene for the last 2 years has more weight than Justin been relevant 2-3 years with less competition and play level. Specially when Justin clearly has fall apart (Just the last few months he really could be considered on of the top). If we speak about PR Rog then an statement can be made, cuz PR has been on top of the top always despite not dominating like Snake has.

It's like that debate that was around when ZeRo had that 50 whatever tournament streak and some people compared with Justin's in MvC2. Not dismissing Justin achieve, but 1 year in tournaments with hundreds and even thousands of competitors tops it for me.

Btw, With your Ryan Hart Argument you're saying that 2009-2014 (And I'm being generous with you) top's 2010-2015 despite the fact that in the periods they've been together one has been extreamly more dominant (Even outside of his region).

miku

Daigo Umehara

psydbwP.gif

Top Bottom