• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia's "Super Secret" Live stream - how the grinch stole AMD's christmas

Didn't look like PS3 to me, art looked different. I might be wrong though. But why would they use the PS3 controller on PC?

Not sure, but it can be as easy as using a xbox controller. The weird thing is that it would actually change the icons to the PS3 ones.

Yeah, or they might be using the PS4 controller, but that still would be a bit weird.

Physx can run on either the CPU or GPU. For best results you'll probably want both a monster CPU and SLI to offload physx onto the 2nd GPU. BF4 is already pretty punishing on i7 4-6 core CPUs.

I'm almost certain CPU PhysX still runs like crap.. especially compared to GPU. And GPU PhysX only works on half the PCs being used, the Nvidia half.
I remember a few years ago, turning on PhysX for Batman: AA, purely out of curiosity of how it would run on an HD 5850.. and the game became completely unplayable. The framerate fell from 60fps (locked) to like 10fps. I guess things may have changed, although I highly doubt it..

Didn't look like PS3 to me, art looked different. I might be wrong though. But why would they use the PS3 controller on PC?

They wouldn't and they probably don't. My point is it's an internal build, probably with debug options enabled, it can show whatever icons they have set it up to do. This isn't the retail build :p

Grief.exe

I could care less about this Batman presentation personally.

I'm not saying its a bad game or anything, just would rather hear about more PC news.

Nethaniah

I could care less about this Batman presentation personally.

I'm not saying its a bad game or anything, just would rather hear about more PC news.

Same here, game will probably be alright, but in the end it's another arkham game with Nvidia effects, kinda boring.

They wouldn't and they probably don't. My point is it's an internal build, probably with debug options enabled, it can show whatever icons they have set it up to do. This isn't the retail build :p

Definitely, we can't make proper conclusions from this. Would be great to have a push for DS4 support on PC though. That controller looks sweet.

Grief.exe

The voice actor for Batman sounds horrible.

Its not Kevin Conroy right?

Oh God, sorry, but OH GOD.

Could you elaborate here?

For all intensive purposes, it doesn't really matter.

ibnKwogMt3xqt9.png

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I thought this Nvidia presentation was about new technology and PC features....

Batman walkthrough :|

Naminator

Banned
Why are people complaining about games being shown?

We already saw a bunch of cool technical stuff, how much more can be shown? And it's not like anyone promised a new GFX lineup or something.

I actually like this stream :) I already pre-orderd batman Origins and watching the stream now just makes me want to play Arkham City right now.

But hey I guess thats what happens when you actually care about GAMES.

-SD-

Banned
Why are people complaining about games being shown?
No one is complaining about games being shown per se, it just that this being a TECH event, the demos should be WAY more tech oriented. Gameplay demos are dime a dozen, pure tech demos, sadly not so much.

Top Bottom