• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008-2009 MLB Offseason Thread of Billy Beane mocking Qwerty for 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

I wonder how the player will be for us international viewers. 3 years ago it used to show the local commercials which I loved, but then 2 years ago they just started cutting to black in complete silence which really sucks when you are sitting in bed at 4am watching your team and theres a pitcher change and you are sitting in silent pitch black for 2 minutes, then last year they had musak play with "BREAK IN PLAY" and the same 3 ted penny (or something) commercial play over and over.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Citi is really nice IMO.

The SD camera at NYS is shit...you get 1 and 1/2 ads on the backstop and then random blue. It's horrible....

Y2Kev

Behind the plate camera at NYS is busted. It is behind the net. It's totally unusable. Gonna need something new.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Y2Kev said:
Behind the plate camera at NYS is busted. It is behind the net. It's totally unusable. Gonna need something new.
:lol yeah, pretty stupid of them.

Windu said:
edit 3: heh, playing around with the picture and picture, the Yankee broadcast is up (just says game is coming soon), works great.

I'm bootleg with Braves audio and Mets video in FF and Yanks are in IE.

Y2Kev

Citi has the same problem. WTF is up with this? Use a transparent material or something.

citicamera.png

Windu

Big-E said:
Murphy has not looked good in left field for his first time in Citi. Needs to work on this a lot.
Just the first time playing in Citi, I'm sure you will see alot of weird routes in the outfield this year by players....or it could be that he sucks.

mYm|17|

kaz hasn't done too bad versus philly today, he's got his slider working

edit: damn joyce is gonna be a good pickup and navi with a rbi

That's a sexy stadium. My only issue is not enough blue on the wall, and I hope there isn't a Miroku-like wind tunnel in the place like in Cincy.
Official 2009 MLB Regular Season Thread of Anime Discussion
YES YES OH GOD YES!!!

painey

holy foooooook! I just installed nextdef plugin and im now watching in HD!! phenomenal.. a few years back it wasnt even in widescreen let alone HD!

Oxx

I can't seem to get the nexdef plugin to work.

Good thing I found that out before I subscribed to the Premium package.

eznark said:
Baseball Prospectus (it's not pretty):

#18: Milwaukee Brewers (79-83, 756 RS, 761 RA). Last year's team returns down half a starting pitcher, as Yovani Gallardo slides into Ben Sheets' slot and no one replaces CC Sabathia. So why such a big decline? The bullpen, shaky a year ago, looks even worse today, although I do like the idea of Carlos Villanueva throwing 110 innings in relief. The seven-righties-and-Prince plan doesn't seem any better in the lineup today than it has the past two years, and while the defense is better than it was in 2007, it's certainly not good. If I'm off here, it's on the high side.

Joe Sheehan just fisted Milwaukee's collective asshole

Sheehan is probably the BP writer that I respect the least. I forget what comment he made, but it was stunning in its ignorance, and since then I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Yes, the lineup is the same, but we can reasonably expect better years from most of our players. Fielder, Hart, Braun, and Hardy should have comparable or better years. Weeks either stays his mediocre self or he gets better. Kendall will probably remain a shitty offensive player, Hall doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, so let's say he remains a shitty offensive player. Cameron will probably be the same, although it's likely he will regress some. Overall, I would expect a slightly better offense than last year.

As for defense, the Brewers were ranked #12 in MLB last year according to UZR. I think Weeks will improve with Randolph's help, and Fielder will improve because he's slimmed down. Anyway, #12+ in defense, I would say that's "good."

Now, the bullpen, which according to Joe was "shaky" last year, actually was #10 in MLB last year in ERA. And how in the hell does it look even worse? Hoffman is an upgrade over Gagne. Stetter is comparable to Shouse. Villanueva will be in the BP the whole season, where he had like a 2.x era last year. Mclung is a wildcard but it look's like he's putting it together. Mark DeFelice is a sleeper and I expect BIG things from him. Check out his K/BB in the minors it's insane. Coffey was a great waiver pick-up, he'll be a steal for us. Riske looks like shit, but we'll see, his career numbers are quite good when healthy. Jorge Julio will be gone when Hoffman comes off the DL.

Starting pitching is the ONLY thing I question about this club, and even that I think is being underestimated.

I can't wait for the season to start so the Brewers can start proving these "experts" wrong.

Jon

Wow, NextDef is pretty nice. We bought my pop-pop the MLB video package a few years ago so he could watch all his Cardinals games. However, the quality sucked so bad he downgraded mid-season to just the audio. This would actually make it worth it.

Fatalah

jman2050 said:
Raise your hand if you're tired of Michael Kay.

And to think the season hasn't even started yet.

I get tired of Kay too, but when he's not around, I miss him. He's just one of those guys you want to hear from, he has a way of laying out the situation.

Plus, his relationship with Paul just kills me. I love them as a duo. Cone and Flaherty just get in the way with all their fancy analysis. Who needs that when Kay's talking about Paulie's appetite! I love it!

Still-- It's sad to say but turning to SNY is like a breath of fresh air. Man do they have a good on-air team.

Windu

Fatalah said:
Still-- It's sad to say but turning to SNY is like a breath of fresh air. Man do they have a good on-air team.
Yeah their crew is great, probably my second favorite besides my Home team stuff.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
Rodriguez strikes him out!!! Mets win first game ever at Citi Field!!!

KRodCard.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRG2530rwI
You won thanks to rain. Besides we weren't even taking the game seriously and almost beat you with our spring training gear. I would have loved to see the new alternate or road jerseys...it actually bothered me as all the other teams playing at least in NY were in full uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom