• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008-2009 MLB Offseason Thread of Billy Beane mocking Qwerty for 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Last post about Fatty, boy is he ripping Matt Leinart a new one, must of had money on the game. :lol

"Here comes Mista Playboy." This dude knows the ins and outs of the Cards/Seahawks game, wtf cares.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
At least he isn't talking about "MattyIce" for 20 minutes before he explains he is talking about Matt Ryan. Because he doesn't say anything descriptive about football or anything.

No "MattyIce passed to X and it was a beautiful pass." More like, "This guy is cool. This guy is calm. I would like to look at his naked body and admire his male figure."

LJ11

Matty Ice, I missed that one. :lol

Edit: I just remembered the interview he did with Fatman Scoop the day after the Plaxico incident. Holy shit, hysterical. He ended the interview with "Fatman, holla at me wheneva you want." :lol

Short Youtube Clip

firex said:
I honestly troll NFL threads, or just post irrelevant updates about the terrible Bengals games in there that nobody reads. there's no real point to it otherwise.

which is funny because I originally started posting in OT due to NFL GAF.

I read them, Firex. I read them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
If they go through with that, I'm officially done with the Mets. What a horrible, god awful move that would be.

Fatalah

Link said:
If they go through with that, I'm officially done with the Mets. What a horrible, god awful move that would be.

What's the angle with that trade anyway? Let's say the Mets are trying to unload Castillo somehow. What kind of unloading would that be when you're picking up a .189 batter?

Link

The Autumn Wind
No clue, especially since it means benching Church, which makes even less sense. Church was a machine when he was healthy last year. The only sense I can make of it (which still isn't much), is they'd unload Castillo and then flip Jones. Though I can't see Jones commanding much more than Castillo would in terms of a trade.

Y2Kev

Link said:
No clue, especially since it means benching Church, which makes even less sense. Church was a machine when he was healthy last year. The only sense I can make of it (which still isn't much), is they'd unload Castillo and then flip Jones. Though I can't see Jones commanding much more than Castillo would in terms of a trade.
Okay, I would want Church to play too, but this was like .0004% of the time.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He was batting well over .300 until the concussion he suffered at the end of May. That's nearly 1/3 of the season.

Mind you, I still think Andruw couldn't possibly have fallen off so fast, so young, and that he could bounce back and return to some semblance of the awesome player he was even 2 years ago...

...but unless the Dodgers are eating that salary and sending him over for almost nothing, this would be an epically poor trade for the Mets. I can't even wish that on them, it's so bad.

LJ11

Church was healthy down the stretch and he was a machine, a strikeout machine. We're still not sure what Church is. That said, it's Olney and he's rarely on point with anything Mets related. I'll do anything at this point to get rid of Castillo, we still owe him $20m or so.

Link

The Autumn Wind
LJ11 said:
Church was healthy down the stretch and he was a machine, a strikeout machine.
He was on and off the DL so often with post-concussion effects, I'm not so sure how healthy he ever was after that. I'll hold off judgment until next season, though.

LJ11

Link said:
He was on and off the DL so often with post-concussion effects, I'm not so sure how healthy he ever was after that. I'll hold off judgment until next season, though.

Definitely, he's a question mark going into the season.

Fatalah

Church was the best thing going for the Mets in the beginning of the season. It was exciting to watch. Goddamn concussion ruined everything for the guy, I hope he's back to form next season.

As for this possible Jones acquisition, I don't think Minaya would pull something off like this unless he had good motive. I mean, he's not the Clippers GM obtaining Zach Randolph... although that HAS panned out pretty nicely for the Clips... hmm...

PS--- THIS WAS MY 5,000th POST! Wow! I can't believe how far I've come!

Joe

Right-hander Yadel Marti, Cuba's best pitcher in the first World Baseball Classic in 2006, and outfielder Yasser Gomez left the island and are in an unknown location before attempting to reach the Dominican Republic to seek an MLB career, sources told ESPNdeportes.com.

Joe said:
Right-hander Yadel Marti, Cuba's best pitcher in the first World Baseball Classic in 2006, and outfielder Yasser Gomez left the island and are in an unknown location before attempting to reach the Dominican Republic to seek an MLB career, sources told ESPNdeportes.com.
I bet Brian Seignum uses a super-effective money technique to sign both of them. He might use his Blue Pokemon to do it.

Fatalah

Joe said:

$10 bucks Omar Minaya inflated the raft with his own lips.

firex

The Frankman said:
I bet Brian Seignum uses a super-effective money technique to sign both of them. He might use his Blue Pokemon to do it.
ok this meme is already unfunny, just like the "Qwerty is Triumph" meme.

Ryan Church hasn't been the same since the concussion and I don't think he will be... I watched him a lot down the stretch and the troubling thing is he appeared to have no idea of the strike zone, not to mention he looked tired. For a guy who missed so many games that's not good. If the Mets want a righty bat I'd rather call up Martinez in June (which I bet they'll do) than take on Andru. Unless it's a trade for Castillo and Dodgers eat some salary I don't see the merit in this.

Now if it IS for Castillo and we acquire Hudson it's a good move. Why?

1) Mets finally acquire a 3rd good defensive outfielder to complement Beltran/Church
2) Church can get rest while the Tatis/Murphy platoon in left is preserved (don't want to put two inexperienced outfielders out there at the same time)
3) ... Andru CAN'T be that bad. If Mets can turn him into a .260/15 HR/70 RBI guy it's a steal. And remember Mets have Jerry Manuel, who'll go gangsta on Jones if he pulls anything.
firex said:
ok this meme is already unfunny, just like the "Qwerty is Triumph" meme.
What meme? Most of PoliticalGAF knows Qwerty is Triumph already, where have YOU been?

RBH

Fatalah said:
jzjrb9.gif

LJ11

Frank, go look at Church's splits, he's a streaky hitter. He'll have a streak of good at bats, followed by a steak of bad abs. I don't think Church's play down the stretch is an indication of anything that the organization didn't know prior to making the deal.

Martinez is a lefty Frank, for shame.

Edit: Our right handed power bat will be Flores, keeping my fingers crossed, but he's a year or two away.

eznark

Banned
I read your posts, firex. I am marrying into a Bengals family so the pain is interesting to me.

(Also, I have off this week and I just watched all of season 1 of the Wire essentially in 1 sitting. This is the third time...I am pathetic)

eznark said:
I read your posts, firex. I am marrying into a Bengals family so the pain is interesting to me.

(Also, I have off this week and I just watched all of season 1 of the Wire essentially in 1 sitting. This is the third time...I am pathetic)

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

LJ11 said:
Martinez is a lefty Frank, for shame.
I know that, you milk dud! That's my whole point! I'd rather just call up Martinez then sign Jones!!

UNLESS Dodgers pay half + We get Hudson + Jones hits what I posted.

Wickerman

The Red Sox made a play to re-acquire Marlins superstar Hanley Ramirez after losing out to the rival Yankees for star free agent Mark Teixeira, league sources tell SI.com. But while the Marlins listened to Boston's overtures, Florida isn't anxious to trade its best player, and talks apparently have been aborted after no agreement could be reached.

Wow, that would have made things interesting the AL East if the Marlins had pulled the trigger.

eznark said:

Better than playing JRPGs.

Wickerman said:
Wow, that would have made things interesting the AL East if the Marlins had pulled the trigger.

I assume their asking price would be somewhere along the lines of Lars Anderson, Bucholz, and Masterson so I wouldn't be too keen with that

CajoleJuice said:
Better than playing JRPGs.

Tales of Vesperia roxx

Y2Kev

Wickerman said:
if the marlins gave up ramirez i'd want them investigated for being retarded

LJ11

funkmastergeneral said:
I assume their asking price would be somewhere along the lines of Lars Anderson, Bucholz, and Masterson so I wouldn't be too keen with that

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Frank, it sounded like you thought Martinez was a right handed bat. My bad, we won't revoke your membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom