• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer + MW footage

Fret

As I said in the other thread, I won't prematurely judge the quality of the game before it releases, but I will say that I can't believe they managed to make space look so boring. Ugh. I say this as someone who's very easily persuaded by space-themed games, even those of the lowest quality. Man...

yeah, it honestly looks exactly like BO3. its barely scifi. they didn't go far enough with the concept, so it looks really bland.

80 bucks for the game, MWR, and the Season Pass is a pretty good deal. Considering the season pass by itself doesn't really go on sale that often for these games.

I wish. That $80 USD is just for the Legacy edition that has IW and MWR. The Digital Deluxe Edition will have the season pass with it as well. According to the price listed above, converting it to USD brings it to $125. Hopefully they just charge $100 ;_;

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
you act like there were 20 amazing maps in cod4. all of the maps people loved are obviously going to be in there. people will look for anything to complain about.

There were....

I can see the arguments for a few of the maps being 'lesser' than the others but I loved them all and would like them all back if possible.

Sounds like its not available alone..

Of course not, Activision know how to print money. :p

Lol sounds like you cant buy the Remaster without IW

They'll certainly sell it separately down the line. But it's not going to be until IW's sales start to drop off. And given that it's CoD...that's gonna be a while.

Hopefully the trailer isn't misleading by not showing any EXO stuff. This would fit what was said in the other thread. Boots on the ground combat instead of hopping around.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Modern Warfare is hype as fuck. Can't wait to to play it again.

Infinite Warfare looks like utter shit. The same futuristic shite that hardly anyone wants anymore. COD are reaching WWE levels of just blatantly ignoring what the majority of fans want.

This.

Also they fucking murdered Bowie, WTF is that shitty cover. Whoever recorded that should be ashamed.

Its going to be very funny when they sell millions of this, then realize on day 1 that everyone is playing MW1 and there's about 4 people on the Infinite Warfare servers.

They'll certainly sell it separately down the line. But it's not going to be until IW's sales start to drop off. And given that it's CoD...that's gonna be a while.

Hopefully the trailer isn't misleading by not showing any EXO stuff. This would fit what was said in the other thread. Boots on the ground combat instead of hopping around.
Around the 57 seconds, there are people jumping high over a car to the far left.

Not at all excited for either of these. MWR is nice and by far the best CoD but not buying an 80$ special edition for it, I'll wait for it to be standalone and if for some strange reason that doesn't happen I don't need to buy it.

Infinite Warfare looks... really boring. The 'plot' sounded like it was ripped out of Gundam with some kind of space colony turning on Earth but this is missing the most important part of that... Giant fucking robots.

Also for a game set in the future its odd how all of the weapons seemed very... modern.

DKHF

Is this game cross-gen (on 360 and PS3 as well like the fast few years)? Or do we just not know yet.

GCU makes the Legacy Edition only $64 before tax. I'll have at least $10 in certificates by then again and I can probably trade in Sniper Elite 4 when I finish for at least $20. Not to mention once I finish the campaign of IW and maybe taste some of the MP I can probably get $45 for it within a month of release.

Cant buy COD4 alone and only 10 maps...

disappointed1.gif

singhr1

Modern Warfare is hype as fuck. Can't wait to to play it again.

Infinite Warfare looks like utter shit. The same futuristic shite that hardly anyone wants anymore. COD are reaching WWE levels of just blatantly ignoring what the majority of fans want.

Apparently COD fans just want MW again. And they are giving them that?

You never can 100% listen to a fanbase, they always want the old stuff. You don't get progress in that way.

That was a good trailer at least, not interested in paying an extra 20 dollars for cod 4 though unless it comes with the season pass as well.

I'd buy Modern Warfare on its own, but I have zero interest in Infinite Warfare. I'm not a COD nut, I've never really been a fan. I've tried almost all of them because I did like Modern Warfare so much, but MW remains the only one I ever really loved.

You never can 100% listen to a fanbase, they always want the old stuff. You don't get progress in that way.
Progress isn't always made by moving the time line forward a few decades.

We had "progress" once every year and it sucked for the most part.

singhr1

Progress isn't always made by moving the time line forward a few decades.

Oh I totally agree with that. I'm just saying we can't just keep making MW games over and over.

If they do go back in time (WW1/2) then they HAVE to do it more interestingly then just D-Day, Hitler, etc. and I'm not sure if they are willing to do that.

So they would rather make up their own villains and the only time period available to them is the one that hasn't happened yet. It isn't the solution I agree with (considering the LAST 2 GAMES under the COD name have dealt with some sort of clichéd fear of our future) but hey I haven't played Infinite Warfare yet.

MW flourished due to its balance of simplicity and progression. With 15 killstreaks, 30 attachments, 5 movement abilities, etc. newer games are just bloated.

Looks super boring, to me. I think they know it'll generate less interest, hence the inclusion of MW. Battlefield did the future warfare stuff much better with 2142 years ago, in my opinion, as well.

AmyS

It doesn't really matter to me, but with 10 MP MW maps being remastered, couldn't they just release more as DLC ?

Sorry if someone brought that up and I missed it.

TheJoRu

Lol sounds like you cant buy the Remaster without IW

1368113726727.gif

Infinite Warfare looks terrible. Or rather, it looks like it always does, and it's incredibly boring. Seems as though they've put a lot of work into the remaster, though, and I would gladly pay to just get that one. As it is now Activision is getting nothing at all from me. :/

Crv756

Banned
Well... Looks Call og duty all right ! But damn, is it bland, looks like a mixture of advanced warfare and blops3. Call of duty really lost it glory after CoD4, so sad. Let either the franchise end or release it every 3 years like any other game. The market seems more and more saturated.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They are remastering everything. 10 Maps is a very good amount.

Part of me just strongly suspects they are doing everything and selling the rest of the maps later. If Raven are handling the remaster and Infinity Ward are at full strength now (with Neversoft now a part of them) and have had 3 years to make Infinite Warfare I can see that being the case.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if they'll just package the MW remasters with future games. I kind of wish there was a MW remastered trilogy instead of this Killzone clone.

I think they see themselves making more bank by only including it with the new game.

And they just might be right.
It's basically 80 dollars for MW and it comes with an extra game no one wants.

Hip Hop

Looks similar to BO3's jumping. No dashing like in Advanced Warfare, but who knows how it will end up being. We need more info haha.
I don't mind a boost jump, but that dash was a bit too much for the series. It made it just too chaotic.

So if there is any exos in IW, I hope it's just a boost jump.

E92 M3

IW looks boring. I'll have No Man's Sky for space travel, but MW1 looks great. Just shows how talented the real Infinity Ward was. Also, music choice was horrible.

Top Bottom