• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

The Crash character is annoying, but the games were AWESOME. Sly 1 had a lot of levels that captured that great linear 3D style. Just make another game based on levels like those with a new character that isn't a 90's lame-o. Who needs the IP

Ivan

PS4 already sounds like PS1, but if this happens...

Hello 90s :)

Crash by Naughty Dog on PS4, man...

I really miss this kind of platformers from that period.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Do you expect him to say "We have acquired Crash Bandicoot"?
UkTW3lX.gif

I wouldn't exactly expect him to say Activision still owns him if they did actually buy him.

Nobody knows what the hell is going on outside of what already has, and Sony saying anything else but "They still own it", would be a dead giveaway. I still remember David Jaffe saying constantly that he wasn't making Twisted Metal and he wasn't going to E3, despite all the talk going around. Next thing you know Sweet Tooth is driving the fuck on stage.

Sponge

Banned
Nobody knows what the hell is going on outside of what already has, and Sony saying anything else but "They still own it", would be a dead giveaway. I still remember David Jaffe saying constantly that he wasn't making Twisted Metal and he wasn't going to E3, despite all the talk going around. Next thing you know Sweet Tooth is driving the fuck on stage.

Good point.

Keep the dream alive.

I wouldn't exactly expect him to say Activision still owns him if they did actually buy him.

Not that I believe its happening but if they wanted it to be a surprise they obviously can't acknowledge it, even acknowledging that the rights had moved would be suspicious.

If it was happening though he probably would have avoided the question.

spliced

Hopefully with the power of the PS4 the series can step it up because it was pretty mediocre on the PS1. The PS1 was pretty terrible hardware though so there's some hope.

kuppy

Adam is third party, what if this was a truly first party agenda that he never knew about, nothing stops this train.

I say we pull a #BringBackCrash stunt. #NoDRM worked after all.

Did you mean #GetCrashback, since we already have people using that?

Assuming they're really not doing anything with Crash and this isn't just them trying to keep things a secret for a big reveal, there's no reason why we can't nudge them to make PS4 Crash happen by continuing them to show interest in it!

NO NEED TO KILL THE DREAM!

greg400

Banned
Guess they removed the assets because they're gearing up for a special Crash edition of Skylanders where he can join his pal Spyro in perpetual mediocrity.

If that be the case Operation #BringBackCrash needs to go into full force.

Agreed. Shouldn't Adam obeys and shu be actively pursuing some kind of agreement or partnership with activision to make a new crash game? I thought Sony was all about being "for the gamers" now? Or is that just a marketing tactic to get back on top?

Sponge

Banned
Agreed. Shouldn't Adam obeys and shu be actively pursuing some kind of agreement or partnership with activision to make a new crash game? I thought Sony was all about being "for the gamers" now? Or is that just a marketing tactic to get back on top?

On second thought, we probably should do #BringCrashHome and not #BringBackCrash so it gets the point across easier.

No one add this pic to OP. No one quotes it again. We ignore it and move along.

Best course of action. No reason why our hype-train can't get this whole thing started. OPERATION #GETCRASHBACK STILL IN FULL EFFECT!

On second thought, we probably should do #BringCrashHome and not #BringBackCrash so it gets the point across easier.

I'm good with either, but we should probably all stick to one though.

Top Bottom