• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

5Wku0N7.png

iqCJozwtaiuql.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-AdTxB2ifI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUm4JnxTxtvItQecKUc4zRhQ

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It could just be misdirection: perhaps the change of hands hasn't occurred yet so technically Acti does still own the IP.

PirateKing

Logically there is a slim chance they will buy Crash IP. But given how Sony is reviving old IPs like Shadow of The Beast, there could be a 5% possibility.
O Gaf brothers, I have lost my faith.

dEvAnGeL

sony may care about gamers but they run a business after all, crash may not be a profitable franchise for them like others they have, its never gonna happen, ill eat crow if it does

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't understand you guys. You go all insane and overreact over basically nothing, but just one single tweet causes you to give up?! You weren't listening to logic before. Why are you listening to it now? Keep making noise.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
sony may care about gamers but they run a business after all, crash may not be a profitable franchise for them like others they have, its never gonna happen, ill eat crow if it does

The Crash games are consistently the top selling PS classics on PSN. We're talking about games competing with franchises that are still popular today. The Final Fantasy games, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, MGS etc. Crash outsells them all despite the franchise not currently being relevant. Crash would be more than profitable for Sony. Crash would be more profitable than the majority of franchises they currently have.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Stop saying the dream is dead! I don't get you guys. You weren't listening to logic before. Why are you listening to it now? Keep this thread alive and keep making noise. In reality that's what this thread was about. I think most of us already knew this wasn't happening, but it's important we make noise about it.

RaikuHebi

Banned
The Crash games are consistently the top selling PS classics on PSN. We're talking about games competing with franchises that are still popular today. The Final Fantasy games, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, MGS etc. Crash outsells them all despite the franchise not currently being relevant. Crash would be more than profitable for Sony. Crash would be more profitable than the majority of franchises they currently have.
Exactly, that says it all.

Are people really that dense that they think Crash isn't relevant anymore?

That Boyes tweet kills this stone dead.

The original tweet wasn't even addressed to him. If there was something in the works, he wouldn't have said anything. Crash has been removed from Activision's website because he's no longer a relevant character for their business.

Heartbreaker. :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I played Crash 1 until 3:30 this morning because of this thread. When I did try to go to sleep I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about this thread and the possibility of it happening some day. I got very little sleep because of you guys. Don't let it be for nothing. This twitter campaign needs to be real and it needs to be big. Sony have to know how big the demand is.

I played Crash 1 until 3:30 this morning because of this thread. When I did try to go to sleep I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about this thread and the possibility of it happening some day. I got very little sleep because of you guys. Don't let it be for nothing. This twitter campaign needs to be real and it needs to be big. Sony have to know how big the demand is.

Alright chaps, let's do this!
The bandicoot needs to be rescued!

Tregard

Soothsayer
That Boyes tweet kills this stone dead.

The original tweet wasn't even addressed to him. If there was something in the works, he wouldn't have said anything. Crash has been removed from Activision's website because he's no longer a relevant character for their business.

Heartbreaker. :(

I'm gonna stick with it being an elaborate bluff.

;-;

Twio

Yeah well we feel like nobody listens to us. And by nobody I mean Sony. This thread wasn't about believing this was really happening. It was about making noise and making Sony realise there's demand for this.

Sony realizes that there's an interest for it but at the same time it more than likely wouldn't sell the numbers it used to or anywhere near them which probably means it isn't worth the hassle of them getting him back. I'd be all for it but at the end of the day it's all about profit.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sony realizes that there's an interest for it but at the same time it more than likely wouldn't sell the numbers it used to or anywhere near them which probably means it isn't worth the hassle of them getting him back. I'd be all for it but at the end of the day it's all about profit.

I disagree. I think if Sony put out a quality Crash reboot it would be huge for Sony. Sony getting Crash back would be nothing short of an event. The hype and interest would be through the roof, and Sony would no doubt position Crash to be the PS mascot again. The PS1 Crash games are consistently top of the PS classics charts on PSN. The number 1 character request for All Stars was Crash. There's a hungry classic fanbase. Selling nostalgia isn't a hard thing to do, and a character like Crash would be big with the younger generation as well if it was brought back. I guarantee you that if Sony got Crash back and put out a quality game that it would be a huge seller.

Top Bottom