• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

the ps4 launch commercial also had heavy rain origami in it. doesnt mean a new heavy rain is coming to PS4.
its just a reference to crash.

yes, i wish it too. imo, crash should be sony's mascot. (At least in europe and america)

i dont understand why activision would just sit on it like that. if they arent gonna use him, sell him to someone else. i dont get it!!!!!!

I've seen people lie in the gaming industry many times in order to keep something a surprise for the planned reveal. Don't lose hope guys! And if anything, tweet like crazy.

tumblr_m35jlhpnHI1r1onmy.gif

Jay Sosa

not to be debbie downer but all the recent crash games are horrible plus there hasn't been a good pure 3D platformer that's not on a nintendo console in the last ...10 years?

So even if this, somehow, is happening I'm not very optimistic.

Nev

Banned
not to be debbie downer but all the recent crash games are horrible plus there hasn't been a good pure 3D platformer that's not on a nintendo console in the last ...10 years.
Mirror's Edge is one of the best 3D platformers ever though.

level44

not to be debbie downer but all the recent crash games are horrible plus there hasn't been a good pure 3D platformer that's not on a nintendo console in the last ...10 years?

In the right developers hands this could be amazing.

daveo42

Banned
In the right developers hands this could be amazing.

It also depends on if those developers want to actually make an updated Crash game. ND may not be interested in a reboot, same with SSM, or any other first party for that matter. There's more to it other than Sony just buying back the IP.

You're right. Vivendi and Activision merged, meaning no purchase, just acquisition. I still wish Sony owned the IP though instead of Activision.
didn't Activision just buy themselves back from Vivendi like a month or two ago? maybe thats why it was removed from Activision's site.

Melchiah

If there's a Crash game coming from Sony, I hope it's going to be made by someone else than Naughty Dog. I'm looking forward to their next game, but I couldn't be less interested in Crash, or platformers in general.

Jonboy

That Boyes tweet kills this stone dead.

The original tweet wasn't even addressed to him. If there was something in the works, he wouldn't have said anything.
Crash has been removed from Activision's website because he's no longer a relevant character for their business.

Heartbreaker. :(
Exactly.

Boyes reads Gaf frequently so they probably wanted to nip this before it got ridiculously out of hand.

Gangxxter

Would have been way too good to be true. Oh well.

My sense told me all the time that this can't be true but my heart wanted to believe :(

Time to change my avatar again.

EDIT: What makes me happy though is, that such a rumor about Crash Bandicoot gets so much attention on NeoGAF :)

Sly 4 was awesome. Tearaway seems to be amazing as well.

Adam Boyes is just lying guys; he's just trying to keep it a surprise. ;_;

Adam's on the third party side of Sony, so there's not much reason for him to purposefully go out of his way twice (the tweet and the other thread), to lie and cover it up.

I'd like to believe it myself but the likelihood of it happening is miniscule.

Yjynx

Oh man this got me up and down to pieces.... too cruel...

crash was my childhood it's like welcoming my long lost cat...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Adam's on the third party side of Sony, so there's not much reason for him to purposefully go out of his way twice (the tweet and the other thread), to lie and cover it up.

I'd like to believe it myself but the likelihood of it happening is miniscule.

Though a Sony-developed or PS-exclusive Crash Bandicoot does not have to mean that Sony buys the franchise. Activision could still keep the franchise and just allow (for a monetary compensation of course ;)) this one game to be made by Sony / to be PS4-exclusive. If it did happen and Microsoft made a new Banjo platformer happen, too, this would end up being my first generation where I'd need to buy all consoles ;(.

Jac_Solar

Why do people keep talking about the Crash Bandicoot games as if they were something amazing? Wasn't it just a running type game, except it was in 3D? I think I played several of them, but only remember that they were decent games.

CREMSteve

#BringBackBandicoot

Come on GAF, you've pulled this off before...
Ironically, if anything, this attention will just show Activision the IP still holds value, thus making it harder to acquire. Complete indifference would actually be more effective.

RaikuHebi

Banned
YES!

It's not over yet. Look, it was pretty obvious this was nothing from the start. That isn't the point. The point of this thread was to make noise, and we can still do that.
I'm with you on the noise.

Ideally Sony will do the honours, but at the very least I wouldn't mind Activision loaning out the IP to an Indie like what Square are proposing with old Eidos IPs.

People still care about Crash Bandicoot?
The bigger question is "There are people that think people don't care about Crash Bandicoot".

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm amazed people are excited for a new crash. terrible games those were. i guess it will be nice to have a big budget platformer again, but crash?

coughlanio

Adam could just be throwing us off the scent.

Between the commercial easter egg, and the removal from Activision's site, I wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom