• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

Nev

Banned

Fuck you Activision. That "we're looking for ways to make him come back" pisses me off more than if they would just not release anything at all. No one wants their Crash games, everybody hates them and everybody hates the company because they basically keep the franchise "prisoner" and detract from its value with every new game, apart from scamming people with overpriced DLC, but that's not the case.

Just sell it already, get in your head that no one wants Crash games under Activision. Sell it to fucking whoever, even Nintendo, they sure would make a tremendously better game than any of your shitty releases.

Shiggy

It's good that they still own it, so the crosover Crash: Prototype is still a possibility :D

vlcsnap-2013-11-23-124pkl2.png

Nice job OP, when you arrive in hell, and you look at the devil and go "dude why?!", he'll point to this thread.

Then you will know, you will know the pain you caused.

Zushin

I don't understand why Activision even keeps the IP around. They haven't used him for years, Crash is near worthless for them. Surely the money they could get for selling him would be worth more to them than the IP ever will.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I like how that article has such a low rating. Fitting.

But don't cry guys! We accomplished what we needed to here. We made noise. We made it very clear to Sony that there's a lot of interest in coming home of Crash. You should all be proud of what you've done here. Sony haven't bought the IP.....yet. Yet. But I remain hopeful that the noise we've made and the amount of interest there clearly is for a Crash revival made by Sony will cause Sony to make serious move in attempting to get the IP back. I remain hopeful they'll spend what they need to to buy the franchise in the future. It's not over guys. This is only the start.

RaikuHebi

Banned

But don't cry guys! We accomplished what we needed to here. We made noise. We made it very clear to Sony that there's a lot of interest in coming home of Crash. You should all be proud of what you've done here. Sony haven't bought the IP.....yet. Yet. But I remain hopeful that the noise we've made and the amount of interest there clearly is for a Crash revival made by Sony will cause Sony to make serious move in attempting to get the IP back. I remain hopeful they'll spend what they need to to buy the franchise in the future. It's not over guys. This is only the start.

At this point I wouldn't mind an indie developer doing a parody of classic Crash.

PaulloDEC

I don't understand why Activision even keeps the IP around. They haven't used him for years, Crash is near worthless for them. Surely the money they could get for selling him would be worth more to them than the IP ever will.

I could be wrong about this, but the impression I've got over the last few years is that publishers will virtually never sell off IP unless they absolutely have to. I think the fear of someone else taking something they used to own and turning it into a goldmine is enough to make them feel ok about sitting on it themselves instead.

I really hate Activision. So much. I mean, they're piling in the cash every year with non-stop Call of Duty releases - would it really hurt them that much to sell an IP that's not making them any money to a company who would utilise it much better and make a whole lot of people happy in the process? Just one act of good will; it's not asking for the world.

Brashnir

I don't care if they make a game with the Crash game or not. I just want somebody to make a game that plays like the good Crash games.

Karu

If it comes back I would expect something like the Spyro-games. Since Activison is not really in the business for making one-off plattformers like the old PS1 games, there has to be an monetaization- or online-angle to it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Who would honestly buy Bayonetta 1 on Wii U again? It's already perfect on 360, a re-release would bomb hard.

Wii U owners who have heard hype of Bayonetta in regards to 2, and would like to see what all the stink is about.

Also OCD people who have to have both games on the same console.

ZeroX03

Banned
Who would honestly buy Bayonetta 1 on Wii U again? It's already perfect on 360, a re-release would bomb hard.

Someone who didn't buy a 360? Which is plenty of Nintendo fans/non-US citizens/me? I'm not picking up that damn PS3 version, that's for sure.

Majorly disappointed about Crash. But if Activision weren't going to let him guest star in All-Stars (or charging too much), there was probably no way in hell they'd sell the IP.

Really hope Sony finally bought ol' Crash back, Naughty Dog is too busy but I would love to see Sanzaru games do a new Crash game (they did a good job with Sly)

noobasuar

Banned
Meh. How about someone at Sony makes a platformer that's as good as the old crash or Spyro games before buying the I.P. and shitting all over it?

Megatron

Then why is removed from the site? What does the crash sign n the 4 ad mean? Maybe the deal isn't final so they have to say that?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Then why is removed from the site? What does the crash sign n the 4 ad mean? Maybe the deal isn't final so they have to say that?

There's a pretty good explanation why it's removed from the website, Activision removed all their old games from the website, they had a house cleaning so to speak.

For example, you can't find anything earlier than Black Ops when you search Call of Duty, and the latest Crash game came out before Black Ops.

There's a reason why Activision hasn't been able to do anything with the IP. I think the hardcore gaming community want more Crash games because they grew up with the character, but a lot of people simply don't care.

They haven't been able to do anything with the IP because the games they have released were dogshit that was corroding the brand

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
can Activision do hd remakes of the first 3 games and crash team racing.... or can sony

Meh, I wouldn't really want them anyway. If I want to play the originals I'll play the originals, not pay more for the same games with better graphics.

Although with that said I'd gladly buy a CTR HD remake if it added online play.

I don't really care who owns the IP, as long as they can get it back on track.

By this point, no one thinks Activision are capable of getting it back on track anymore. Handing Crash over to Sony at the start of this new generation would give the IP a renewed sense of purpose.

Top Bottom