• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

Is there? I don't think most of the people in this thread are Crash fans, I think they're former Crash fans. If it turned out that Activision were rebooting Crash, I'd bet everyone would go back to not caring about it because no-one trusts Activision to return it to its former glory (whereas they do trust Sony).

yea we want a SONY Crash Bandicoot game

sn00zer

Is there? I don't think most of the people in this thread are Crash fans, I think they're former Crash fans. If it turned out that Activision were rebooting Crash, I'd bet everyone would go back to not caring about it because no-one trusts Activision to return it to its former glory (whereas they do trust Sony).
Exactly...there are TONS (possibly millions?) of former Crash fans....if there was a reboot that was advertised by Sony as a return to form....people will take notice...in other news if it does return as a next gen linear platform, I think we are really going to see comparisons to CGfilms, especially with prebaked lighting and physics

KingJ2002

That would be great if Activision was able to give Sony / Naughty Dog the Crash Bandicoot franchise back. I mean... he was Sony's answer to Mario... that worked.

Question, about how serious of a cash commitment are we talking about here for Sony to buy the IP? Just some sort of ball park number or figure of speech. Yeah Crash Bandicoot isn't worth much to Activision, but surely they know how much it's worth to Sony and thus would demand a lot from them. Plus you never know what sort of competition that may lead to, not that Activision does anything in the 3D platformer market.

RaikuHebi

Banned
You're asking for a Sony Crash game?
Sony have never owned the Crash Bandicoot IP.

Question, about how serious of a cash commitment are we talking about here for Sony to buy the IP? Just some sort of ball park number or figure of speech. Yeah Crash Bandicoot isn't worth much to Activision, but surely they know how much it's worth to Sony and thus would demand a lot from them. Plus you never know what sort of competition that may lead to, not that Activision does anything in the 3D platformer market.
I would imagine given how little it has been used in the last few years it wouldn't be worth very much at all.

mechphree

I'm all for this, just don't want naughty dog diverting resources to this . I'd rather them work on uncharted or the new ip they have been teasing.

PBY

Banned
yet somehow Xbox has no problem locking in 3rd party owned exclusives like the Dead Rising series and Titanfall

Its definitely possible; but is it viable financially for Sony to pay for Crash?

I don't know the answer to this question, no one can- but my view is that the reason MS went after DR and Titanfall is that those games have far broader appeal that a Crash game in 2013.

I

Its definitely possible; but is it viable financially for Sony to pay for Crash?

I don't know the answer to this question, no one can- but my view is that the reason MS went after DR and Titanfall is that those games have far broader appeal that a Crash game in 2013.

I

How much is the Crash IP worth today? $1 million? $10 million?

Sponge

Banned

Yes. Absolutely.

Crash in the right hands would sell a great amount. Sly 4 didn't do the best numbers, but it was financially good for Sony. Crash would definitely do better than that game.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Maybe, but if your Activision and you know sony wants it you'll charge as much as you can.
pokemon___day_care_ransom_by_totallyrandomsh1t-d3gp1ih.jpg

I talk to adults and college students who still remember Crash Bandicoot fondly whenever video games get brought up in a conversation. Im talking about people who are casual gamers at best. I don't think some of you realize how big the crash series was for Sony back in the 90s and the huge advertising push he got.

PBY

Banned
I talk to adults and college students who still remember Crash Bandicoot fondly whenever video games get brought up in a conversation. Im talking about people who are casual gamers at best. I don't think some of you realize how big the crash series was for Sony back in the 90s and the huge advertising push he got.

Sonic used to be huge too...

Jay Sosa

Actually I would be fine with a somewhat decent Crash. It's not like there is much competition if you don't own a U. Just gimme something.

Let's leave the era of mascot platformers in the SNES/PSX era where it belongs, please.

2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

Nev

Banned
Media Molecule SUCKS. Fuck!

They are one of the best current studios worldwide though. Just because they –stupidly– decided to make "realistic" jumps in LittleBigPlanet (it is a decision, not something out of their supposed incompetence, as shown by the tools of the editor that allow you to make every kind of jump mechanics), doesn't mean they're not superb in everything else.

Cornbread78

Somebody is screwing with us and we need to find out who it is.... They can't be making everyone wait until the VGAs.... It's not right at this point LOL.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Exactly.

Boyes reads Gaf frequently so they probably wanted to nip this before it got ridiculously out of hand.

Forget that, I'm already fucking hyped.

Well said, and very true. I don't have any interest in a new Crash game coming from Activision. It's kind of like the divide between Twisted Metal 1 & 2 compared to 3 & 4.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
This would seriously make me a happy gamer!!

Crash is one of my favourite PSOne memories and I'll never forget the day I first played the demo of it. My mind was blown and the original 3 Crash games were awesome!

Please be true!!

I just want Sony to leverage one of their old school platformer IPs, be it Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter...just give me some of that old-time, light-hearted platformer goodness.

KOMANI

KOMANI
if we do get a new crash game... IF.. does the gameplay have to be so drastically different? Look no further than Mario or Donkey Kong, even Resogun (which is not a platformer yet it's reminiscent of those 2d space shooters) to see a side scrolling platformer can still work.

Top Bottom