• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

I just want Sony to leverage one of their old school platformer IPs, be it Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter...just give me some of that old-time, light-hearted platformer goodness.
If only it were a Jak & Daxter in the spirit of the original. However I'd be much more thrilled with a new Crash from Sony, but thrilled either way.

lupinko

My tweet wasn't addressed to anybody, but Adam decided to chime in with that anyway. Three dots indicate anxiousness?

Adam...indirectly...wanted me to ask Activision...as semi-confirmation? That's...

issR4pNR2obi2.gif

Well if it means anything to GAF, a buddy of mine told me that Cerny just had to make one phonecall to Uncle Bobby...
I told him it would have to be Adam Boyes or Shu Yoshida since that is not Cerny's dept.

if we do get a new crash game... IF.. does the gameplay have to be so drastically different? Look no further than Mario or Donkey Kong, even Resogun (which is not a platformer yet it's reminiscent of those 2d space shooters) to see a side scrolling platformer can still work.

I think the gameplay will still work well. Just have new levels, with some new mechanics (I actually found the crash-in-a-ball levels in Wrath of Cortex pretty fun). Have the amount of platforming be somewhere between Crash 2 and Crash 3, and bring back time trials. They were only in the 3rd one which was a shame.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Activision's "No Comment" will help me sleep at night. I will just pretend Boyes is trolling or doesn't know what's happening with the IP.

Bandicooters BELIEVE!

We miss you, Crash.

We all forgive you, and have put the past behind us. Forget the Bandicoot you ended up as. Come home and become the Bandicoot you once were. That flame has not been extinguished, that candle has not burned out... it is immortal. It merely needs to be awakened. A revolution is upon us, and we need your guidance to face this struggle. Opposition lurks around every corner and the naysayers are numerous. But those of us who believe know the truth... without you we are doomed and the world as we know it is in great peril. Time is fleeting, Crash. Reignite the flame and.... come home.

Wake up, Crash.

Sponge

Banned
Honestly, we need to spearhead a Crash Twitter campaign at this point. If got #NoDRMto work, I think we could get this to.

C'mon Sony, take some of that PS4 money you got and get our Bandicoot home.

I will wait for the confirmation before I get excited, but I will say that the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy was fun and distinguished. Besides that trilogy, Crash Team Racing was a good game. I considered it to be the PSX alternative to Mario Kart 64.

An open-world PS4 Crash Bandicoot video game sounds like a great idea.

I love some of the people in this thread who don't know anything and talk shit about how crash isn't relevant anymore. They said the same thing about Killer Instinct and now it's one of (if not THE) biggest launch title on xbox one.

Those aren't really platformers though. Well I guess sly is but Crash was a much bigger name he was the Mario of the 90s.

There's a reason why Activision hasn't been able to do anything with the IP. I think the hardcore gaming community want more Crash games because they grew up with the character, but a lot of people simply don't care.

I did not read through this entire thread before posting, so I missed your update. Thank you for that.

Like I said earlier, I am optimistic about Crash Bandicoot because some of those games are fun. My hope is that since to my knowledge, Activision is doing much at all with that franchise Sony acquires it and makes new games. The more good games, the better of course.

SgtCobra

To me, this is kind of irrelevant. They already have a rich platforming portfolio with Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet and Clank.

Jak and Daxter are dead :( ND's has moved on, onto bigger things.. Things like big budget AAAA cinematic story and gameplay experiences™

Cuyejo

There's a reason why Activision hasn't been able to do anything with the IP. I think the hardcore gaming community want more Crash games because they grew up with the character, but a lot of people simply don't care.

There's a reason sure, it's because their games were crap, they never captured the magic Naughty Dog's Crash had.

Statements are juggling around more than MS PR.

Do you guys still own Crash Bandicoot? "No comment"

Do you still own Crash Bandicoot? "We are looking at ways to bring it back".

Well selling the IP to Sony and having them make a new game is one way to bring it back to life.

Jay Sosa

if we do get a new crash game... IF.. does the gameplay have to be so drastically different? Look no further than Mario or Donkey Kong, even Resogun (which is not a platformer yet it's reminiscent of those 2d space shooters) to see a side scrolling platformer can still work.

God no.

No friends, not too many gimmick stages. Just simple, fun and challenging (pseudo) 3D and 2D levels.

Crash died folks. He's in the deepest darkest depths of Hades and he ain't never getting out .

R.I.P. You beautiful bandicoot, I will cry every time.

RobbieNick

"We continue to explore ways in which we could bring the beloved series back to life."

By sitting on the IP and not doing a Goddamn thing with it. Fucking bullshit.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I want to see the return of PS1 style Spyro games as well.

Sadly, Spyro (or what's left of the poor guy) is leashed to Skylanders, and they just released a new game. Now he knows how it feels to be no more than a side character...

Seriously though, see if you can find Spyro in the cast list.

Top Bottom