• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

hertog

Thank god Netherlands - England is also on ARD. I can;t stand SBS 6, insulting television.

2-0 by the way, though England actually is the better team but we capitalized on 2 big mistakes by their defence.

Bootaaay said:
Awesome, a new thread where I can talk to myself about West Ham :lol - so, who does everyone support in the English leagues? I'm guessing one of the usual teams (ManYoo/Chelski/Scouse/Le Arse), or are we going to have a bit of variety in here for once? I'm a lifelong West Ham fan, but I also follow Daggenham & Redbridge (my old local team) and Southend United (my current local team).

You're not alone.

I prefer 'Hammers' to 'Irons'.

I'm quite concerned that we're still short a striker (I've given up on Ashton), lack competition on the right midfield and have two inconsistent centre-backs.

At least Green is still our keeper though, I was all steeled up to see him leave for Villa, City or one of the FOUR.

toxk_02

Black Republican
masud said:
What channel is the US Mexico game on? Espn made it seam like they would be airing it all week.
mun2 is the English-language channel. Check your listings, NBC Universal made the channel free today for the game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there any channel on DirecTV that has the USA/Mex match in HD? I found it on Mun2, but god, is DTV's SD feed ugly.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bendtner-explains-switch-of-squad-number

"I (Bendtner) appreciate that a good number of fans have bought their kits for 2009/10 already with names and numbers printed up so I’d like to personally cover the cost of replacing anyone’s shirt that has my previous number. It means a lot to see supporters wearing your name and number, and I want to ensure people aren’t inconvenienced by the change."

Well that cant be expensive for him, he only have to replace the shirts for his parents.

shoplifter

alr1ghtstart said:
Is there any channel on DirecTV that has the USA/Mex match in HD? I found it on Mun2, but god, is DTV's SD feed ugly.

Nope, Mun2 is the only station carrying the game in English.

Not a bad result for England in the end. Both goals conceded were just lack of concentration, not too bad for a game that's basically pre-season.

kingkitty

BigBoss said:
Why can't ESPN carry the game? I can't stand this SD shit, the World Cup better be in HD.
Telemundo has exclusive rights to broadcast any soccer game being played at the Azteca Stadium.

Drakken

Argh, this is frustrating. I don't get mun2 even though it's supposed to be available with Comcast today. I tried watching it muted on Telemundo while listening to the audio feed online but it's hard to get it synced. Just gonna watch it online since the Telemundo feed isn't much better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom