• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Mexico got away with so much time killing at the end.........loved how some players was like here? this spot? even though they saw the exact spot of the foul, didn't see the entire match just caught the final 20mns, WTF was up with the Mexican players getting in the face of US players and getting away with it, one dude walked up to the US player and put his hands to his face, I was shocked he didn't get a red card for that, like i said didn't see the entire match but it clearly look like the ref favored Mexico.

Mardil

Pwned again. Where are all the people who said "bu bu but the penalty that wasn't clear", "our C team against Mexico's B team", etc.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
David Sirlin should be the new USMNT coach. The US needs to start Playing to Win. Cost them again.

faridmon

Cahill is a class, I have a great expectation from him this season. he Was absolutely fantastic in Aussie - Ireland match. what a great start to the season.

too bad, Lescott and Baines didn't play for England. And of course Saha wasn't even wanted for the France match.

and south Africa lost, Pianaar:/

daegan

arstal said:
David Sirlin should be the new USMNT coach. The US needs to start Playing to Win. Cost them again.

To be honest I saw Jozy as a PTW sub. Yes Davies was hurt but... I expected some kind of defensive sub there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Apparently windows 7 doesn't like my capture card, but you get the idea...
2mrsj07.jpg

faridmon said:
and why are Mexica fans and USA fans such mean people, we need peace in this thread.

they both suck
:p

Rivalry is what makes football so good. Nothing better than stuff like this at work.

2w32m8p.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
daegan said:
To be honest I saw Jozy as a PTW sub. Yes Davies was hurt but... I expected some kind of defensive sub there.

The first thing, playing Ching is never PTW.

Secondly, they turned into Bunker Bob way too early.

faridmon said:
hva I alle varden. Hellvete.

Norsk?

Danish. We bear a norwegian team a week ago in the champions league qualifications though.

The picture is taken after this, so great to look at bjaelkes post the next day even though my account wasn't accepted yet. The third goal where the defenders tackles each other is so great. :lol

daegan

arstal said:
The first thing, playing Ching is never PTW.

Secondly, they turned into Bunker Bob way too early.

Look I know reading Bigsoccer can make you get more pissed at Bob than you should but if you really expected our guys to dominate possession, make radical passes and slice through their back line on demand while AWAY AT MEXICO you're totally crazy.

We could've played better that's for damn sure. And that is what's frustrating.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
daegan said:
Look I know reading Bigsoccer can make you get more pissed at Bob than you should but if you really expected our guys to dominate possession, make radical passes and slice through their back line on demand while AWAY AT MEXICO you're totally crazy.

We could've played better that's for damn sure. And that is what's frustrating.

Honestly, I would have considering starting Dempsey up top.

I also don't think bunkering''s something to be avoided at all costs, but you don't start bunkering until 60-70 mins in, especially when it's 1-1. This felt like a repeat of what happened with Brazil.

If you're up 2-0, then it's not so bad, but not at that point.

faridmon

Milk Lizard said:
Danish. We bear a norwegian team a week ago in the champions league qualifications though.

The picture is taken after this, so great to look at bjaelkes post the next day even though my account wasn't accepted yet. The third goal where the defenders tackles each other is so great. :lol
for a moment I thought FCK stands for Fredrikstad Fotball klub. so blind:lol

nice to see another Scandinavian person around here.

Danish football is way superior to the Norwegian one, they just hype Rosenborg way too much

Mardil said:
Pwned again. Where are all the people who said "bu bu but the penalty that wasn't clear", "our C team against Mexico's B team", etc.

Pwned again? We've been the crap out of Mexico this entire decade :lol

alterno69

Banned
What a great match from Mexico, i must say i expected much more from team USA but other than the goal they didn't do anything at all.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
BigBoss said:
Stay classy Mexican fans.
Donovan's lucky that those were cups and not piss bags. Stil shame on them. Even though I support Mexico, shit like that offends me seeing how Mexico was winning and some mexican fans had to resort to that (throwing cups and other shit). It's kinda creepy and weird that some spazzos here represent TDG but more trash talk and more in denial than TDG. At least he knows when to quit the BS spazzo postgame attacks on Mexico unlike some spazzos here in this thread.
:lol :lol

TDG spazzo love +10.

Yeah I totally agree with you nads fans that the ref was shit, but would you prefer a pro-mexico terry vaughns?
:eek:

Anyways, we won fair and square. Bunker Bob decided to bunker down and not attack which is why they lost in the end. I can say this Efrain Juarez should start for Mexico from now on. Screw medina and franco. Those 2 need to be out of Mexico's starting line up seriously. SAlcido was alright, but Osorio is good as well. He's good defending. Nery needs to watch his anger unless he wants to get carded.

The US needs to rely on some other tactic than bunkering down and wait for a counter. Mexico owned the nads in everything;passes, rebounds, fk's, ck's and possesion of the ball. I know the US can do better than what we saw today and hoepfully Bunker Bob realizes his mistakes and improves on them for El Salvador match. Sucks that the Gooch is out, but Bradley has to tap in Marshall. Finally, good luck nads/spazzos on your next match!:D

The top ten football stadiums

1: Westfalenstadion

Borussia Dortmund’s ground is a classic. Two huge end terraces (and they are terraces, with the use of safe standing) that fling noise down at the playing area with deafening intensity. This place was built for football and for fans to express themselves. Every European Cup final should be held here. The best atmosphere on the Continent on a game-to-game basis.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6789326.ece

:D

faridmon

man, this thread is dead.

come on people, damn.

maybe I should move to the other thread now, for serious discussion and meltdowns.

Dre

Nou Camp is #9 just one place above Craven Cottage ? And the Allianz Arena is #5 ? Yeah right, this list sucks.

Kozak

Banned
Dre said:
Nou Camp is #9 just one place above Craven Cottage ? And the Allianz Arena is #5 ? Yeah right, this list sucks.

a small crowd in the Nou Camp provides a pretty lousy atmosphere.

Dre

KirmiziBeyaz said:
a small crowd in the Nou Camp provides a pretty lousy atmosphere.
Well since it's the home turf of Barça I wouldn't be too worried about that.
They had an average attendance of 72k last season.

Kozak

Banned
Dre said:
Well since it's the home turf of Barça I wouldn't be too worried about that.
They had an average attendance of 72k last season.

Thats impressive I definitely agree. Its 28k off the full capacity which would only be bad at any other stadium.

2037940-Camp-Nou-0.jpg

campnou2.jpg

Easy to see why it may sometimes suck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom