• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

has EA ever explained why we can't skip this stupid ass shit in the beginning? is it like 2k where technically some stuff is still installing in the background?

My favorite thing about the new kick meter is that you have to hold the stick for the accuracy and trajectory you want while hitting X, makes it pretty tough to do it all well

here is what i dont understand about the kick meter. sometimes i get full power, and barely miss the target on the way back down but it doesn't affect power. other times, it cuts the power in half with the same type of kick. why?

Smokey

here is what i dont understand about the kick meter. sometimes i get full power, and barely miss the target on the way back down but it doesn't affect power. other times, it cuts the power in half with the same type of kick. why?

EA

btw, got my xbox one S tonight along with M17

28552192683_e118cc7497_b.jpg

29093306831_6fb9debae2_b.jpg

MS did a killer job. The size difference is massive from the OG Xbox One. It's smaller than the PS4. The fact that I can get both systems on my desk comfortably and with space to breathe, is pretty great. RIP in peace power brick.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cannot believe don't added another light bar to the dual shock. And it actually stays on the entire time. And it's actually facing you unlike the other shitty one.

That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. And I see alot of dumb shit. Sony is so awful sometimes.

I'm happy I bought my new controller already so I don't get one of those new ones.

I just "Lost connection" against someone I was beating online ranked and I don't think it counted the game...sure didn't take people long to figure out how to glitch out of a loss on their record...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I should have taken today off. :(

I'll get my copy at Best Buy today if anyone wants to rumble. FMT was right btw.

$60 - GCU Discount = $48 - Trade in value of $16.50 = $31.50 - $10 Coupon for pre-order = $21.50. I don't think I have paid more than $30 for Madden in about 4 years.

Life is gud.

Somnia

EA

btw, got my xbox one S tonight along with M17

28552192683_e118cc7497_b.jpg

29093306831_6fb9debae2_b.jpg

MS did a killer job. The size difference is massive from the OG Xbox One. It's smaller than the PS4. The fact that I can get both systems on my desk comfortably and with space to breathe, is pretty great. RIP in peace power brick.

Take that fucking sticker off the one s!

brentech

I should have taken today off. :(

I'll get my copy at Best Buy today if anyone wants to rumble. FMT was right btw.

$60 - GCU Discount = $48 - Trade in value of $16.50 = $31.50 - $10 Coupon for pre-order = $21.50. I don't think I have paid more than $30 for Madden in about 4 years.

Life is gud.

Speaking of Welli's money....has it been a year since you started on that podcast? Whatever happened to all that?

My shit is out for delivery, but strangely coming from Dallas. Usually they send it to the post office to deliver to me.

Smokey

Take that fucking sticker off the one s!

he gone

that game last night against FMT was my first exposure to M17. Didn't pay attention to previews. Game feels more twitchy I think (or maybe it's because I havent maddened in some months), and that kick meter is gonna be a force during the season.

Greg

only played 20 minutes of practice before deciding to be responsible and get some sleep

not sure how I feel about the random button prompts? all my habitual button mashing will interfere

already saw multiple instances of players picking up blocks they never used to!

Smokey

only played 20 minutes of practice before deciding to be responsible and get some sleep

not sure how I feel about the random button prompts? all my habitual button mashing will interfere

The button prompts are awkward

Ferny

I cannot believe don't added another light bar to the dual shock. And it actually stays on the entire time. And it's actually facing you unlike the other shitty one.

That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. And I see alot of dumb shit. Sony is so awful sometimes.

I'm happy I bought my new controller already so I don't get one of those new ones.

You know whats not dumb...Dota.

brentech

Before heading to bed I played a game of all-madden.
Lost 10-0 after throwing two red zone picks, one for a pick 6. Thing that got me is (a) i need to get used to this years running game (b) a couple passing routes develop differently and the timing really caught me off guard.

I think the camera bug is fixed. A couple times it looked like it was going to creep back, I just hit R2 and it was fine...never an issue that I had to play with during a single play.

The real question is how awesome are the EATRAX this year? Is there anything that is Bully level good?

BULLY GOAT!!

And cs go. Though I should probably retire since I've pretty much peaked.

You were out there wrecking fools yesterday. You gave zero fucks about the walk button and it apparently did not matter!

We were actually pretty good in the competitive game, and I think we'd have won if that 5th guy didn't bounce in the middle of it.

Oh my god I almost got one of these in a case but of course I barely passed it and got a piece of shit skin worth nothing. This would have been 80 bucks! I'd have like 2/5 of Zep's luck!
cs_go_awp_--_asiimov_16712_0.jpg

This has happened to me before, it was delivered to a local courier probably who will then deliver to you.

I wish they always did this. I remember when I was in NY I lived right across the post office and we were always the first stop, times were good.

TheCrow

BULLY GOAT!!

You were out there wrecking fools yesterday. You gave zero fucks about the walk button and it apparently did not matter!

We were actually pretty good in the competitive game, and I think we'd have won if that 5th guy didn't bounce in the middle of it.

Oh my god I almost got one of these in a case but of course I barely passed it and got a piece of shit skin worth nothing. This would have been 80 bucks! I'd have like 2/5 of Zep's luck!
cs_go_awp_--_asiimov_16712_0.jpg

The key is to have someone else take point and then I just clean up while everyone else is distracted. That Devin guy was doing work though. Also, there's a walk button? Or do you just mean crouch.

Somnia

Gonna go grab my copy of Madden on lunch, decided I'd stick to retail for Madden only.

Hopefully we can get some skrims in tonight.

This game would have made your eyes bleed, yet we lost 15-11 to a bunch of guys ranked way higher than us and we had a BOT LESTER on our team who would just fucking run down the middle of Dust 2 every time and die, eventually I had to radio command his dumb ass to just stay with me. Crow is like the Tim Tebow of CS GO, he just makes magic happen any way you slice it.

What people pay for video game aesthetics is crazy. Was playing Overwatch with a guy who dropped $100 on loot boxes cause he wants the summer Games Japan Genji skin,
he didn't get it.

Bread

Banned

there are so many damn button prompts. breaking tackles seems too easy.

wtf hila is his sister?
she's his caretaker

I was thinking about this for a while. In an actual NFL game, there are lots of plays where the first person who gets to the HB doesn't complete a tackle, but just slows the HB and prevents progress so other players can come in and finish the tackle.

WR's is usually different because they are trying to complete a catch, but for a HB, with enough "balance", I think it can be a decent feature?

What people pay for video game aesthetics is crazy. Was playing Overwatch with a guy who dropped $100 on loot boxes cause he wants the summer Games Japan Genji skin,
he didn't get it.

Like 6 years ago I worked with a dude who spent $300 on eBay for a code for a skin for a character who wasn't even good in League of Legends at that time.

brentech

Crow, AZ, whoever else was watching The Night Of, what do you think after two most recent episodes.
Glad they're getting back to the case aspect, but really hate seeing the dark drug shit in prison.

Ferny

Crow, AZ, whoever else was watching The Night Of, what do you think after two most recent episodes.
Glad they're getting back to the case aspect, but really hate seeing the dark drug shit in prison.

He did it

At least I think so.

Top Bottom