• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Greg

Crow, AZ, whoever else was watching The Night Of, what do you think after two most recent episodes.
Glad they're getting back to the case aspect, but really hate seeing the dark drug shit in prison.
I guess it makes sense considering the length of the season, but the 'transformation' was a bit too accelerated for my taste

show is amazing though

brentech

I guess it makes sense considering the length of the season, but the 'transformation' was a bit too accelerated for my taste

show is amazing though
Yea, I think there are some large time gaps that they don't show. Suddenly he's no longer frightened and is prison tough.

Somnia

Picked up my copy from GameStop on my lunch break, guess I get some MUT crap for pre-ordering. Also I get $10 off coupons for Fifa 17, NHL 17, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 at gamestop if I decide to get retail (I wont).

Smokey

Picked up my copy from GameStop on my lunch break, guess I get some MUT crap for pre-ordering. Also I get $10 off coupons for Fifa 17, NHL 17, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 at gamestop if I decide to get retail (I wont).

Let me get that MUT code off ya pleighboi

Greg

GG, FMT!

scrambling with QB is hard unless I'm doing it wrong
feels hard to turn players up field
my juke doesn't work with slower players anymore
those fumbles wut
lots of cool little natural movements the runners make now
that pick animation you had was cool as shit, but I don't know what exactly happened
I think I need to try a kicking tutorial

GG, FMT!

scrambling with QB is hard unless I'm doing it wrong
feels hard to turn players up field
my juke doesn't work with slower players anymore
those fumbles wut
lots of cool little natural movements the runners make now
that pick animation you had was cool as shit, but I don't know what exactly happened
I think I need to try a kicking tutorial

GG brother!

I feel all madden is faster even with speed setting the same

Bread

Banned
are jukes wayyyyy less effective? last year it seemed like you would bounce a full yard to the side on a juke.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TEAMMATE STATS
Curious about your game execution with a particular friend? Trying to construct the perfect five stack of complementary players? Now you can view your accomplishments with individual allies in the Teammates section of your profile. Check out the total number of games played together, your +/- win count, overall win percentage, and a teammate performance rating.

INTERESTING

My highest (non smurf) winrates are with Plak and Ptak followed by Havoke and Tashi (!), though both of those are with a low sample size. Followed by AT, MCNEILY(!), and Shake.

The ol 45% winrate with AZ. Thats lower than my winrate with Bob!

brentech

twitch.tv/brenttrek

packers vs raiders - casual play
edit: holy shit, the game play super fast online on all madden. its fucking amped up

INTERESTING

My highest (non smurf) winrates are with Plak and Ptak followed by Havoke and Tashi (!), though both of those are with a low sample size. Followed by AT, MCNEILY(!), and Shake.

Dammit, I wanted to comment before you edited, but yeah, I was going to say I'm never getting invited again.

CB3

Pitlord seems like a real fun hero. That ultimate is going to be some game changing shit.

TheCrow

INTERESTING

lol I'm sure dotabuff won't like that. I have a 54.74% winrate with Ferny and a 39.22% winrate with Livewire.

My winrate with nightz is lower than AZ D:

CB3

lol I'm sure dotabuff won't like that. I have a 54.74% winrate with Ferny and a 39.22% winrate with Livewire.

My winrate with nightz is lower than AZ D:

I was surprised i almost broke 50% with Ferny. It was 49.7%

My winrate with your alt was really high. Time to bring back the pigeon!

BigAT

damnn, i'm -12 with CB, but +17 with Crow, +19 with AT

-15 with AZ....-17 with Rors!!!

giphy.gif

Pitlord seems like a real fun hero. That ultimate is going to be some game changing shit.

I'm sure Alliance is happy, some next level rat about to happen.

LJ11

are jukes wayyyyy less effective? last year it seemed like you would bounce a full yard to the side on a juke.

All about the rating, if you want to juke you better have the rating to match. Honestly, it's all about that stiff arm, I ignore the button prompts as well, fuck that nonsense. I'm stiff arming your ass.

LJ11

Also, hitting R3 button sends a QB spy after the QB, but they tweaked it this year to make it that any zone near the QB will also take off if you press R3. You don't even need the spy. So yeah, it's definitely harder to run with the QB.

Bread

Banned
All about the rating, if you want to juke you better have the rating to match. Honestly, it's all about that stiff arm, I ignore the button prompts as well, fuck that nonsense. I'm stiff arming your ass.
i tried it with brandin cooks and he barely moved, i figured he was agile as hell with a good juke move. didn't check his stats though.

I saw they added a QB "Give Up" button this year too right? Where you can just make your QB fall down to avoid the sack hit? Is that also L2+R2 Square?

LJ11

Not defending it, but I'm betting they figure you're holding R2 while running anyway, so you just need to press one additional button along with the usual square.

They've actually made that universal with all players. Last couple of years tapping square with a WR gave yourself up, but you couldn't do that with TE or RBs, now they made it L2+R2+Square for all players to give themselves up.

Greg

we might have to play on all pro, idk. all madden is extremely fast and that doubles for the FG kicks!
noOOoo

seems less consistent for sure

sometimes it triggers a weird animation that's really slow, but maybe there's more to the angle you start the juke at that causes it

It really seems like EA wants you to hold L2 to do the RB moves. That's going to take some getting used to, but I did Hold L2+X for a Stiff Arm last night and dropped that fool it felt pretty good

Bread

Banned
Well at least with this new button combo for sliding I won't accidentally slide when I try to dive and vice versa. Would have made more sense to make tapping X slide and L2+R2 X dive.

Greg

they should just make you hold the touch pad and throw your controller on the ground

and did they take out auto-sprint? I know it was defaulted on last year even if you selected all-madden, and I always turned it off - don't see an option anywhere

Top Bottom